I guess Henson will be back after next week

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
The Answer said:
You can spin it anyway you like, but the fact of the matter is that the article contains no quotes from Jerry Jones or Bill Parcells...This is what The Answer was looking for plain and simple. I'm not interested in a sob story about Henson's myriad of athletic talent or his aspirations. He needs to step to the plate and get it done on the field, any other talk is cheap.

There's no need to resort to shenanigans and puerile name calling because you have failed to prove me wrong. There's no shame in losing to The Answer, but in order to get an upper hand you will need to ask the right questions in the future. Keep your chin high and you will live to fight another day.

~The Answer

so how come *i* must provide proof, many times and under various circumstnaces, yet you can just blither away useless conjecture...

...nevermind nors.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
The Answer said:
You can spin it anyway you like, but the fact of the matter is that the article contains no quotes from Jerry Jones or Bill Parcells...This is what The Answer was looking for plain and simple. I'm not interested in a sob story about Henson's myriad of athletic talent or his aspirations. He needs to step to the plate and get it done on the field, any other talk is cheap.

There's no need to resort to shenanigans and puerile name calling because you have failed to prove me wrong. There's no shame in losing to The Answer, but in order to get an upper hand you will need to ask the right questions in the future. Keep your chin high and you will live to fight another day.

~The Answer
Link
Updated: Jan. 14, 2006, 11:05 AM ET
Cowboys sending QB Henson to Eurpoe

By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

Drew Henson's already circuitous professional career is about to take another turn.
s6528.jpg
[SIZE=-2]Henson[/SIZE]

In an effort to accelerate the learning curve for Henson, and to provide him "live" action that might permit the young quarterback to at least challenge for the No. 2 spot on the depth chart, the Dallas Cowboys are sending the former University of Michigan standout to the NFL Europe League this spring.

Henson will report next month to the NFLEL's training camp in Tampa. The season for the NFL-subsidized springtime league begins in mid-March. It has not been determined yet for which team Henson will play.

The possibility of playing in Europe, where he will be able to get the snaps that he has not amassed in his first two NFL seasons, was broached to Henson by coach Bill Parcells late in the regular season. Henson responded well to the suggestion and has embraced the opportunity to hone his skills after not playing at all in a regular season game in 2005. He regards the stint abroad as a chance to solidify his vocation, not a European vacation.

There remains much uncertainty, and considerable debate even within the Dallas organization, about Henson's viability as an NFL quarterback. In '05, he dropped to No. 3 on the Dallas depth chart, behind starter Drew Bledsoe and former undrafted free agent Tony Romo. He mostly ran the "scout" team in practices and was the "emergency" No. 3 quarterback on game days.

But owner Jerry Jones still feels Henson, who turns 26 next month, has a future in the NFL, perhaps even as a starter. "What he needs to do," Jones said, "is play. And this will give him that chance."

Henson certainly has prototype size (6-feet-4, 233) and a strong enough arm, but at this point in his career, he needs to display progress or risk the chance of striking out in yet another athletic endeavor.

Despite projections that he might be the top quarterback prospect in the draft, Henson bypassed his final season of eligibility at Michigan to sign a lucrative baseball contract with the New York Yankees. But after three mediocre seasons, the Yankees ceased to see Henson as their third baseman of the future, and Henson forfeited $12 million remaining on his baseball deal to return to the gridiron.

He was chosen by the Houston Texans in the sixth round of the 2003 draft and then dealt to the Cowboys in 2004 for a third-round choice in the 2005 lottery. He signed an eight-year contract that guaranteed him $3.5 million and which can be voided after only four seasons if Henson reaches certain predetermined performance or playing time levels.

Henson played in seven games in 2004 and completed 10 of 18 passes for 78 yards, with one touchdown pass and one interception. His lone NFL start came in the Thanksgiving Day game in 2004, but Parcells replaced him at halftime.

Len Pasquarelli is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com

Here's something equally telling about how the organization feels.

