I guess there’s no QB controversy in Dallas?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've seen him do it. Not making a case for Rush, just pointing out Dak ain't no great QB either.
Dak's got one chance here to prove he's capable. Cooper showed him even a scrub can win BIG games with this team.

Dak got a huge timeout reset. Let's see what he can do. He doesn't HAVE to be a super star. Just run the bus with a few Dukes Of Hazzard leaps every now and then.

foofighters

Reaction score
I know all of the critics and trolls against Prescott were hoping a big performance by Rush would create this narrative to bench Prescott once he became healthy again .

While we are appreciative of Rush’s admirable performance in our starting QB’s absence keeping this season alive it would be more than a stretch to argue benching our starting QB for Cooper Rush.

That ship sailed last night. The clock struck midnight and there was no silver slipper . The Cinderella story came to an end .

Great job Cooper and welcome back Dak. True Cowboys are fans of both.
I love the narrative here. ...Critics AND trolls...

Heaven forbid that I say that Dak needs to work on a few things to help get better and improve the team overall and yes, I will cheer on Dak when he takes the field. I had a great time in KC yesterday. We were there at 10:30 and tailgated until the start of the game. Of course I spoke to many KC fans who gave me grief about being a Cowboys fan. However, after we spoke for awhile, it was all good. The funny thing is, they all stated that they actually don't mind the Cowboys. They just hate our fans (and I can't say they are wrong). I am going to go to my first home Cowboys game next year. I am curious how the experience is going to compare to KC yesterday and Minny next month when the Cowboys show up. We can't get along. It's either blue or silver and no middle ground around here.

12+88=7

Reaction score
I don't think anyone was breathing hard to begin with. Rush has done a fine job - for a backup. It was always clear his arm wasn't strong enough to continue as a starter.

If you read the posts before the game this week the Rush supporters were rooting for a win this week to put pressure on management to keep Rush as the QB even if Prescott was healthy. They wanted the Romo scenario to repeat with Prescott on the other end this time.

I read enough to know who the Prescott supporters are and there was some trepidation in some of their post because they were also aware that a Dallas win would fuel the Rush narrative. They were aware of the scenario and it would have been the biggest repudiation of Prescott's status as starter.

Now that Dallas lost the pressure is off the Prescott supporters and they could breathe easier that their "world" is safe from scorn and ridicule from the anti Prescott crowd.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
If you read the posts before the game this week the Rush supporters were rooting for a win this week to put pressure on management to keep Rush as the QB even if Prescott was healthy. They wanted the Romo scenario to repeat with Prescott on the other end this time.

I read enough to know who the Prescott supporters are and there was some trepidation in some of their post because they were also aware that a Dallas win would fuel the Rush narrative. They were aware of the scenario and it would have been the biggest repudiation of Prescott's status as starter.

Now that Dallas lost the pressure is off the Prescott supporters and they could breathe easier that their "world" is safe from scorn and ridicule from the anti Prescott crowd.

Most Cowboys fans said the same thing, the Cowboys could win that game with Rush if we played mistake free football, no matter the outcome Dak is the better QB and needs to play once Healthy...there was never a QB controversy for anyone who knows football...Rush is what he is.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Heaven forbid that I say that Dak needs to work on a few things to help get better and improve the team overall and yes, I will cheer on Dak when he takes the field. I had a great time in KC yesterday. We were there at 10:30 and tailgated until the start of the game. Of course I spoke to many KC fans who gave me grief about being a Cowboys fan. However, after we spoke for awhile, it was all good. The funny thing is, they all stated that they actually don't mind the Cowboys. They just hate our fans (and I can't say they are wrong). I am going to go to my first home Cowboys game next year. I am curious how the experience is going to compare to KC yesterday and Minny next month when the Cowboys show up. We can't get along. It's either blue or silver and no middle ground around here.
It’s a great venue and fanbase in Chief Nation.

Our fans, at least the local diehard ones , are similar to others . The ones who are more unattractive are the casual fans who basically only support when we’re winning and expect us to win now with our championship history. Like Aikman called out, Dallas is a winners town . Although we did support the Cowboys before we ever won anything. And we still do despite the most dysfunctionally ran franchise in the league.

