I guess Henson will be back after next week

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
on8thdayGodcreatedBledsoe said:
Oh, I was wondering why Parcells yanked him on Thanksgiving a couple of years ago and put Vinny back in. Now I understand -- It's because Parcells is Henson's #1 fan.:confused:
What does that have to do with anything discussed in this entire thread?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Honestly, I am not familiar with Nors. Bledsoe4MVP I do know and sorely miss. Anybody ever heard of a guy name bigneil? Now there is a true Drewpie if ever there was one.
BigNeil was banned here twice for trolling.

I offered to buy a domain for the drewpies and anti-drewpies so they didn't feel the need to polute this forum.

The Answer

Benched
Reaction score
The Answer is perplexed with the incessant Henson praise he's observed on this board so far. And it seems this board has a collective agenda as opposed to some of the regulars on theranchreport.com. Henson seems like a good kid, but I question his football ability after watching him closely the last few seasons in training camp and European league. I think the expectations are high because we spent a 3rd rounder on him. But whether 3rd, 1st, or 7th round....there's always going to be players that bust, and right now unfortunately Henson appears headed that direction.

Why are we so worried about this kid anyway when we already have our starting QB for at least the next 2-3 years? Bledsoe has showed no signs of slowing down and as long as he stays healthy I imagine he will be a productive leader for this football team. And IF Henson is THE ANSWER, he won't be starting until at least 2008, which would make him what 28, 29?

If anything I'm more excited about Romo than Henson. I had a chance to go to Oxnard last summer and this kid blew me away compared to Henson. He was very savvy in the pocket and his deep ball was better than advertised. I look forward to watching him again this summer when I make a visit to Oxnard again.

Best case scenario is Henson and Romo battle it out intensely and look great this summer. Either way I'm not too concerned about the future of the QB position at the moment considering we have a good one leading this team right now. But here's hoping that both Romo and Henson up their game!

~The Answer

Reaction score
Hostile said:
BigNeil was banned here twice for trolling.

I offered to buy a domain for the drewpies and anti-drewpies so they didn't feel the need to polute this forum.

When I first signed up here I thought I saw bigneil trolling around. He was banned ages ago from the Bills boards.

Reaction score
The Answer said:
I think the expectations are high because we spent a 3rd rounder on him. But whether 3rd, 1st, or 7th round....there's always going to be players that bust, and right now unfortunately Henson appears headed that direction.
~The Answer

That's it? A third rounder and people act like he's the annointed one?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

a FA acquisition 2 teams didnt want you annoint him a miracle of God?

Reaction score
iceberg said:

Alright, you've got a point there, but did Buffalo do a good thing by releasing him?? Of course not. In fact, that move may well go down as the second biggest mistake ever made by a GM in the history of professional sports. The Red Sox selling Babe Ruth to the Yankees to finance a bad musical would still be the biggest mistake. This move by Tom Donahoe -- which cost him his job -- will forever be know as the origin of "The Curse of the Bledstudsoe".

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Alright, you've got a point there, but did Buffalo do a good thing by releasing him?? Of course not. In fact, that move may well go down as the second biggest mistake ever made by a GM in the history of professional sports. The Red Sox selling Babe Ruth to the Yankees to finance a bad musical would still be the biggest mistake. This move by Tom Donahoe -- which cost him his job -- will forever be know as the origin of "The Curse of the Bledstudsoe".

sigh - guess the previous bannings didn't sink in...

The Answer

Benched
Reaction score

I think he was originally a 6th round pick by Houston in 2003, then I believe we picked him up for a 3rd the following year after Henson failed in the Major Leagues within the New York Yankee's farm system and decided to abandon baseball which was his first passion coming out of Michigan.

Don't get me wrong, it would be great if he at least develops into a reliable back up, but at this point I don't believe he's THE ANSWER for this franchise. And there's going to be a lot of dissappointed fans on this board when he's once again the #3 QB on the depths charts this fall.

I think the bigger question is that if both Romo and/or Henson fail to impress this summer, do we make a move for a veteran QB to back up Bledsoe since it seems we are putting all our eggs into the basket for a title run this fall? Bledsoe is a very durable guy, but he is a year older and it could be a disaster if he were to get hurt and miss significant action. Doubt that happens though.

~The Answer

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Seems like Bledsoe4mvp and Nors have many clones on this board. They continously re-emerge with different Nicks..

The Answer

Benched
Reaction score
iceberg said:

The Answer thinks this is an unfair assessment. Tom Brady is the best QB in the NFL, and I'm sure every Cowboy fan would take him over Bledsoe if we had the chance. So if he's the #1 qb in the league, what does that say about the $100+ million man that was released in favor of him?

