I give you Dak Prescott - the NFL's highest rated passer

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
....and Leadership skills that are other worldly. He is ascending into Staubach air.

Good point in bold. That is a great perspective to use as a lens when evaluating the terms "upside" or "ceiling" for Dak. He is playing in outer space right now.

I was going to highlight that statement also. @RonnieT24 hit it out the park with that one!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I fail to see how he was hating on the Cowboys or Dak with that statement. He was replying to me regarding my comment about not caring who wins the SB MVP.

That being said, Dak's kicking tail and will likely win the SB mvp if the Cowboys win it. I just hate it when Dak runs it. I know he's tough, but I'm not a fan of him getting injured. We need him.
It was based on his history here, not just that post.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Well said.. as Michael Irvin always says: Don't talk to me about me where a man is when he arrives.. talk to me how far he has had to come. When he came into the league Dak had waaaaay further to go as an NFL passer than most guys who end up being elite NFL QBs. His college offense was equally likely to ask him to run it as throw it. His mechanics were spotty at best and he probably had never been asked to really read the defense other than to decide whether to throw it to the first read or run with it. This season has really been a continuation of what we saw from him last year.. san the turnovers. Dak's improvement in the last 5 years is a testament not only to his work ethic but also his mental acuity. Since he was able to graduate with two degrees and already has his masters in psych he's clearly an intelligent young man. But many is the intelligent young man who has been unable to solve NFL football. Kudos to him for that.. with a nod to Kellen Moore and Doug Nussmeier.

100000000000 LIKES!

Reactions: BAT

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Dak's evolution is almost the equivalent of a wishbone college QB turning into one of the NFL's best passers.. It's been absolutely amazing. Even the biggest Dak fan would have to admit they never saw THIS coming. I always thought Dak would be better than expectations just because of his work ethic, leadership and demeanor.. But beginning in late 2019 it became apparent that he needed to take another step.. Not so much about his passing but he needed to simply take ownership of this offense and elevate it. He needed to be out there at the line pointing out what the defense is doing and changing to the proper protection and to the proper play to destroy what he sees. He also needed to be willing to stand in the pocket and ignore all the bodies around him and deliver strikes. He didn't start doing that until 2020.. ironically probably during the fluke comeback against ATL.. But even then I didn't recognize it until I saw him bring us back at Seattle.. and then do it again against Cleveland at home.. Once we fell behind against the Giants and he led us to three straight 75 yard TD drives (counting the one he left when he got hurt) I had seen enough. You can't shake this kid.. You can't break him.. No matter what is thrown at him he doesn't blink.. That's when I said "Sign him now, Jerry."

2000000000000 LIKES!

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I fail to see how he was hating on the Cowboys or Dak with that statement. He was replying to me regarding my comment about not caring who wins the SB MVP.

That being said, Dak's kicking tail and will likely win the SB mvp if the Cowboys win it. I just hate it when Dak runs it. I know he's tough, but I'm not a fan of him getting injured. We need him.
You expect too much from Rocky. He's lost.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Back to back stinkers by Stafford (is he remembering who he really is now?) and a major stinker by Wilson places Dak at the top of the mountain for at least this week. Since the KC defense stinks I don't see any reason for him to fall off that perch at least for one more.. He struggled a little the last time he faced the Raiders but that was on the road so he should light into them too at home and on Thanksgiving. Dude might take home the passing title along with his comeback player of the year trophy and Super Bowl MVP!! ;-)
Great season Dak!
Please keep it up!

Reactions: BAT

Mr_437

Reaction score
I think Staubach was a better QB than Aikman, but Aikman was a different kind of beast come playoff time. The man was focused and we were lucky to have him.
I was going to mention Staubach, then realized I now almost nothing about his career. Thanks @DeathMonkey for chiming in so Captain can get some credit too.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Troy Aikman: 3
Dak Prescott: 0
Counting Super Bowls over here...those other stats don't amount to much. I mean if Dak doesn't win a SB no one is going to care what his stats were.

Come on man.. in a sport where 52 other players and a dozen coaches contribute to wins and losses this is far too simplistic a view. There have been a lot of QBs who have played at the highest level whose teammates have let them down at the worst possible moment. If we're just counting Super Bowls then Jeff Hostetler, Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Joe Theisman, Joe Flacco and a host of other less than great QBs are better than Dan Marino, Dan Fouts, Fran Tarkenton and a couple dozen other QBs who are in the Hall .. It's always tricky to judge guys we didn't see play.. but for the guys I did see play I try to stay away from evaluating them in a vacuum.. I mean who here thinks Eli Manning is better than Steve Young, Aaron Rodgers or Kurt Warner cause he won two Super Bowls and they only won one?

phildadon86

Reaction score
Well said.. as Michael Irvin always says: Don't talk to me about me where a man is when he arrives.. talk to me how far he has had to come. When he came into the league Dak had waaaaay further to go as an NFL passer than most guys who end up being elite NFL QBs. His college offense was equally likely to ask him to run it as throw it. His mechanics were spotty at best and he probably had never been asked to really read the defense other than to decide whether to throw it to the first read or run with it. This season has really been a continuation of what we saw from him last year.. san the turnovers. Dak's improvement in the last 5 years is a testament not only to his work ethic but also his mental acuity. Since he was able to graduate with two degrees and already has his masters in psych he's clearly an intelligent young man. But many is the intelligent young man who has been unable to solve NFL football. Kudos to him for that.. with a nod to Kellen Moore and Doug Nussmeier.
Dak Prescott in his rookie year turned down an opportunity to go to a Kanye concert to stay in the hotel and watch film and study the playbook. After a win. I knew then that his work ethic was beyond reproach. Kid is a stud and anyone who still diminishes him is only doing so because they are either still mad about Romo, or can’t admit they were wrong. Or both.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
Back to back stinkers by Stafford (is he remembering who he really is now?) and a major stinker by Wilson places Dak at the top of the mountain for at least this week. Since the KC defense stinks I don't see any reason for him to fall off that perch at least for one more.. He struggled a little the last time he faced the Raiders but that was on the road so he should light into them too at home and on Thanksgiving. Dude might take home the passing title along with his comeback player of the year trophy and Super Bowl MVP!! ;-)
I like your enthusiasm. I was on the fence about Dak's big contract, but he is worth it. He has earned big respect from his Cowboy teammates and is an excellent leader for them.