I feel that Gallup fell of when he got paid

Jumbo075

Reaction score
I get it he tore his acl. But this is over a year and a half. He doesn't seem to have the drive he once had. Did that big contract ruin him?
It was the injury, not the pay day, that has caused his deteriorating play.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
I think most of the FO wanted Amari gone, for what ever reason. We will never know the real cause. I will admit I don't believe everything that is said about a player, but they wanted

Amari gone. We rolled the dice on Amari and Michael and as of yet we took the bad end of that deal. BUT !!!!! The season ain't over yet ! Here's to MG putting up better numbers as the

season progresses

cowboynut

Reaction score
Don’t they all fall off when they get the bag? DL, EE, DP, wolf hunter, etc Micah will do the same.

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
At this point Tolbert should be playing over him.

Can tell he just needs to be out there and he’ll make plays. Just a more explosive fresher looking player.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Dak fell off after he got paid too, but so what? Most NFL players do it. Micah will do the same after he gets paid.

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with his drive. Not all players return to form after an ACL. Jason Sehorn was one of the top DBs in the game until he tore his ACL in a preseason game. He was never the same player after that. On the other hand, Michael Irvin had a Hall of Fame career after tearing his ACL.

Hopefully Steele isn’t gonna be Gallup part 2.0

Zman5

Reaction score
He might not ever be the same player he was before the injury. He was never a speedster but was very good at coming down with 50/50 jump balls. You need some big hops for that type of play. The injury has taken away some of that ability. Dez was also the same type of player. Dez had much greater athleticism than Gallup and even Dez was never the same after multiple lower leg injuries.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/michael-gallup-25180/

I think Michael Gallup needs to be a 1 June cut. He's becoming very unreliable, and I think the potential out for this offseason is looking like a good spot of the contract. He's not been getting the ball much lately, and he had a very bad drop today imo. This draft looks good with WRs, and I think Lamb, Cooks, and Tolbert is a nice trio at WR if we can't draft a WR in the first 3 picks.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's like he can only make tough contested catches, frustrating but yeah he's gotta go, WR group needs an overhaul

Adiba1977

Reaction score
He’s poor at running routes. Slow. Just big body who can make some contested catches. Shouldn’t have paid him.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
I get it he tore his acl. But this is over a year and a half. He doesn't seem to have the drive he once had. Did that big contract ruin him?
he was hurt when he signed his deal. he was never great. some of you overrated him. could it be that because he had two pro bowl caliber receivers ahead of him and it allowed him to make plays and now we only have one 1/2 ? cooks can be if used right.gallup was never that good. he was o and then got injured. he always struggled to seperate without a double move.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
He’s poor at running routes. Slow. Just big body who can make some contested catches. Shouldn’t have paid him.
imagine lamb with Cooper . this lamb with cooper would be amazing. he adjusted his deal with cle by the way.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
the same people who thought gallup was equal to coop though pollard was way better than zeke, they need to own it now. we got rid of two starters who did a lot for this team and would now. zeke alone helps our redzone offense. coop allows lamb to get a break at times from the best corner and can win a few games by himself.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He got injured and we paid him like it was not a factor. We did the same thing with Pollard and Steele. These guys are killing us.

Cydios

Reaction score
Isn't this the trend of most Dallas players? I can't think of the last player who got better after a large contract.