I Feel Nothing

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For some it might be. Jerry seems to take the opposite approach and seems perfectly content rolling the die. So if anything, Elliott has a chance to see his bargaining position erode if the Cowboys play well without him.
That's the gamble, right there. Can his new OC and QB make it work without the RB?

If you are Elliott, having seen the QB without you would make you feel confident but he hasn't seen the O with this OC so he's not sure. They start off with two teams they should beat so that repeat of 93 that Elliott is hoping for is more unlikely.

I would be untruthful if I didn't admit this adds an element to the season that I did not foresee but I like it. Find out about the QB, OC and O without the best skill player on the O and if that's positive, they don't have to pay him beyond 2020 and can use that money for others.

The one thing that I don't think happens is a precedent for holding out with 2 years left on the contract. LVE can't do that, they can work around that a lot easier than the guy they built the offense around.

TheGoat73

Reaction score
I feel nothing for a man who business is worth +$4B with employees making $M wanting a raise when the performance justifies a raise i.e. your business is worth $4B.

I feel nothing for a man who values himself at $M wanting more $M from the $B business that employees him i.e. his value help make the business worth $4B.

I feel everything for a Dallas Cowboys fan since 1968 that has not seen his favorite team worth $4B not play in a NFC Championship game since 1995, has not had consecutive 10+ win seasons since 1996, has not had a Head Coach with successful game management experience of back to back playoffs since 1999, and have watch the Dallas Cowboys completely go from world class winner to world class entertainer.

I feel nothing and I feel everything.
There’s a Dinosaur Jr song in my head after reading this.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I feel nothing for a man who business is worth +$4B with employees making $M wanting a raise when the performance justifies a raise i.e. your business is worth $4B.

I feel nothing for a man who values himself at $M wanting more $M from the $B business that employees him i.e. his value help make the business worth $4B.

I feel everything for a Dallas Cowboys fan since 1968 that has not seen his favorite team worth $4B not play in a NFC Championship game since 1995, has not had consecutive 10+ win seasons since 1996, has not had a Head Coach with successful game management experience of back to back playoffs since 1999, and have watch the Dallas Cowboys completely go from world class winner to world class entertainer.

Jerry can have all the money in the world but he and this organization are under a NFL salary cap. Every team has the same amount to spend regardless of the owners personal wealth

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
1) Not the case- not the NFLs fault that late round RB's have done well
2) Not the case - fans don't like Zeke because his off-field crap and they don't value the RB- not because he wants more money
3) Not remotely the same https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/arti...l_elliott_holdout_comparisons/s1_127_29787830
4) We understand the business and the salary cap. The players vote on the CBA - they can hold out as a group if they can stomach it - go cry me a river
5) Really the fans that pays hundreds for tickets hate them because they make a lot of money - what are you talking about - I hate this argument. I don't hate actors who make multi millions - it is just stupid

The fans can cry me a river. They can watch it on TV. Asa far as the rest, Emmitt's ego means nothing in this scenario. The rest of your comments are incorrect.

Sydla

Reaction score
I feel sorry for people who have grown to hate Zeke because the league has decided his position is essentially valueless after the rookie contract.

I feel sorry for the running back who is the dominate force in this league, yet fans of his team despise him because he wants to make money while he can.

I feel sorry for fans who make excuses that Emmitt was different when it was the same situation because Emmitt could not sign with another team regardless of the lack of cap.

I feel sorry for people who do not understand this business of the NFL is set up to hold all players hostage and stop the union from being a force owners have to live with in a fair way. I am not a union advocate by any means, but the system is set up where only the elite players at this position have the ability to push back on the system to get their just reward. All others are disposable. Not because of something solid other than the greed of the owners.

Although I think greed gets a bad rap.

I feel especially sorry for people who make excuses about a man's paycheck and justify their hatred because he has the ability to make a great deal of money.

Envy is a horrible way to live.

I feel sorry for the fans that immediately use phrases like "hates the player" when they don't like their position and try to minimize valid arguments made by others in discussions like this. It shows a lack of intellect and depth to a person's argument.

aikemirv

Reaction score
The fans can cry me a river. They can watch it on TV. Asa far as the rest, Emmitt's ego means nothing in this scenario. The rest of your comments are incorrect.

Emmitts ego - HE DID NOT HAVE A CONTRACT!

The fans can cry a river and turn off the TV - been happening a lot lately if you have not noticed.

Players might take some note as well because they are slowly killing their future!

Sydla

Reaction score

LOL at now blaming Emmitt's ego.

Here's the reality. Emmitt wasn't under contract when he held out. Elliott is. If you can't see the distinct difference, then you are just being purposely obtuse.

