I guess there’s no QB controversy in Dallas?

Jarntt

Reaction score
There never was to anyone that watches the games and doesn't have an agenda.

That being said, great job by Rush at getting us through the last month or so. He stepped up

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Seemingly celebrating Rush's poor performance to prove no QB controversy when Dak has yet to return and do anything seems like a stretch.
No, we are celebrating putting the pitiful Dak Trolls “ qb controversy” to rest.

jujoboys

Reaction score
I know all of the critics and trolls against Prescott were hoping a big performance by Rush would create this narrative to bench Prescott once he became healthy again .

While we are appreciative of Rush’s admirable performance in our starting QB’s absence keeping this season alive it would be more than a stretch to argue benching our starting QB for Cooper Rush.

That ship sailed last night. The clock struck midnight and there was no silver slipper . The Cinderella story came to an end .

Great job Cooper and welcome back Dak. True Cowboys are fans of both.

Anyone arguing that Rush should replace Dak as the starter knows very little about football. No doubt Dak is the starter when he is healthy and ready to go (hopefully this week). However, I am very pleased that Rush proved he can be the back up QB. Personally I thought Rush was complete garbage prior to the last 5 games and was mad we didn't have a better plan at back up QB. It was nice to see that he could drive the bus for a few games if Dak goes down.

The bigger thing is that I hope that Dak and Moore learned a little about what to do on offense when Dak returns. We need to stick with the running game and not bail on it in games. We don't need Dak slinging the rock around 50 times a game.

jgboys1

Reaction score
No controversy. They both aren't good enough.
Agree. Our QB position is probably our weakest link on this ream. Dak is Ok but he isn't a franchise QB, and with all the injuries he has gone through probably hasn't made him any better either. Hopefully he can do just enough to get us to where we want to go. I still say draft a QB with our #1 pick in next years draft.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yea , I figured this thread would attract the Dak Trolls . It’s so obvious and easy to troll the trolls . They can’t help themselves . Lol

It seems to me it is the troll are the ones who do not care about winning, it is all about getting rid of Dak. I'm a Cowboys fan and will be long after Dak is no longer in the league. I pull for the Cowboys be it Rush in the lineup or Dak. Last time I checked they are both member of this team, not combatants. It is the fans with these agendas pitting player vs player over the team. I have yet to hear any former HC or any players who have stated Rush has more talent than Dak, I hear it here all the time but people who actually understand this game none of them have claimed Rush is the better QB. When Rush is in the lineup I pull for this team and him to go out and produce same when Dak returns, difference is expectations are much greater when Dak is in the line up

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Anyone arguing that Rush should replace Dak as the starter knows very little about football. No doubt Dak is the starter when he is healthy and ready to go (hopefully this week). However, I am very pleased that Rush proved he can be the back up QB. Personally I thought Rush was complete garbage prior to the last 5 games and was mad we didn't have a better plan at back up QB. It was nice to see that he could drive the bus for a few games if Dak goes down.

The bigger thing is that I hope that Dak and Moore learned a little about what to do on offense when Dak returns. We need to stick with the running game and not bail on it in games. We don't need Dak slinging the rock around 50 times a game.
Yep. Well said!

And we certainly shouldn’t need Dak and our offense to carry the team as we had in previous seasons without this caliber of defense. But there will be games and opponents where more offensive production is needed.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
It's funny how the Prescott supports are breathing easier today.

If Dallas had somehow pulled out that game last night, their worst nightmare would be coming true today.

Not true, I would easily given your life for a Cowboys win last night. I don't care about what other fans do or the agenda they have, I'm a Cowboys fan plain and simple. worst nightmare was losing this game and if next week they say Rush will start I will pulling for him and this team to win. Not sure about Dak critics once he returns to the line up

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It seems to me it is the troll are the ones who do not care about winning, it is all about getting rid of Dak. I'm a Cowboys fan and will be long after Dak is no longer in the league. I pull for the Cowboys be it Rush in the lineup or Dak. Last time I checked they are both member of this team, not combatants. It is the fans with these agendas pitting player vs player over the team. I have yet to hear any former HC or any players who have stated Rush has more talent than Dak, I hear it here all the time but people who actually understand this game none of them have claimed Rush is the better QB. When Rush is in the lineup I pull for this team and him to go out and produce same when Dak returns, difference is expectations are much greater when Dak is in the line up
Not all are trolls. Some are legit frustrated critics albeit in some cases chronic critics which in itself can become troll like behavior if you’re constantly attacking and or ridiculing the mainstream discussion. Sometimes simply inciting a response is trolling while not actually being a troll.

Most Cowboy fans are more in the middle on Prescott but unfortunately the extremes on both sides constant verbal diatribes often dominate the airwaves.