Dallas is a more white collar fanbase than many venues I’ve been to around the league. I was a season ticket holder over 4 decades at Texas Stadium and most of the Diehard season ticket holders didn’t make the trip over to Jethroworld.

It’s a who’s who for entertaining clients and business. Wine and cheese type crowd . And with the huge influx of people moving to Texas and DFW area for jobs and business climate they have brought their hometown fandom with them who often make quite a presence at the stadium with tens of thousands of opposing fans as local ticket holders stuck with PSL’s often broker out games to afford their investment and business use seats to entertain guest of opposing fans.

I’ve been to a couple Cowboy games there but it’s not the same atmosphere we had in Irving . It’s an awesome stadium. I’ve been to many more high school and college games there . I think you’ll enjoy it but it’s a different experience than Arrowhead for sure.

Last edited:

Trajan

Reaction score
The past 5 weeks demonstrated more that our play calling is a big piece of the problem, regardless of who the QB is.

When Moore calls the shotgun, which seems to be his favorite, we played worse. When Moore played a more “boring” play action pass scheme with a lot of runs, the whole team played better. Methodical drives, eating up the clock and letting the defense get some rest is really the scheme we should run.

I think Jerry loves the shootouts, and stats. I think Moore loves slinging the ball all over & showing his creativity. I think a change in the scheme to reflect that we are a solid defense would be appropriate, but I have zero doubt Moore will go all pass asap, with Jerry yelling at him to do so.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

There are always extreme people on any side of an issue, but rational people, whether Prescott supporters or not, knew Rush wasn't talented enough to start when Dak was healthy. The key is to avoid engaging with the more extreme people, which admittedly I'm not always good at doing.

Vandyr

Reaction score
Is that all on our QB or is there a deeper issue which has sustained this entire era for over a couple decades .

Despite not having one of the Elite QB’s , I think most would argue Romo and Prescott have for the most part over achieved from where they were drafted and uplifted a dormant to mediocre franchise this era .

Obviously it's not all on the QB. The problems start at the "GM" position and work their way down. As Dallas fans, we're all very aware of that. That being said, Dak still shows all of the problems that were highlighted on his scouting reports and has, if anything, regressed in a lot of areas. I don't dislike Dak, I just don't think he's a very good QB.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There are always extreme people on any side of an issue, but rational people, whether Prescott supporters or not, knew Rush wasn't talented enough to start when Dak was healthy. The key is to avoid engaging with the more extreme people, which admittedly I'm not always good at doing.
Don’t feel bad. Unfortunately the extremes all too often are fed by those who should be ignoring them which would discourage their presence. But it appears social media is a magnet for attracting such extreme dialogue which incites responses.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Obviously it's not all on the QB. The problems start at the "GM" position and work their way down. As Dallas fans, we're all very aware of that. That being said, Dak still shows all of the problems that were highlighted on his scouting reports and has, if anything, regressed in a lot of areas. I don't dislike Dak, I just don't think he's a very good QB.
Very good , compared to who. If we compare him to the Elites, he suks. But if we compare him to bottom half of starters he’s not bad.

I think most sound fans would place him more in the middle .

He’s been enough to be a playoff caliber QB with a strong offensive supporting cast. I’d be interested to see if he can be enough for more success if we had a more Elite defense. If not then time to move on.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

There's such a foolish idiotic notion that if you disagree with someone's assessment of Dak...why that of course MUST make you a troll. These guys have lost their mind so badly they don't remeber the original meaning of troll. They woked it into disagreement with them can only mean the other person can't be serious.

Very strange behavior.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Most Cowboys fans said the same thing, the Cowboys could win that game with Rush if we played mistake free football, no matter the outcome Dak is the better QB and needs to play once Healthy...there was never a QB controversy for anyone who knows football...Rush is what he is.
I hate that we are downplaying Cooper Rush just to keep him in his place.

So many experts here demanded we tank the season. If this team does anything this year...Cooper Rush should get Co -MVP with Micah.

No...I'm NOT KIDDING! :)

Yes...I know he didn't do anything particularly special....other than prove tons of people WRONG about being able to play B-U QB in the NFL. He deserves a lot of credit for that.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Only the disillusioned Dak haters pushed the controversy narrative. Same group that was licking their chops when Andy Dalton filled in for him.