GMO415

Reaction score
I feel nothing for players playing a kids game for millions. Sheesh

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I feel sorry for the fans that immediately use phrases like "hates the player" when they don't like their position and try to minimize valid arguments made by others in discussions like this. It shows a lack of intellect and depth to a person's argument.

None of these arguments are valid. They are made from an emotional stand point by fans that have no skin in the game. This is simply hurt feelings and striking out against Zeke because the fans think they will be cheated out of something they have no say in.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Emmitts ego - HE DID NOT HAVE A CONTRACT!

The fans can cry a river and turn off the TV - been happening a lot lately if you have not noticed.

Players might take some note as well because they are slowly killing their future!

Yes, Emmitt's ego, today. He has a reputation and linking him with Zeke somehow in hius mind will have an affect on that.

Further, Emmitt held out signing a contract the first year.

In 1993 Emmitt could not take his game anywhere else. He either signed with the Cowboys or not. He sat out. He asked for and received the highest paid contract for a running back. Just a bit more than Barry, because of that ego. He didn't take less.

Casual fans come and go. I occasionally see people talk about not watching the Cowboys because of the way Jerry treated Landry. Even though he did not treat Landry poorly.

This is business between Jerry and Zeke. The rest of the wailing here is fans whining.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I honestly have no emotion in the Zeke argument. None really - I am indifferent to him playing as I would be fine with seeing how Dak fares without him. I kind of think that will be more entertaining than watching the Cowboys just lose in the playoffs again.

Simple economics that some don't understand on this thread I guess.

Sydla

Reaction score
None of these arguments are valid. They are made from an emotional stand point by fans that have no skin in the game. This is simply hurt feelings and striking out against Zeke because the fans think they will be cheated out of something they have no say in.

If this wasn't a capped league, I'd hope Jerry would give Elliott $20MM a year. I wouldn't care.

But we don't operate in this world. We operate in a world where teams are constrained by a salary cap and team after team show they can win in this current NFL without pouring millions of dollars and high draft resources into the RB position.

You find that invalid because you have no logical rebuttal. Instead, it's just easier to insult people.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

You know nothing either. There's a salary cap all teams must operate under.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Yes, Emmitt's ego, today. He has a reputation and linking him with Zeke somehow in hius mind will have an affect on that.

Further, Emmitt held out signing a contract the first year.

In 1993 Emmitt could not take his game anywhere else. He either signed with the Cowboys or not. He sat out. He asked for and received the highest paid contract for a running back. Just a bit more than Barry, because of that ego. He didn't take less.

Casual fans come and go. I occasionally see people talk about not watching the Cowboys because of the way Jerry treated Landry. Even though he did not treat Landry poorly.

This is business between Jerry and Zeke. The rest of the wailing here is fans whining.

Have you compared Nascar fans/empty seats today versus 10 years ago? Fans whining IS a big deal. Think that is having an impact? Where do think the NFL money comes from?

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
LOL at now blaming Emmitt's ego.

Here's the reality. Emmitt wasn't under contract when he held out. Elliott is. If you can't see the distinct difference, then you are just being purposely obtuse.

When Emmitt played they had feature backs. The league is now using these guys as plug and play.

The difference here is Zeke is the best back in the league. Period. He should not be viewed like the rabble in these run by committee. And the fact Jerry is willing to negotiate indicates this is the loop hole in the system for those rare players.

Grab a box is tissues. Because all this spite from the We dislike Zeke faction ignores he not just ther straw in the drink. He is the glass, ice and liquor as well.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
If this wasn't a capped league, I'd hope Jerry would give Elliott $20MM a year. I wouldn't care.

But we don't operate in this world. We operate in a world where teams are constrained by a salary cap and team after team show they can win in this current NFL without pouring millions of dollars and high draft resources into the RB position.

You find that invalid because you have no logical rebuttal. Instead, it's just easier to insult people.

Cap or not Emmitt still could not go anywhere. He turned his back on the team to get the top pay for his position.

Fans are crying because they seem to think this team could play for several years at the top.,

1. There is no guatantee they are at the top.

2. Dak is the weak link. I am giving him this year to put it together. Show me. But he is a bigger liability than Zeke ever was.

Your assessment of my rebuttal would have so much more meaning if I valued your opinion. I truly don't feel either way about what you think about my position. You number among the fan base that refuses to see this any way but emotionally. Hence the acting out.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I remember the 10-6 Gailey team losing a home WC playoff game to Jake Plummer's Cardinals, 20-7. They had beaten the Cards twice during the regular season.

That certainly didn't score him any points with his boss.

I was at that game. It sucked.