I guess there’s no QB controversy in Dallas?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's funny how the Prescott supports are breathing easier today.

If Dallas had somehow pulled out that game last night, their worst nightmare would be coming true today.
I don't think anyone was breathing hard to begin with. Rush has done a fine job - for a backup. It was always clear his arm wasn't strong enough to continue as a starter.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Until we have a decent starting QB, there will always be a QB controversy in Dallas. Dak is mediocre, and after six years, I doubt that's going to change.
Is that all on our QB or is there a deeper issue which has sustained this entire era for over a couple decades .

Despite not having one of the Elite QB’s , I think most would argue Romo and Prescott have for the most part over achieved from where they were drafted and uplifted a dormant to mediocre franchise this era .

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Is that all on our QB or is there is there a deeper issue which has sustained this entire era for over a couple decades .

Despite not having one of the Elite QB’s , I think most would argue Romo and Prescott have for the most part over achieved from where they were drafted and uplifted a dormant to mediocre franchise this era .

And nothing about Romo/Dak careers have said they are mediocre either..nothing not W/L record stats nothing...because this franchise has done squat for 26 years does not mean facts dont matter..the QB play has not been the issue. Does A-Rod suck now or is he playing with a roster thats not very good?

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I know all of the critics and trolls against Prescott were hoping a big performance by Rush would create this narrative to bench Prescott once he became healthy again .

While we are appreciative of Rush’s admirable performance in our starting QB’s absence keeping this season alive it would be more than a stretch to argue benching our starting QB for Cooper Rush.

That ship sailed last night. The clock struck midnight and there was no silver slipper . The Cinderella story came to an end .

Great job Cooper and welcome back Dak. True Cowboys are fans of both.

Rush's failures don't make Dak's failures any more palatable, and any intellectually honest person admits that reasonable people didn't think Rush was a franchise quarterback.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd say true Cowboy fans know we have a problem at QB. Dak returning is not going to solve that.
What is this supposed to mean?

There are people here who think that Cooper Rush is the second coming of Tom Brady (yes, there was a thread saying that). They are no less true Cowboys fans than you are, however misguided they may be.
There are true Cowboys fans who strongly disagree about Dak. Disagreeing with you and with each other does not make them any less "true Cowboys fans."
True Cowboys fans don't police other people's fandom.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
He’s the softest member of this board, @TwoDeep3 .

I can’t wait for his response. He’s essentially a child who hates Dak more than he likes anything about the Cowboys.

During our 5-game win streak last season, he bent over backwards in any pro-Dak thread in order to strip Dak of ANY credit. Funny how his energy completely changed when it was Cooper Rush leading the win streak.

Prove your accusation where I tried to strip Dak of anything last season. If you can't then delete your account.

As for being a child, you use emojis like a teenager constantly and name call like a 5 year old in the sandbox so go play elsewhere.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
BS..dude again your the one saying people are emotional for wanting the better QB to play...you yourself have said you would stick with Rush..have you not?

Had Rush played well last night night and Dallas had won then yes I have stated I would have stuck with Rush. Dallas has 2 games before a bye and I have stated that if Dallas entered next week 5-1 then it would be best to allow Dak to return after the bye when fully healed and he could go the rest of the season.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Had Rush played well last night night and Dallas had won then yes I have stated I would have stuck with Rush. Dallas has 2 games before a bye and I have stated that if Dallas entered next week 5-1 then it would be best to allow Dak to return after the bye when fully healed and he could go the rest of the season.

Come on now, you sure that when you said they need to stick with Rush you really meant until Dak is fully healed? I mean your usually pretty blunt about your Dak feelings...again as a Cowboys fan i want the best QB we have on the roster playing..if we had a better QB than Dak I would want him playing.

Nav22

Reaction score
Prove your accusation where I tried to strip Dak of anything last season. If you can't then delete your account.

