I guess Cowboys loss isn’t so bad now?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Now that we apparently lost to a better team in playoffs.

Packers loss today should secure McCarthys job and shed some light on our season this year.

Turns out we were probably closer to 6th best team in NFC and over achieved with 3 seed. Good job!

Yes, and on a related note I see Dak's Cowboys put up 2 tds and 17 pts on SF, vs. Rodger's Packers with1 and 10, respectively. So I get your point, but for me that's not the issue.

The issue is that we were not the better team, yes I know I was spoiled by the Cowboys winning SB teams of the 70's and 90's, where the Cowboys were not only expected to win but clearly the best team going into the playoffs. But we are down to hoping we can somehow out play or out luck the other teams and manage to eke out a SB win...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
No no people keep telling me that in year 15 the January GB weather snuck up on Rodgers....every other year its what helps him though.

As I have said before if you can put pressure on the QB you can cause all kinds of problems, regardless of the QB. Rodgers was sacked 5 times in that game and hurried on several more plays and an int. 49ers took away the deep threats and forced GB to play small ball.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I think had the Cowboys played this way against any playoff contender the outcome would have been the same. Many of the penalties were self inflicted, like encroachment and the defensive holding. Even on offense, we just committed to many and in my view in post season you can't make those types of mistakes and expect to win vs any one in the playoffs.

Heading into the playoffs I didn’t think we could beat anyone but Philly. The writing was on the wall the entire second half of the season. The Cowboys had one and done written all over them.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
We played in this playoff game much like we played in second half of season with a couple exceptions to down-ridden division opponents.

The warning signs were all there. But the ones who bought into the hype earlier dismissed these signs.

I felt this team could win and the fact that they played as they did is very disappointing. It is not a matter of buying into anything for me, I see the talent on this team but also know that at times they can be their own worst enemy. To win in post season they would have to avoid that and they didn't.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Heading into the playoffs I didn’t think we could beat anyone but Philly. The writing was on the wall the entire second half of the season. The Cowboys had one and done written all over them.

I can't say I felt that way. I knew if they played sloppy and made mistakes that would cost them. I also knew they had the talent to play with anyone out there, our matchups with other top teams were never blowouts they are all close contest but again you make mistakes that kill big plays and or extend drives for the opposing teams it will bite you.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
It's probably already been posted, but we have a new Cowboys record!

11 straight playoff appearances without getting to the conference championship game. Not just a Cowboys record, but the All Time NFL record!

Way to go Jerry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:angry:

BigD_95

Reaction score
The Cowboys weren’t even close to being good enough to be in the NFC championship game. The 49ers beat us a lot worse than the score and no way do we beat Rodgers at Lambeau in 0 degree weather. We would’ve been lucky to score one TD in that weather.

maybe you misunderstood my post - we have more talent than GB and san fran. We should of been the better team. But MM & Moore are in way over their heads

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I can't say I felt that way. I knew if they played sloppy and made mistakes that would cost them. I also knew they had the talent to play with anyone out there, our matchups with other top teams were never blowouts they are all close contest but again you make mistakes that kill big plays and or extend drives for the opposing teams it will bite you.

The Cowboys always have the talent to play with anyone but the talent continues to underachieve. We could never right the ship after the Denver game. Dak and the team were up and down. The penalties kept coming. I had zero faith we were going to advance in the playoffs. Beating up on Philly’s backups in week 18 didn’t sway my opinion. They ran the ball for almost 150 yards against our starters. I knew we were in big trouble against San Francisco. The hangover from the second half of this season could linger into next season.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
maybe you misunderstood my post - we have more talent than GB and san fran. We should of been the better team. But MM & Moore are in way over their heads

I think our talent is overrated. We look very talented on paper but it seldom translates on the field against good teams. The Cowboys are missing intangibles that many great teams have. The team isn’t well coached and it’s very undisciplined. I know Parcells used to say you are what your record says you are but I don’t think the Cowboys were ever as good as their record. We got fat on too many average/bad teams. We’re fortunate we play in a weak division.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I felt this team could win and the fact that they played as they did is very disappointing. It is not a matter of buying into anything for me, I see the talent on this team but also know that at times they can be their own worst enemy. To win in post season they would have to avoid that and they didn't.
I keep hearing our fans talk about our talent but rarely do I hear them talk about our opponents talent. Is it possible we had a good team simply beat by better teams and talent at key positions which strengths exposed our weaknesses.

BigD_95

Reaction score
I keep hearing our fans talk about our talent but rarely do I hear them talk about our opponents talent. Is it possible we had a good team simply beat by better teams and talent at key positions which strengths exposed our weaknesses.

no we were out coached and yeah Dak played pretty bad

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
As I have said before if you can put pressure on the QB you can cause all kinds of problems, regardless of the QB. Rodgers was sacked 5 times in that game and hurried on several more plays and an int. 49ers took away the deep threats and forced GB to play small ball.

Correct people wont give them credit but that defense played oustanding in both playoff games.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

I respect the talent around the NFL and for those team who made the post season after a 17 game schedule they showed they belonged in post season. I think 49er are a good team with their own weakness but like any game you have to step up and be able to exploit those weakness. Neither Dallas nor GB could do that, put the 49ers in a hole early on and force them to play outside their comfort zone.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Correct people wont give them credit but that defense played oustanding in both playoff games.

That is their bread and butter, they can get pressure without sending blitz which then allows them to keep more guys back in the secondary and at LB. They do a good job of not allowing much yards after catch. They are a bit weak in the secondary if you can hold up at the line of scrimmage to exploit it.

JayFord

Reaction score
Nah it was bad

the penalties were the reason if we dont have those penalties we probably win that game but you cant have 14 of them you just cant

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now that we apparently lost to a better team in playoffs.

Packers loss today should secure McCarthys job and shed some light on our season this year.

Turns out we were probably closer to 6th best team in NFC and over achieved with 3 seed. Good job!

What too many fans on here don't understand or refuse to accept is that we were a 12-5 paper tiger. Every good team we played this year exposed the soft underbelly that is the hallmark of all Jerry Jones lead teams. We were 12-5 only b/c we play in the worst division in the NFL. In the AFC West, we might finish last. We were 1-3 against that division. The 6 NFC EAST wins just don't mean much in the context of evaluating the team. The Giants, WFT, and at times Philly were a complete mess this year devoid of competent QB play or defense.

You have to look at how we played good teams outside the division, if you want to have a realistic assessment of the team. We were 1-5 against playoff bound teams outside our division. So, I'm baffled anyone thought we had a chance. Its mass delusion and I get into a lot of arguments on here trying to show people the light.

bonafidebanter

Reaction score
Even if the pro bowl team lost against Jimmy G. and his gold diggers, it wouldn't change a thing or put our loss in a different perspective. If you want a championship you gotta beat the best and Dak choked on every chance. Others did too, but his embarrassing show of incompetence just stood out, since he's the QB n all.

You're (not you personally) really trying to find excuses for them, aren't ya? It's amazing.

"Find excuses for them...." is only reserved for everyone else. Tampa had many players missing/hurt. Green Bay played in 12° with a wind chill of 0°. These are the excuses that I've heard on THIS BOARD alone!! Not Tampa's or Green Bay's. It's safe to say that "Fans" on this board make excuses for other teams' QB's but spew vitriol and blame for their own? It's crazy.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
What too many fans on here don't understand or refuse to accept is that we were a 12-5 paper tiger. Every good team we played this year exposed the soft underbelly that is the hallmark of all Jerry Jones lead teams. We were 12-5 only b/c we play in the worst division in the NFL. In the AFC West, we might finish last. We were 1-3 against that division. The 6 NFC EAST wins just don't mean much in the context of evaluating the team. The Giants, WFT, and at times Philly were a complete mess this year devoid of competent QB play or defense.

You have to look at how we played good teams outside the division, if you want to have a realistic assessment of the team. We were 1-5 against playoff bound teams outside our division. So, I'm baffled anyone thought we had a chance. Its mass delusion and I get into a lot of arguments on here trying to show people the light.

you feel your job is to show people the light? lol No thanks.