I Feel Nothing

Plankton

Reaction score
giphy.gif

visionary

Reaction score
I feel nothing for a man who business is worth +$4B with employees making $M wanting a raise when the performance justifies a raise i.e. your business is worth $4B.

I feel nothing for a man who values himself at $M wanting more $M from the $B business that employees him i.e. his value help make the business worth $4B.

I feel everything for a Dallas Cowboys fan since 1968 that has not seen his favorite team worth $4B not play in a NFC Championship game since 1995, has not had consecutive 10+ win seasons since 1996, has not had a Head Coach with successful game management experience of back to back playoffs since 1999, and have watch the Dallas Cowboys completely go from world class winner to world class entertainer.

I feel nothing and I feel everything.

I also feel nothing (such as sympathy or pity) for fans like you who don’t understand economics 101

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
I feel nothing for a man who business is worth +$4B with employees making $M wanting a raise when the performance justifies a raise i.e. your business is worth $4B.

I feel nothing for a man who values himself at $M wanting more $M from the $B business that employees him i.e. his value help make the business worth $4B.

I feel everything for a Dallas Cowboys fan since 1968 that has not seen his favorite team worth $4B not play in a NFC Championship game since 1995, has not had consecutive 10+ win seasons since 1996, has not had a Head Coach with successful game management experience of back to back playoffs since 1999, and have watch the Dallas Cowboys completely go from world class winner to world class entertainer.

:rolleyes:

Enjoy the season, or not.

Shinaoi

Reaction score
It has nothing to do with money and everything to do with salary cap. You mismanage it with over paid players and things go bad it’s a disaster for the team. It’s not that hard of a concept to understand, but evidently it is.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Chan Gailey is the last Cowboys head coach to reach the playoffs in consecutive years, his only two as head coach, and Jerry replaced him with Dave Campo.

Ol' Jerry has obviously gotten more patient with head coaches since then.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chan Gailey is the last Cowboys head coach to reach the playoffs in consecutive years, his only two as head coach, and Jerry replaced him with Dave Campo.

Ol' Jerry has obviously gotten more patient with head coaches since then.

Gailey went 10-6, then 8-8, won the division, then as a WC. He lost both playoff games.
I am actually surprised Jerry fired him. Then he gives Campo 3 years at 5-11.

Garrett has had 9 years, losing playoff games, missing the playoffs. But yet he is still here too.

Even though the teams the past few years are far better with talent than Campo ever had. And Gailey, those players were leaving in FA as well retiring from injuries.

fansince68

Reaction score

Well said. I came aboard that same year...

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Get paid when it's you're time to get paid, or at least show up to work and negotiate, or how about staying out of the news when demanding more money. Let's start there. And Zeke is my favorite player.

More fans needing to be kept comfortable. If teams set a precedent of negotiating after year 3 then players are going to want to negotiate after year 3 when they ball out at elite levels like Aaron Donald or Zeke have. So there is no "turn" when teams allow players to talk to them as early as post-year 3. If there was a rule against it, front offices would show it to players and not even talk. They don't do that because there is none plus they want to keep their blue chip player happy. The front offices started it and players just follow suit. Just like owner greed. Yet the players are the perpetrators when they merely react. Why is that?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Gailey went 10-6, then 8-8, won the division, then as a WC. He lost both playoff games.
I am actually surprised Jerry fired him. Then he gives Campo 3 years at 5-11.

Garrett has had 9 years, losing playoff games, missing the playoffs. But yet he is still here too.

Even though the teams the past few years are far better with talent than Campo ever had. And Gailey, those players were leaving in FA as well retiring from injuries.

I remember the 10-6 Gailey team losing a home WC playoff game to Jake Plummer's Cardinals, 20-7. They had beaten the Cards twice during the regular season.

That certainly didn't score him any points with his boss.