Twitter: "I feel great about our football team" - Stephen Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
What did you expect him to say?

I expected him to say he hopes you're tickled pink with what this team accomplishes at year's end! How's that sound? :D

Read the last line I included as you were likely typing. I'm just trying as best I can to keep you happy, Roy, you know that.

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yup, that's pretty much what I was saying, but you said it better.

What have the Rams done:

1. Dumped the overpriced RB.
2. Sucked so they could draft Donald.
3. Drafted some big uglies for the DLine in Greg Gaines.
4. Drafted a route running fiend in the 3rd round.
5. Drafted S's.
6. Made sure the D was hard to run against by signing Ashawn and drafting Bobby Brown.
7. Signed a college calculus teacher to play Dline. OK, that wasn't part of it, but they really did this!!!
8. Sign quality players to fill the gaps.

We are on the way. What we really need is an ultra disruptive inside presence. That is almost always the hallmark of super bowl contenders. If it's not Golston or Osa, or even Galley, then we must do what it takes to get one. Bengals paid Ogunjobi in the offseason, and he was instrumental in making the super bowl.

They switched all the way around from an offensive strong team to a defensive team. Made the commitment by trading for a guy like Ramsey.

They would have been stuck in the mud for it not for the brilliant move to bring in Stafford and get rid of Goff. But they really mortgaged the future by doing it. Its paid off and they are going for it.

Its the speed of how quickly they did everything that is impressive. By using EVERY tool known to them from FA to big trades. Making bold moves. All while Jerry moves at a snails pace. We can only hope.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

What have the Rams done:

5. Drafted S's.
6. Made sure the D was hard to run against by signing Ashawn and drafting Bobby Brown.
7. Signed a college calculus teacher to play Dline. OK, that wasn't part of it, but they really did this!!!

We are on the way. What we really need is an ultra disruptive inside presence. That is almost always the hallmark of super bowl contenders. If it's not Golston or Osa, or even Galley, then we must do what it takes to get one. Bengals paid Ogunjobi in the offseason, and he was instrumental in making the super bowl.

Yap, gotta be able to stop the run. To me this is still a big issue.

Sydla

Reaction score

What have the Rams done:

5. Drafted S's.

Why do people keep listing Golston as some potential inside disruptive guy? He's not. He's a situational interior pass rusher. On third downs, Quinn is going to put a bunch of his faster lineman on the field with Parsons. Thats it.

The Cowboys don't have an interior disruptive force on the roster. Maybe Gallimore but he appears to be just a really good interior player. This team thinks that they can get by with a rotation at DT and don't need to invest in that dominant interior player.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Hey, there's no guarantee that they'll carry out the plan, and maybe we just got lucky that Ganjory and Von wanted too much. Neither was the answer, and I was glad that both wanted too much. However, dumping Coop and Lael and Connor was simply must dos.
Yep I don't disagree with the offseason moves as a whole, and thats actually not why I'm a little down over things....

I also think the defense is headed to another level in year two under Quinn.

It's this offense I'm worried about on several levels and I'm having a tough time shaking it.

Then again, this time last year we were hoping for just a little bit of defense, and the offense would handle the rest, and look what happened.

Really never do know whats going to happen, and the hope therein typically prevails for me. I'll get there!

Hawkeye19

Reaction score

What data or evidence exists that would provide any possible kind of basis to “feel good about” where we are at?

Results or lack thereof— simply do not make any meaningful difference to this FO. Their “strategy” is hope and a misplaced belief that they are awesome “football guys”

RS12

Reaction score
What data or evidence exists that would provide any possible kind of basis to “feel good about” where we are at?

Results or lack thereof— simply do not make any meaningful difference to this FO. Their “strategy” is hope and a misplaced belief that they are awesome “football guys”
If it wasnt for daddy he would be out in the pasture waiting for a cow pie.

kskboys

Reaction score
They switched all the way around from an offensive strong team to a defensive team. Made the commitment by trading for a guy like Ramsey.

They would have been stuck in the mud for it not for the brilliant move to bring in Stafford and get rid of Goff. But they really mortgaged the future by doing it. Its paid off and they are going for it.

Its the speed of how quickly they did everything that is impressive. By using EVERY tool known to them from FA to big trades. Making bold moves. All while Jerry moves at a snails pace. We can only hope.
You have to have the core in place in order to make those big moves. We do not.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yep I don't disagree with the offseason moves as a whole, and thats actually not why I'm a little down over things....

I also think the defense is headed to another level in year two under Quinn.

It's this offense I'm worried about on several levels and I'm having a tough time shaking it.

Then again, this time last year we were hoping for just a little bit of defense, and the offense would handle the rest, and look what happened.

Really never do know whats going to happen, and the hope therein typically prevails for me. I'll get there!
W/ Prescott as the QB, we desperately need to go to a Defensive ball control type team. To me, this is blatantly obvious.

One of Dak's greatest strengths is that he doesn't turn the ball over much. And that would be even less if we'd stop pretending he's Tom Brady. I swear, we take every QB and try to make them into what Jerry thinks they should be. Stupid crapp.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Fans can throw in the towel all they want. But someone attached to the organization can't say we have no chance this year. I bet even the guys in Detroit are saying their feeling good about their team and they think we're heading in the right direction. When you're part of the organization you pretty much have to say positive things.

So the people who thinks he's crazy for saying something like this, are crazy because they don't understand the situation he's in. No player, coach or GM is going to say we don't have a chance this year.
thank you... i only had to go through about 10 people crying like they do everyday on this board before I got to you, someone who has a clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.