I Feel Nothing

Sydla

Reaction score
I feel nothing for a man who business is worth +$4B with employees making $M wanting a raise when the performance justifies a raise i.e. your business is worth $4B.

I feel nothing for a man who values himself at $M wanting more $M from the $B business that employees him i.e. his value help make the business worth $4B.

I feel everything for a Dallas Cowboys fan since 1968 that has not seen his favorite team worth $4B not play in a NFC Championship game since 1995, has not had consecutive 10+ win seasons since 1996, has not had a Head Coach with successful game management experience of back to back playoffs since 1999, and have watch the Dallas Cowboys completely go from world class winner to world class entertainer.

I feel nothing and I feel everything.

What does Jerry's net worth have to do with this?

You guys do realize that the Cowboys holding the line on contracts isn't about putting more money in Jerry's pocket, but rather, operating a team under a salary cap constraint, right?

Dre11

Reaction score
More fans needing to be kept comfortable. If teams set a precedent of negotiating after year 3 then players are going to want to negotiate after year 3 when they ball out at elite levels like Aaron Donald or Zeke have. So there is no "turn" when teams allow players to talk to them as early as post-year 3. If there was a rule against it, front offices would show it to players and not even talk. They don't do that because there is none plus they want to keep their blue chip player happy. The front offices started it and players just follow suit. Just like owner greed. Yet the players are the perpetrators when they merely react. Why is that?

Because Zeke isn't the only player needed to get done. Dak has a year left, guess what, he's at work, Cooper has a year left , guess what, he's at work. They also aren't a problem. It obvious the FO wants to pay him.

Sydla

Reaction score
More fans needing to be kept comfortable. If teams set a precedent of negotiating after year 3 then players are going to want to negotiate after year 3 when they ball out at elite levels like Aaron Donald or Zeke have. So there is no "turn" when teams allow players to talk to them as early as post-year 3. If there was a rule against it, front offices would show it to players and not even talk. They don't do that because there is none plus they want to keep their blue chip player happy. The front offices started it and players just follow suit. Just like owner greed. Yet the players are the perpetrators when they merely react. Why is that?

It's interesting to view this from Cowboys precedent. They have been all over the map.

Frederick got his new deal after his 3rd year.

Zach Martin was drafted in 2014. He didn't get his new deal until after his 4th year.

Tyron Smith got a new deal after his third year.

Bryant didn't get his new deal until later. Byron Jones is entering his option year and has no new deal.

If you go back as far as Ware, he signed his first extension after Year 4.

So it seems precedent here is if you are willing to take a team friendly deal - like Smith and Frederick were - you can get a deal done when you first are eligible. If you want to hold out for more money, and I recall Martin wanted more and Bryant's was a difficult negotiation, you likely are looking at a redo in your option year, at the earliest.

So Dallas holding firm here with Elliott isn't unprecedented.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Because Zeke isn't the only player needed to get done. Dak has a year left, guess what, he's at work, Cooper has a year left , guess what, he's at work. They also aren't a problem. It obvious the FO wants to pay him.

Who cares what other players do? After year 3 is a precedent so Zeke is willing to take that risk. Plus if Dak and Cooper's deals go through and then the front office claims poverty, then what for Zeke? So you strike while the iron's hot and ignore the noise of hypocritical fans who would do the exact same thing if in Zeke's shoes. But they never will be so they criticize.

Dre11

Reaction score

It's funny you leave out Zekes issues, how convenient....lol if Zeke was here , he may have his deal.

Sydla

Reaction score
Who cares what other players do? After year 3 is a precedent so Zeke is willing to take that risk. Plus if Dak and Cooper's deals go through and then the front office claims poverty, then what for Zeke? So you strike while the iron's hot and ignore the noise of hypocritical fans who would do the exact same thing if in Zeke's shoes. But they never will be so they criticize.

Again what's precedent?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I feel nothing for a man who business is worth +$4B with employees making $M wanting a raise when the performance justifies a raise i.e. your business is worth $4B.

I feel nothing for a man who values himself at $M wanting more $M from the $B business that employees him i.e. his value help make the business worth $4B.

I feel everything for a Dallas Cowboys fan since 1968 that has not seen his favorite team worth $4B not play in a NFC Championship game since 1995, has not had consecutive 10+ win seasons since 1996, has not had a Head Coach with successful game management experience of back to back playoffs since 1999, and have watch the Dallas Cowboys completely go from world class winner to world class entertainer.

I feel nothing and I feel everything.
I feel you bro! Or, maybe I don't.

Dre11

Reaction score

There's hypocritical fans. What the hell are you talking about. There's no guarantee that won't still happen. That's stupid and they should get paid first, they're here , he's not. What damn company want a to pay a man that won't show up for work? Stays in the news , before those here busting their *** with their team.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
It's funny you leave out Zekes issues, how convenient....lol if Zeke was here , he may have his deal.

