I guess there’s no QB controversy in Dallas?

Aven8

Reaction score
Yes it is, no doubt. But as I said the tape is out and now teams know how to defend him. It’s been proven over the last three games.

Oh I get it. I’m just glad he kept it afloat. I was thinking we would lose 5 games in a row. Hopefully Dak is pre calf injury Dak and light this thing up. The good thing is he doesn’t have to play like he’s in bubble wrap anymore. We know we have a capable backup now. Lay it on the line.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I know all of the critics and trolls against Prescott were hoping a big performance by Rush would create this narrative to bench Prescott once he became healthy again .

While we are appreciative of Rush’s admirable performance in our starting QB’s absence keeping this season alive it would be more than a stretch to argue benching our starting QB for Cooper Rush.

That ship sailed last night. The clock struck midnight and there was no silver slipper . The Cinderella story came to an end .

Great job Cooper and welcome back Dak. True Cowboys are fans of both.

The only controversy was in media and part of the fan base. Stephen Jones and Mike McCarthy have made it clear all along that Dak is the starter, when healthy.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
I know all of the Dak fans were hoping Rush would fail so they could claim victory, but after reassessing the game , two of Rush’s three interceptions were because of the receivers. Bot passes were accurate, and both times the receivers gave position to the defenders rather than make the catch.
There's no controversey- Rush is better.
Dallas sold the farm to pay an overpriced joke as quarterback, and cant afford good receivers.
That's just as well; Dak can't hit them anyway.
Really. What game were you watching? Rush threw into triple coverage on the 1st interception. That right there negates your knowledge of what happened during the rest of the game. I'm not even going to get into the other picks because it was more of the same thing. Bad decisions by Rush all the way around. The defense rests or would I be the "offense rests" side?

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Seemingly celebrating Rush's poor performance to prove no QB controversy when Dak has yet to return and do anything seems like a stretch.

And your comment did the exact thing you just accused the poster you responded to of doing. But with a slight twist. The vitriol in your comment revealed a temper tantrum as people state what was always the truth. Which is there was never a QB controversy. That appears to have rubbed you the wrong way.

And as this board progresses toward the next game this week, there will be people who have assailed Dak posting similar strawman arguments to defend Rush, borne from their discontent at the fact their misplaced spite toward Dak would not be alleviated with Rush winning a job that was never up for contestation.

Rush can't put zip on the ball. He had two passes knocked down which could have both been pick six because of arm strength. Frankly, he threw late quite a lot in the first half. His interceptions gave the Eagles the ball in the Dallas side of the field twice. Which accounted for at least ten points and perhaps fourteen.

So many fans here were eating the cheese on Rush. Your disappointment as a Dak Detractor is evident. Lashing out at those who have benignly pointed out your misgivings on Rush reminds me of the kid that gets mad and takes his football home.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I know all of the critics and trolls against Prescott were hoping a big performance by Rush would create this narrative to bench Prescott once he became healthy again .

While we are appreciative of Rush’s admirable performance in our starting QB’s absence keeping this season alive it would be more than a stretch to argue benching our starting QB for Cooper Rush.

That ship sailed last night. The clock struck midnight and there was no silver slipper . The Cinderella story came to an end .

wait till Dak comes back and he still can’t throw.

His last two starts have been train wrecks.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
And your comment did the exact thing you just accused the poster you responded to of doing. But with a slight twist. The vitriol in your comment revealed a temper tantrum as people state what was always the truth. Which is there was never a QB controversy. That appears to have rubbed you the wrong way.

And as this board progresses toward the next game this week, there will be people who have assailed Dak posting similar strawman arguments to defend Rush, borne from their discontent at the fact their misplaced spite toward Dak would not be alleviated with Rush winning a job that was never up for contestation.

Rush can't put zip on the ball. He had two passes knocked down which could have both been pick six because of arm strength. Frankly, he threw late quite a lot in the first half. His interceptions gave the Eagles the ball in the Dallas side of the field twice. Which accounted for at least ten points and perhaps fourteen.

So many fans here were eating the cheese on Rush. Your disappointment as a Dak Detractor is evident. Lashing out at those who have benignly pointed out your misgivings on Rush reminds me of the kid that gets mad and takes his football home.

You are too emotionally invested in Dak and that is evident in your false claims.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Exactly........created by media and Dak critics. I'm willing to bet a red penny all Dak's teammates and coaches will say the same thing.

the problem with Dak…

he can’t throw. Broken thumbs don’t fix things.

that why he is still not playing.

Vandyr

Reaction score

Until we have a decent starting QB, there will always be a QB controversy in Dallas. Dak is mediocre, and after six years, I doubt that's going to change.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Actually there's true cowboy fans that just want a NFL quarterback.

conner01

Reaction score

There never was
Just a few fans who for some reason hate dak

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, well, we'll see.
lol.

"We" will see.

The important question is, "Will you ever see the quarterback situation is completely beyond your control and your extremely vocal, unyielding constant denial makes zero difference?"

Kumbaya

Reaction score

Wise words indeed. Dak won’t let you down either. I like him a lot.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
Yea, the more obvious exposure of this segments obsession with their criticism or trolling of Prescott is they actually would welcome such a controversy simply because it would support their narrative .

No one in our front office , coaching staff or roster has suggested there could be a controversy. I haven’t read anything from our beat writers or coverage in local media who cover the Cowboys daily .

No, this has all been driven by a very small segment of vocal fans who’s entire narrative on this subject is about attacking and discrediting Dak Prescott. And I’m not including some who just offer criticism. I think most of us can recognize the difference .

Jerry just said in an interview that he would welcome controversy is all.. So he's adding fuel to a fire. But I totally agree with you. As I've said numerous times, I am not (and never have been) on either side. I don't think either one is the answer to get us beyond one and done in the post season.