I feel that Gallup fell of when he got paid

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ever tore your knee up? I have and it takes 2+ years to get back feeling comfortable again, especially on the mental side of it. You always feel like you are about to injure it again.

With that said, he does need to be better, at least progress each week.

Jipper

Reaction score
he had a very bad injury and has just not come back, whether its mental or physcial or some piece, it is what it is. Hes likely gone after this year but he was a bad resigning

RomoIsGod

Reaction score
Ever tore your knee up? I have and it takes 2+ years to get back feeling comfortable again, especially on the mental side of it. You always feel like you are about to injure it again.

He has the best doctors available while guys like me and you don't have that 24/7 care like he does.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The problem this year is we were told that he was 100% and ready to go. Gallup and the team both said that. I was buying last year but this year something off....so far.

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score

I hear that but we gave him a 3 year deal that may give us 1 year (or zero) production. Hindsight is great but it looks a terrible decision now surely?

John813

Reaction score
While ACL recoveries have come a long way in 30 years I think there's the few that need more time to truly trust their body they are at 100%.
Gallup expanded on that this offseason after his subpar 2022 season but I'm not convinced he's playing up to the level he could be playing at.

Unfortunate, but I don't think he checked out due to the checks he's cashed but still mental over the injury.

ghst187

Reaction score
He wasn’t great when we paid him, I felt like Jerry really wanted to spite Amari so badly that is part of the reason he gave Gallup a deal and traded Amari to the Browns, the Browns. We would’ve been better off keeping Amari or even Wilson than signing Gallup to his deal as Wilson would’ve been much cheaper and had chemistry with Dak. We are now also stuck with Gallup and couldn’t make any moves to trade for a game changer like DHop or Adams because we are saddled with Gallups deal, which won’t move.

Praxit

Reaction score
He wasn’t great when we paid him, I felt like Jerry really wanted to spite Amari so badly that is part of the reason he gave Gallup a deal and traded Amari to the Browns, the Browns. We would’ve been better off keeping Amari or even Wilson than signing Gallup to his deal as Wilson would’ve been much cheaper and had chemistry with Dak. We are now also stuck with Gallup and couldn’t make any moves to trade for a game changer like DHop or Adams because we are saddled with Gallups deal, which won’t move.
..my initial reaction was,"huh". When I heard Gallup was paid up.

Cooper was gone. So my guess, they placed all chips into making him #1. Which backfired.

rags747

Reaction score
I do not believe that is who he is. I do believe that his knee is still not 100% for whatever reason. Yeah you would think that he would be back to 100% by now but body’s are different! He needs to pick it up or let’s start getting some targets to his backup that has been so much improved in year 2, obviously I’m currently forgetting his name! Age or too much Rum?!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I get it he tore his acl. But this is over a year and a half. He doesn't seem to have the drive he once had. Did that big contract ruin him?
It has nothing to do with his drive. Not all players return to form after an ACL. Jason Sehorn was one of the top DBs in the game until he tore his ACL in a preseason game. He was never the same player after that. On the other hand, Michael Irvin had a Hall of Fame career after tearing his ACL.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
FO knew what they were doing...this was a contract extension for personal reasons against Amari Cooper

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I get it he tore his acl. But this is over a year and a half. He doesn't seem to have the drive he once had. Did that big contract ruin him?
You can't just dismiss a ACL injury lol. Some guys never recover from it. Some do. Gallup doesn't look to be recovering from his he's lost speed and athleticism.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Naw. I like Wilson but in hindsight the best move was to get rid of Cooper and not re-sign Wilson and/or Gallup. None of those guys got the contracts they should've. Only problem is they didn't find a Amari replacement and that's what hurt.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You think Romo is God....that's all I need to hear.lol