His issues are worth a discount regarding guaranteed money, sure. But other knuckleheads got sweet deals so I'm sure Zeke will be no different.

There's hypocritical fans. What the hell are you talking about. There's no guarantee that won't still happen. That's stupid and they should get paid first, they're here , he's not. What damn company want a to pay a man that won't show up for work? Stays in the news , before those here busting their *** with their team.

This ain't a cannery for corn. You need to get this regular joe job crap out of your head. These are the tactics pro players have been using since forever. The threat of no services when the team really, really needs you is a nice bargaining tactic.

Sydla

Reaction score
His issues are worth a discount regarding guaranteed money, sure. But other knuckleheads got sweet deals so I'm sure Zeke will be no different.

This ain't a cannery for corn. You need to get this regular joe job crap out of your head. These are the tactics pro players have been using since forever. The threat of no services when the team really, really needs you is a nice bargaining tactic.

For some it might be. Jerry seems to take the opposite approach and seems perfectly content rolling the die. So if anything, Elliott has a chance to see his bargaining position erode if the Cowboys play well without him.

Sydla

Reaction score
That you too can become a bigger millionaire after year 3. Just squabblin' about numbers is what's going on now.

Of course it's about numbers. But the Cowboys have been perfectly content letting players play out their deals longer if they don't like what the player wants. Bryant didn't get his new deal until his option year. Same with Martin. Ware as well. Those guys that were willing to take more team friendly deals - Frederick and Tyron Smith - they got deals done immediately.

Elliott is a lot closer to the Bryant method of negotiating than Tyron Smith.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This issue is so much simpler than a lot of people make it.

Salary cap.

Teams are restrained by it. In a free market, sure, pay everyone everything they want.

But when working on a limited budget, I don't understand when people say that Jerry is just being greedy by not wanting to pay Zeke what he's "demanding".

Jerry isn't being greedy. He's being responsible.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
For some it might be. Jerry seems to take the opposite approach and seems perfectly content rolling the die. So if anything, Elliott has a chance to see his bargaining position erode if the Cowboys play well without him.

That is the risk here. Both sides have to deal with that "if."

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I feel sorry for people who have grown to hate Zeke because the league has decided his position is essentially valueless after the rookie contract.

I feel sorry for the running back who is the dominate force in this league, yet fans of his team despise him because he wants to make money while he can.

I feel sorry for fans who make excuses that Emmitt was different when it was the same situation because Emmitt could not sign with another team regardless of the lack of cap.

I feel sorry for people who do not understand this business of the NFL is set up to hold all players hostage and stop the union from being a force owners have to live with in a fair way. I am not a union advocate by any means, but the system is set up where only the elite players at this position have the ability to push back on the system to get their just reward. All others are disposable. Not because of something solid other than the greed of the owners.

Although I think greed gets a bad rap.

I feel especially sorry for people who make excuses about a man's paycheck and justify their hatred because he has the ability to make a great deal of money.

Envy is a horrible way to live.

Dre11

Reaction score

And there lies the problem, he's being a knucklehead now.

It doesn't have to be a regular job, the fact the Cowboys have his rights for 2 years and can f him if they wanted to makes this situation similar to a non. I work by contract too. If I breach it. I'm *** and Zeke can be too. His services may not be needed. Then what?....lol

aikemirv

Reaction score
I feel sorry for people who have grown to hate Zeke because the league has decided his position is essentially valueless after the rookie contract.

I feel sorry for the running back who is the dominate force in this league, yet fans of his team despise him because he wants to make money while he can.

I feel sorry for fans who make excuses that Emmitt was different when it was the same situation because Emmitt could not sign with another team regardless of the lack of cap.

I feel sorry for people who do not understand this business of the NFL is set up to hold all players hostage and stop the union from being a force owners have to live with in a fair way. I am not a union advocate by any means, but the system is set up where only the elite players at this position have the ability to push back on the system to get their just reward. All others are disposable. Not because of something solid other than the greed of the owners.

Although I think greed gets a bad rap.

I feel especially sorry for people who make excuses about a man's paycheck and justify their hatred because he has the ability to make a great deal of money.

Envy is a horrible way to live.

1) Not the case- not the NFLs fault that late round RB's have done well
2) Not the case - fans don't like Zeke because his off-field crap and they don't value the RB- not because he wants more money
3) Not remotely the same https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/arti...l_elliott_holdout_comparisons/s1_127_29787830
4) We understand the business and the salary cap. The players vote on the CBA - they can hold out as a group if they can stomach it - go cry me a river
5) Really the fans that pays hundreds for tickets hate them because they make a lot of money - what are you talking about - I hate this argument. I don't hate actors who make multi millions - it is just stupid