Link

However, Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones said he doesn't expect the club to draft a quarterback this year.

rcaldw

Reaction score
The Answer said:

~The Answer

Nors, why don't you just go by your old name instead of this "answer" nonsense? Is it because you aren't supposed to be on here?

The Answer

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Link
Updated: Jan. 14, 2006, 11:05 AM ET
Cowboys sending QB Henson to Eurpoe

By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

Drew Henson's already circuitous professional career is about to take another turn.
s6528.jpg
[SIZE=-2]Henson[/SIZE]

In an effort to accelerate the learning curve for Henson, and to provide him "live" action that might permit the young quarterback to at least challenge for the No. 2 spot on the depth chart, the Dallas Cowboys are sending the former University of Michigan standout to the NFL Europe League this spring.

Henson will report next month to the NFLEL's training camp in Tampa. The season for the NFL-subsidized springtime league begins in mid-March. It has not been determined yet for which team Henson will play.

The possibility of playing in Europe, where he will be able to get the snaps that he has not amassed in his first two NFL seasons, was broached to Henson by coach Bill Parcells late in the regular season. Henson responded well to the suggestion and has embraced the opportunity to hone his skills after not playing at all in a regular season game in 2005. He regards the stint abroad as a chance to solidify his vocation, not a European vacation.

There remains much uncertainty, and considerable debate even within the Dallas organization, about Henson's viability as an NFL quarterback. In '05, he dropped to No. 3 on the Dallas depth chart, behind starter Drew Bledsoe and former undrafted free agent Tony Romo. He mostly ran the "scout" team in practices and was the "emergency" No. 3 quarterback on game days.

But owner Jerry Jones still feels Henson, who turns 26 next month, has a future in the NFL, perhaps even as a starter. "What he needs to do," Jones said, "is play. And this will give him that chance."

Henson certainly has prototype size (6-feet-4, 233) and a strong enough arm, but at this point in his career, he needs to display progress or risk the chance of striking out in yet another athletic endeavor.

Despite projections that he might be the top quarterback prospect in the draft, Henson bypassed his final season of eligibility at Michigan to sign a lucrative baseball contract with the New York Yankees. But after three mediocre seasons, the Yankees ceased to see Henson as their third baseman of the future, and Henson forfeited $12 million remaining on his baseball deal to return to the gridiron.

He was chosen by the Houston Texans in the sixth round of the 2003 draft and then dealt to the Cowboys in 2004 for a third-round choice in the 2005 lottery. He signed an eight-year contract that guaranteed him $3.5 million and which can be voided after only four seasons if Henson reaches certain predetermined performance or playing time levels.

Henson played in seven games in 2004 and completed 10 of 18 passes for 78 yards, with one touchdown pass and one interception. His lone NFL start came in the Thanksgiving Day game in 2004, but Parcells replaced him at halftime.

Len Pasquarelli is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com

Here's something equally telling about how the organization feels.

Link

However, Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones said he doesn't expect the club to draft a quarterback this year.

Nice article, but this still isn't THE ANSWER that I'm looking for. In the part you bolded Jerry Jones says "What he needs to do is play. And this will give him the chance". Yet the writer of the article (Len Pasquerelli) translates this into "Jerry Jones thinks Henson still has a future in the NFL, perhaps as a starter." Funny but I didn't see him (jones) quoted as saying that, those are the writers words.

I think the following part summerizes the entire Henson project pefectly:

"In an effort to accelerate the learning curve for Henson, and to provide him "live" action that might permit the young quarterback to at least challenge for the No. 2 spot on the depth chart."

The key word is MIGHT. Henson MIGHT have a chance to at least challenging for the back up spot that Romo has a firm grasp on.