I've have been a hardcore NFL fan for quite some time and I might not be a GM, but I'm pretty sure that most franchises would not keep a player of Bledsoe's calibur (and price) on the roster as a back up when they had a kid fresh out of college step in and win a superbowl his first year as a starter.

Do you think that Manning would still be the QB of the colts if he got hurt and a young QB stepped in and won it all?

What about McNabb? He would be ran out of philly very fast if a similar situation were to occur.

The NFL, just like every other professional sports league is all about 'what have you done for me lately'.

Sometimes you get rid of a player because they are no longer producing due to age (i.e Emmitt and Larry Allen) and sometimes you get rid of a player because he's 'expendable'. And there's no question that Bledsoe was expendable in New England after Brady's metoric rise to the top. As for Buffalo, I believe they had 5 wins last season, their rookie QB looked horrible, and their GM and coach were ultimately ran out of town....so was cutting Bledsoe THE ANSWER....I think not.

Bledsoe isn't the best QB to ever play the game or even some sort of higher deity like some profess either (although if he leads us to another title I might by a bobblehead and worship it regulary as well). The fact of the matter is Bledsoe is a rock solid starting QB, and still among the top 10 in this league even for his age.

~The Answer

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
The Answer said:
The Answer thinks this is an unfair assessment. Tom Brady is the best QB in the NFL, and I'm sure every Cowboy fan would take him over Bledsoe if we had the chance. So if he's the #1 qb in the league, what does that say about the $100+ million man that was released in favor of him?

I've have been a hardcore NFL fan for quite some time and I might not be a GM, but I'm pretty sure that most franchises would not keep a player of Bledsoe's calibur (and price) on the roster as a back up when they had a kid fresh out of college step in and win a superbowl his first year as a starter.

Do you think that Manning would still be the QB of the colts if he got hurt and a young QB stepped in and won it all?

What about McNabb? He would be ran out of philly very fast if a similar situation were to occur.

The NFL, just like every other professional sports league is all about 'what have you done for me lately'.

Sometimes you get rid of a player because they are no longer producing due to age (i.e Emmitt and Larry Allen) and sometimes you get rid of a player because he's 'expendable'. And there's no question that Bledsoe was expendable in New England after Brady's metoric rise to the top. As for Buffalo, I believe they had 5 wins last season, their rookie QB looked horrible, and their GM and coach were ultimately ran out of town....so was cutting Bledsoe THE ANSWER....I think not.

Bledsoe isn't the best QB to ever play the game or even some sort of higher deity like some profess either (although if he leads us to another title I might by a bobblehead and worship it regulary as well). The fact of the matter is Bledsoe is a rock solid starting QB, and still among the top 10 in this league even for his age.

~The Answer

nors - it was SO DAMN NICE when you and all your alter-ego's were gone. but when you're now back shoving bledsoe down everyones throat - it's just idiocy in motion dude. those actions make a lot of otherwise apathetic people suddenly hate bledsoe simple due to your "worship" of him.

with any luck the mods will compare ip's and we'll not get into that garbage all over again.

The Answer

Benched
Reaction score
iceberg said:
nors - it was SO DAMN NICE when you and all your alter-ego's were gone. but when you're now back shoving bledsoe down everyones throat - it's just idiocy in motion dude. those actions make a lot of otherwise apathetic people suddenly hate bledsoe simple due to your "worship" of him.

with any luck the mods will compare ip's and we'll not get into that garbage all over again.

1) The Answer has never posted on this board before, only the ranchreport.com. So I'm lost with what your talking about.

2) If you don't like Bledsoe that's fine, you are entitled to your own opinion and I respect that.

3) I don't worship Bledsoe, but I do believe he's the best thing this franchise has seen since Aikman in his prime and I do believe he is THE ANSWER in leading this team to a record 6th world title.

~The Answer

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
iceberg said:
it's a terrible reminder of bad seinfeld..."jimmy" was it???

Jerry: "Did you notice he always refer to himself in the third person? 'Jimmy can dunk.' 'Jimmy's new in town.' 'Jimmy will see you later.' "

Elaine: "No, no, that's not him. That's the guy who gave me Jimmy's number."

Jerry: "That's Jimmy."

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
iceberg said:
it's a terrible reminder of bad seinfeld..."jimmy" was it???

jimmy10.JPG

Watch Jimmy dribble the basketball.

Watch Jimmy's moves.

Auuuggghh.

Jimmy's hurt.