Aven8

Reaction score
The most rushing attempts Dak ever had was 75 in 2018 and the most rushing yards was 357 in 2017.....from 2020-2022 (22 games) Dak has 66 rushes for 250 yards (3.79 ypr).....by way of comparison Aaron Rodgers (never known as a dual threat QB) from 2020-2022 has 80 rushing attempts for 259 yards (3.24 ypr).......so where is this "dual threat" you speak of because Dak is not a dual threat QB.

I’m talking about the threat. Dak isn’t fast enough to do much but the threat is what’s holds the D for a split second. It was taken away from him after his first couple of seasons and now that we know we have a capable backup take the reigns off him and let him play his game.

12+88=7

Reaction score
Not true, I would easily given your life for a Cowboys win last night. I don't care about what other fans do or the agenda they have, I'm a Cowboys fan plain and simple. worst nightmare was losing this game and if next week they say Rush will start I will pulling for him and this team to win. Not sure about Dak critics once he returns to the line up

I'm just reading through the threads and you can see the difference in the tone of the posts.

I started a thread after the Washington game that Rush had run his course. I thought the model that Dallas was winning games was not sustainable. You can't expect your defense to win every game. Dallas needed and still needs more offense to succeed in the long term. I believe Prescott can provide that lift.

I also root for whatever 53 constitutes Dallas. Others root for individual players over whats best for the team. I believe those are the posters that have come out in force today, but would not have if Dallas had won.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yea, the more obvious exposure of this segments obsession with their criticism or trolling of Prescott is they actually would welcome such a controversy simply because it would support their narrative .

No one in our front office , coaching staff or roster has suggested there could be a controversy. I haven’t read anything from our beat writers or coverage in local media who cover the Cowboys daily .

No, this has all been driven by a very small segment of vocal fans who’s entire narrative on this subject is about attacking and discrediting Dak Prescott. And I’m not including some who just offer criticism. I think most of us can recognize the difference .

Last edited:

Rodney308

Reaction score
I know all of the Dak fans were hoping Rush would fail so they could claim victory, but after reassessing the game , two of Rush’s three interceptions were because of the receivers. Bot passes were accurate, and both times the receivers gave position to the defenders rather than make the catch.
There's no controversey- Rush is better.
Dallas sold the farm to pay an overpriced joke as quarterback, and cant afford good receivers.
That's just as well; Dak can't hit them anyway.

Real fans were not hoping that Rush would fail, but Rush absolutely failed last night.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I know all of the critics and trolls against Prescott were hoping a big performance by Rush would create this narrative to bench Prescott once he became healthy again .

While we are appreciative of Rush’s admirable performance in our starting QB’s absence keeping this season alive it would be more than a stretch to argue benching our starting QB for Cooper Rush.

That ship sailed last night. The clock struck midnight and there was no silver slipper . The Cinderella story came to an end .

There never was a controversy except for Zoners and talking heads.

Bing

Reaction score

There never was a QB controversy. Neither QB is good enough to start for the Dallas Cowboys. It actually was kind of fun watching Rush play though just because it was something different to watch. Now we go back to the same old BS that we have been watching for years called the Dak Prescott experiment which has been a complete failure just like the numerous QB's before him.

Dak is what, the current 3rd longest tenure QB in the league (being on the same team). That my friends is the perfect definition of insane....a team doing the same thing year in year out but expecting different results.

Now we get to watch Dak for another two years before he is kicked to the curb and we bring in another low round or non drafted QB expecting him to be the next savior to take the team to the promise land. Nothing more then rinse and repeat.

I'm sure glad I'm an old fart and was able to watch Dallas back in the day when they actually had great QB's. I guess looking back anyone pretty much under the age of 35-40 dosen't even know what it's like for the Cowboys to have a great QB.......

Last edited:

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
We now know the season isn’t over if Dak goes down again

Wait what? You haven’t seen the last three games? The film is out in Rush and teams have adjusted to his lack of arm strength. We are done if Dak goes down! And please note I AM NOT a Dak apologist! Check my threads. I just a realist!

kskboys

Reaction score

There never was.

Aven8

Reaction score
Wait what? You haven’t seen the last three games? The film is out in Rush and teams have adjusted to his lack of arm strength. We are done if Dak goes down! And please note I AM NOT a Dak apologist! Check my threads. I just a realist!

5 wins in two years is pretty strong. How’s Andy Dalton doing? How’s Skyler Moore and Bridgewater doing?

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
5 wins in two years his pretty strong. How’s Andy Dalton doing? How’s Skyler Moore and Bridgewater doing?

Yes it is, no doubt. But as I said the tape is out and now teams know how to defend him. It’s been proven over the last three games. He has done a good job for us but in the NFL, your weaknesses will be exposed and game planned.