Here's a key paragraph that preceded the one you bolded:

"There remains much uncertainty, and considerable debate even within the Dallas organization, about Henson's viability as an NFL quarterback. In '05, he dropped to No. 3 on the Dallas depth chart, behind starter Drew Bledsoe and former undrafted free agent Tony Romo. He mostly ran the "scout" team in practices and was the "emergency" No. 3 quarterback on game days."

Even though there are no direct quotes from Jones or Parcells this is better evidence against the people that insist Henson is being backed 100% by the front office.

And yet here's another section of this article you failed to point out:

"Henson certainly has prototype size (6-feet-4, 233) and a strong enough arm, but at this point in his career, he needs to display progress or risk the chance of striking out in yet another athletic endeavor.

"Despite projections that he might be the top quarterback prospect in the draft, Henson bypassed his final season of eligibility at Michigan to sign a lucrative baseball contract with the New York Yankees. But after three mediocre seasons, the Yankees ceased to see Henson as their third baseman of the future, and Henson forfeited $12 million remaining on his baseball deal to return to the gridiron."

He was a bust for the Yankees, so looks like Plan A didn't work out so well. And this part of the article is basically telling it like it is: Henson is in danger of busting in the NFL, which was plan B.

Another valiant attempt to prove The Answer's theories wrong, but like that iceberg character you failed....Next contestant please.

~The Answer

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
like i said - a waste of time to try cause he already showed he won't give the respect he's damn sure wanting.

superpunk

Reaction score
The Answer said:
The Answer is perplexed with the incessant Henson praise he's observed on this board so far. And it seems this board has a collective agenda as opposed to some of the regulars on theranchreport.com. Henson seems like a good kid, but I question his football ability after watching him closely the last few seasons in training camp and European league. I think the expectations are high because we spent a 3rd rounder on him. But whether 3rd, 1st, or 7th round....there's always going to be players that bust, and right now unfortunately Henson appears headed that direction.

Why are we so worried about this kid anyway when we already have our starting QB for at least the next 2-3 years? Bledsoe has showed no signs of slowing down and as long as he stays healthy I imagine he will be a productive leader for this football team. And IF Henson is THE ANSWER, he won't be starting until at least 2008, which would make him what 28, 29?

If anything I'm more excited about Romo than Henson. I had a chance to go to Oxnard last summer and this kid blew me away compared to Henson. He was very savvy in the pocket and his deep ball was better than advertised. I look forward to watching him again this summer when I make a visit to Oxnard again.

Best case scenario is Henson and Romo battle it out intensely and look great this summer. Either way I'm not too concerned about the future of the QB position at the moment considering we have a good one leading this team right now. But here's hoping that both Romo and Henson up their game!

~The Answer

Superpunk is perplexed by people who talk in the third person.

superpunk

Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
The Answer does not know the rules for sending players to NFL Europe. The Answer should do some research, so The Answer knows what The Answer is talking about.

:laugh1: :laugh2: :laugh1: :bow: :bow:

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
The Answer said:
There's no need to resort to shenanigans

"The next person that says shenanigans again, I'm going to shoot?"

"Hey what was the restaurant you liked so much?"

"You mean Shenanigans?"

lol, ok somebody tell me the movie. Hopefully I'm not the only person that has seen this movie

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
cowboyeric8 said:

"You mean Shenanigans?"

lol, ok somebody tell me the movie. Hopefully I'm not the only person that has seen this movie

That was "waiting" right?

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
The Answer said:
Does Drew Henson go by the aliases Jerry Jones or Bill Parcells? I think not. Therefore I could care less what he's feeding the media or fans.

What you provided me was speculation and self promotion from Henson, not THE ANSWER that I was seeking.

A wise old man once told me: "To every bird, his own nest is beautiful"....something for you to think about in regards to this Henson fellow.

~The Answer

What no third person...??

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
cowboyeric8 said:

"You mean Shenanigans?"

"Yeah, but our shenanigans are cheeky and fun... His shenanigans are cruel and tragic"

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
All this man love for one player, following him from one team to another is quite disturbing....:confused: