I guess there’s no QB controversy in Dallas?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I know all of the critics and trolls against Prescott were hoping a big performance by Rush would create this narrative to bench Prescott once he became healthy again .

While we are appreciative of Rush’s admirable performance in our starting QB’s absence keeping this season alive it would be more than a stretch to argue benching our starting QB for Cooper Rush.

That ship sailed last night. The clock struck midnight and there was no silver slipper . The Cinderella story came to an end .

Great job Cooper and welcome back Dak. True Cowboys are fans of both.

Aven8

Reaction score
He saved our butts and it was fun. We now know the season isn’t over if Dak goes down again which is becoming a real possibility now.

Having said that, Dak is more dynamic and hopefully he’s more dual threat. I’m running the same O with him at the helm, but I’m mixing in those RPO’s from his rookie year.

leeblair

Reaction score
I know all of the critics and trolls against Prescott were hoping a big performance by Rush would create this narrative to bench Prescott once he became healthy again .

While we are appreciative of Rush’s admirable performance in our starting QB’s absence keeping this season alive it would be more than a stretch to argue benching our starting QB for Cooper Rush.

That ship sailed last night. The clock struck midnight and there was no silver slipper . The Cinderella story came to an end .

I know all of the Dak fans were hoping Rush would fail so they could claim victory, but after reassessing the game , two of Rush’s three interceptions were because of the receivers. Bot passes were accurate, and both times the receivers gave position to the defenders rather than make the catch.
There's no controversey- Rush is better.
Dallas sold the farm to pay an overpriced joke as quarterback, and cant afford good receivers.
That's just as well; Dak can't hit them anyway.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
He saved our butts and it was fun. We now know the season isn’t over if Dak goes down again which is becoming a real possibility now.

Having said that, Dak is more dynamic and hopefully he’s more dual threat. I’m running the same O with him at the helm, but I’m mixing in those RPO’s from his rookie year.

The most rushing attempts Dak ever had was 75 in 2018 and the most rushing yards was 357 in 2017.....from 2020-2022 (22 games) Dak has 66 rushes for 250 yards (3.79 ypr).....by way of comparison Aaron Rodgers (never known as a dual threat QB) from 2020-2022 has 80 rushing attempts for 259 yards (3.24 ypr).......so where is this "dual threat" you speak of because Dak is not a dual threat QB.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I know all of the Dak fans were hoping Rush would fail so they could claim victory, but after reassessing the game , two of Rush’s three interceptions were because of the receivers. Bot passes were accurate, and both times the receivers gave position to the defenders rather than make the catch.
Dallas sold the farm to pay an overpriced joke as quarterback, and cant afford good receivers.

That is far from the truth. I wanted nothing more than for Dallas to win last night and for Rush to have a good game. Cowboys winning is what matters. Rush did not have a good night and yet I don't put it all on him, there were many things in the game that this team could have done better. Funny what you accuse others of doing seem you are doing it as well with Dak.

leeblair

Reaction score
That is far from the truth. I wanted nothing more than for Dallas to win last night and for Rush to have a good game. Cowboys winning is what matters. Rush did not have a good night and yet I don't put it all on him, there were many things in the game that this team could have done better. Funny what you accuse others of doing seem you are doing it as well with Dak.
I have six years of games that show clearly how bad Dak is.
We have six games on Rush. In those six games Rush is more accurate, more of a leader, and he beat better teams.
If you want to go back to Dak, you'll have your chance. But he is nowhere near Rush’s caliber.

cmoney23

Reaction score

Great post.

I'm so happy for what this TEAM did in Dak's absence and I hope that they stick to some of it with Dak back. But he is going to be back this week and we are going to get rolling.

Think about how good this defense could be with a little bit of a lead!! Pin their ears back!

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As good a place as any to remind everyone that there never was a QB controversy except among the most delusional members of the fan base.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I have six years of games that show clearly how bad Dak is.
We have six games on Rush. In those six games Rush is more accurate, more of a leader, and he beat better teams.
If you want to go back to Dak, you'll have your chance. But he is nowhere near Rush’s caliber.

Yes and any person covering the NFL knows Dak is the better QB, So yes I want to go back to our #1 QB, you are right he in no where near Rush he is many time better than. Offense at one point was a weapon who could put up points this offense has not done **** with Rush behind center. Go get a clue.

12+88=7

Reaction score
It's funny how the Prescott supports are breathing easier today.

If Dallas had somehow pulled out that game last night, their worst nightmare would be coming true today.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yea , I figured this thread would attract the Dak Trolls . It’s so obvious and easy to expose the trolls . They can’t help themselves . Lol