I fully expect Dak and the other 2 top players to receive extensions!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
They're still in the "Dave Campo days" now.

You can just see a trashy backyard instead of a brick wall when you look at the window now.

The same way people talk about that post Aikman QB purgatory. We're still firmly in it right now. The weather is just a tad better.
I don't disagree, but to them all they want is relevance, a super bowl is the cherry on top! Being a 5-11 team, nobody cares, nor are discussing the team.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
All of that is true. No doubt about that. So now you open up the door to Dak leaving on his own.
Yes, but Jerry believes he will be able to resign him under any circumstance.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
How do we know Jerry and Stephen are holding up Dak's extension? For all we know, they may have already given Dak and Todd a hard top number they will regardless of what happens this season but Dak may want more. I think it's possible Dak is determined to test free agency and there is nothing Jerry can do to stop him. A season-ending injury is the only thing that can tilt the leverage back in Jerry's favor.
His agent has a history of forcing his clients to leave for a bigger payday. Smart business is to enter fa and increase his client's value. Question is, does Dak truly want to remain a Cowboy or does he want to maximize his earning potential?

Chasing6

Reaction score
What you aren’t taking into consideration is that this front office probably has no plan whatsoever. They’re playing it by ear. They’re lazy. They’re cheap. They’re incompetent. Never underestimate their ineptitude. On top of it all, they’re arrogant and actually believe they know what they’re doing. They will let the season play out and decide what their next best move is based in the results of this season and most importantly postseason , should this team qualify.
Well if I am CD I am would continue to hold out for camp and be prepared to miss a few games without a new deal. Once we go 0-2 with out Lamb the season will be lost.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Question is, does Dak truly want to remain a Cowboy or does he want to maximize his earning potential?
Two or three years ago I would have thought he wanted to play his entire career as a Cowboy but he recently mentioned being prepared to play for another team. He also recently admitted to having more input/knowledge about the team and his next contract than the current one he signed. So I think he is going for the biggest payday he can get knowing this could be his last crack of max value....that's here, fine, if not, so be it.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I don't disagree, but to them all they want is relevance, a super bowl is the cherry on top! Being a 5-11 team, nobody cares, nor are discussing the team.
There is literally nothing the Cowboys could do that would lose them relevance at this point.

They're great? They get talked about as "is this finally the year"?

They suck? 'HAHAHA the Cowboys suck!"

They're average? "HA! Same ole Cowboys just being the Cowboys".

JBS

Reaction score
Well if I am CD I am would continue to hold out for camp and be prepared to miss a few games without a new deal. Once we go 0-2 with out Lamb the season will be lost.
I did a poor job in that explanation. That only applies to Dak. Lamb and Parsons will get their money.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Yep, which is one of the reasons behind the idea of not improving the roster. Why give Dak weapons to highlight his skillset.
You’re saying the Cowboys are purposely sacrificing the season to a degree in order to reduce Dak Prescott’s earning potential? Do NFL franchises really do things like that? That is a ridiculous notion. If there was any truth to that no self-respecting coach or professional football player would ever want anything to do with the Cowboys organization. Let’s be bad so our guy can’t get as big a contract as he wants. Seriously? Do you really believe that?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
You’re saying the Cowboys are purposely sacrificing the season to a degree in order to reduce Dak Prescott’s earning potential? Do NFL franchises really do things like that? That is a ridiculous notion. If there was any truth to that no self-respecting coach or professional football player would ever want anything to do with the Cowboys organization. Let’s be bad so our guy can’t get as big a contract as he wants. Seriously? Do you really believe that?
Hasnt the very fact we (for once) didnt sign our own and as a result lessened the roster (even if it's only on the depth chart) say something. Or the fact that our O-Line is going to probably be manned by 2 rookies. Didnt the very fact that we needed a RB, but decided against drafting one and are playing to go by committee tell you something.

Im not saying they're doing this to effect Dak's earning, but it certainly doesnt make me think we're doing everything in their power to help Dak succeed.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Hasnt the very fact we (for once) didnt sign our own and as a result lessened the roster (even if it's only on the depth chart) say something. Or the fact that our O-Line is going to probably be manned by 2 rookies. Didnt the very fact that we needed a RB, but decided against drafting one and are playing to go by committee tell you something.

Im not saying they're doing this to effect Dak's earning, but it certainly doesnt make me think we're doing everything in their power to help Dak succeed.
It says our team was obviously not as good as GM Jethro thought it was. Jethro thinks we have had a SB contender for the last 28 years.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Dak will definitely get his money. Only question is where.
and if it's in Dallas, who gets the blame if he doesnt perform? We sceptics would blame both (especially if he gets market setting), Jerry for another capitulation and Dak for the performance.....but who would the out and out Dak fans blame?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
It says our team was obviously not as good as GM Jethro thought it was. Jethro thinks we have had a SB contender for the last 28 years.
Exactly, but that team right upto kick-off before GB we were good enough ......I could imagine someone could find posts hailing us as potential SB contenders. It's now multiple pieces away and CAP is such that we need to see those elite contracts playing up to their salary......good luck Dak, this is what it's like when you cost 21% of the CAP.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Exactly, but that team right upto kick-off before GB we were good enough ......I could imagine someone could find posts hailing us as potential SB contenders. It's now multiple pieces away and CAP is such that we need to see those elite contracts playing up to their salary......good luck Dak, this is what it's like when you cost 21% of the CAP.
I am sure we can still find those today. Vegas needs odds to make money. How come I can't bet that Dallas will not win the SB?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score

Shouldn’t the organization be “doing everything in their power to help” the Cowboys succeed? Commanders, Eagles, and Giants didn’t win the Super Bowl last year and all of them are taking steps to improv because they weren’t good enough. You think the Cowboys are like “oh what the hell, let’s just mindless field a team of whatever”? The Cowboys are working to win the division again, and win in the playoffs. Maybe they can’t sign everyone right now or sign free agents, but they are not throwing in the towel on an entire season.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I also agree w this. This is why I think they’re playing it by ear.
Well it is possible it works and Dak is comfortable with it. However, I think CD will hold out of camp and willing to miss a few games to get a deal done.

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score

Your screaming to pay Dak and make him the highest paid QB in the league , for what ?

Then scream in the next breath , Why aren't they helping Dak .....