I guess Cowboys loss isn’t so bad now?

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
No they did not lose to the better team. Dallas is better than 49ers. Given the weapons we had, we still should have beaten the 49ers no matter what. Garappolo eas nothing more than an average QB tonight but they still could advance thanks to their offensive line and creative running game.

We got to understand that. Our offensive line and running are the problem and this team goes nowhere as long as they are not solved.
I agree our OL and our running game need to be better...but be clear...we lost to the better team. If we played the 49ers 10 times on a neutral field....we would lose 7 times. Better team is more than just players...it is coaching as well. And Shannahan is LIGHT years better at coaching than MM/Kellen Moore.

This is there 2nd NFC title game appearance in the last 3 years. We have not been to one in 27 years. What on earth makes you think we are better than them?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
yep, because nobody cares or remembers who finished 2nd, or 4th.
So all of our history from Landry era with 20 consecutive winning seasons. 12 conference championships , most playoff wins and 5 Super Bowls was all meaningless except 2 SB wins ?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
they are talented, they just are not utilized in the right ways.
in that last game mike decided ? that parsons should play lb more than rush qb.

That is not smart in a win or go home game.

I also think parsons had a concussion in that game , and was allowed to keep playing.

also I am referring to off talent mainly and that doesnt include zeke
Maybe we aren’t as talented in key areas as the opponents which beat us.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The 49ers have had more quality wins in the last 3 weeks than the Cowboys have had in the last 2-3 years
They just set a NFL record in their 17th conference championship appearance passing the Cowboys 16.

49ers have been to 5 since 2011.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
So all of our history from Landry era with 20 consecutive winning seasons. 12 conference championships , most playoff wins and 5 Super Bowls was all meaningless except 2 SB wins ?
its only good because of what you just did.... hey, 20 straight winning seasons, we were in 5 super bowls... blah blah blah.

Its great, because as a fan, its better to be winning than losing. But ultimately, nobody cares, historically about the team that finished 2nd. The 18-0 Pats lost/// had they won, they would have been regarded as the sungle greatest team in the history of the NFL. They arent even mentioned as an all time great.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
its only good because of what you just did.... hey, 20 straight winning seasons, we were in 5 super bowls... blah blah blah.

Its great, because as a fan, its better to be winning than losing. But ultimately, nobody cares, historically about the team that finished 2nd. The 18-0 Pats lost/// had they won, they would have been regarded as the sungle greatest team in the history of the NFL. They arent even mentioned as an all time great.
You may believe no one cares. And I’d argue the historical context is important to most. At least those who I’d be interested in interacting with. Not the more casual uneducated and or uninformed fan.

And the bigger argument in your example is the Patriots are considered one of the all time greats. And for the purist fans they recognize the 18-1 season as one of if not the greatest regular season .

Much like most fans who are a student of NFL history acknowledge the Dolphins repeat Super Bowl team was better than the one which went undefeated.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Entering the playoffs I thought Philly was the only team in the NFC that we were better than.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The loss is just as bad if not worse after watching some of the great QB play especially last nights incredible dual between Mahomes and Josh Allen. It’s made Dak’s performance in the playoffs look even worse. Watching Joe Burrow go further in the playoffs than Dak in only his second season has added to the frustration. This past weekend hasn’t made many feel any better about the loss to San Francisco.

BigD_95

Reaction score
Now that we apparently lost to a better team in playoffs.

Packers loss today should secure McCarthys job and shed some light on our season this year.

Turns out we were probably closer to 6th best team in NFC and over achieved with 3 seed. Good job!

How? I think its worse cause I do not think GB was that good. We should be in the NFC championship game

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
How? I think its worse cause I do not think GB was that good. We should be in the NFC championship game

The Cowboys weren’t even close to being good enough to be in the NFC championship game. The 49ers beat us a lot worse than the score and no way do we beat Rodgers at Lambeau in 0 degree weather. We would’ve been lucky to score one TD in that weather.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't see it that way. Regardless of how the playoffs play out does not take away any disappointment of how this team played vs the 49ers. This team made way too many mistakes in the game to give themselves a legit chance of winning.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
How? I think its worse cause I do not think GB was that good.

The weather conditions kept the score down which played into the 49ers favor. The cold weather neutralized Rodgers who put the ball up 29 times. The blocked punt is what beat Green Bay.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The weather conditions kept the score down which played into the 49ers favor. The cold weather neutralized Rodgers. The blocked punt is what beat Green Bay.

Next time GB should try not to get #1 seed and HFA since we all know what the weather conditions are in Green Bay this time of the year. Fact that a west coast team went in there and beat them does not show much HFA

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Next time GB should try not to get #1 seed and HFA since we all know what the weather conditions are in Green Bay this time of the year. Fact that a west coast team went in there and beat them does not show much HFA

Playing for a higher seed can work against you. It certainly worked against the Cowboys they would’ve been better off staying at the fourth seed.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The 49ers have had more quality wins in the last 3 weeks than the Cowboys have had in the last 2-3 years

The best game the Cowboys played all season they ended up losing to Tampa.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Playing for a higher seed can work against you. It certainly worked against the Cowboys they would’ve been better off staying at the fourth seed.

I think had the Cowboys played this way against any playoff contender the outcome would have been the same. Many of the penalties were self inflicted, like encroachment and the defensive holding. Even on offense, we just committed to many and in my view in post season you can't make those types of mistakes and expect to win vs any one in the playoffs.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

No no people keep telling me that in year 15 the January GB weather snuck up on Rodgers....every other year its what helps him though.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think had the Cowboys played this way against any playoff contender the outcome would have been the same. Many of the penalties were self inflicted, like encroachment and the defensive holding. Even on offense, we just committed to many and in my view in post season you can't make those types of mistakes and expect to win vs any one in the playoffs.
We played in this playoff game much like we played in second half of season with a couple exceptions to down-ridden division opponents.

The warning signs were all there. But the ones who bought into the hype earlier dismissed these signs.