As for being a child, you use emojis like a teenager constantly and name call like a 5 year old in the sandbox so go play elsewhere.
“Waaaah prove it or else delete your account!! Waaaaah!!!”

You’re SO tough. I stand corrected.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Tell us about how well Dak played during his 5-game win streak last year. You “didn’t try to strip Dak of credit” so that shouldn’t be difficult at all for you!

Go ahead, Charmin-Soft!

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
What is this supposed to mean?

There are people here who think that Cooper Rush is the second coming of Tom Brady (yes, there was a thread saying that). They are no less true Cowboys fans than you are, however misguided they may be.
There are true Cowboys fans who strongly disagree about Dak. Disagreeing with you and with each other does not make them any less "true Cowboys fans."
True Cowboys fans don't police other people's fandom.

It's a play on OP's claim about "true Cowboys fans" and what they "know". Check the first post.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Come on now, you sure that when you said they need to stick with Rush you really meant until Dak is fully healed? I mean your usually pretty blunt about your Dak feelings...again as a Cowboys fan i want the best QB we have on the roster playing..if we had a better QB than Dak I would want him playing.

I recall what I stated and I also recall agreeing with many who have disagreed with me in the past that what is best for Dallas is when Dak comes back that they need to keep a similar approach that was used for Rush in that the running game and defense are what propels this team forward. That is similar to what they did in Dak's rookie season and was the teams most successful season with Dak at the helm. Whether it was Moore coming on as the OC or Dak switching out of running plays something has gone to crap the last several seasons and nobody wants to see a season with a quality defense wasted, especially with the NFC not being as dominant given the move of many top QB's to the AFC recently.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
“Waaaah prove it or else delete your account!! Waaaaah!!!”

You’re SO tough. I stand corrected.

Tell us about how well Dak played during his 5-game win streak last year. You “didn’t try to strip Dak of credit” so that shouldn’t be difficult at all for you!

Go ahead, Charmin-Soft!

Thank you for proving my point.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And it was wrong then also...Again it's hard to see how anything could make someone who watches the game actually say "Rush looks like he is better than Dak"..."This offense looks good"....I mean it makes no sense if they have watched the games.
It is actually quite simple. There are 22 players on the field. All players perform or try to perform their assignments on both sides of the ball after each snap.

The best observers see and comprehend what all 22 players are doing every play in real time. These are the minority. Generally, good-to-excellent coaches truly have this gift.

In my opinion, approximately half of all observers focus on the offense pre-snap and understand what happens afterwards--mainly the quarterback dropback, throw or handoff, running back or receiver motion, running back runs left, right or between the tackles.

25% of observers can process the above plus follow the ball, whether in the air or being carried, and take in what defenders closest to the ball are doing.

Finally, about 5%-10% of observers' concentration and field of vision is locked solely onto the quarterback. Eyes will involuntarily follow the ball after the quarterback passes or hands off but discernment breaks down almost immediately afterwards.

It does not matter if someone is sitting on a couch, at a game, or conversing with others over the internet. I have discovered one certainty. And it happens before, during and after games.

If the sum of any individual's conversations are all or mostly about the quarterback, it is all they know or think they know about football.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
It is actually quite simple. There are 22 players on the field. All players perform or try to perform their assignments on both sides of the ball after each snap.

The best observers see and comprehend what all 22 players are doing every play in real time. These are the minority. Generally, good-to-excellent coaches truly have this gift.

In my opinion, approximately half of all observers focus on the offense pre-snap and understand what happens afterwards--mainly the quarterback dropback, throw or handoff, running back or receiver motion, running back runs left, right or between the tackles.

25% of observers can process the above plus follow the ball, whether in the air or being carried, and take in what defenders closest to the ball are doing.

Finally, about 5%-10% of observers' concentration and field of vision is locked solely onto the quarterback. Eyes will involuntarily follow the ball after the quarterback passes or hands off but discernment breaks down almost immediately afterwards.

It does not matter if someone is sitting on a couch, at a game, or conversing with others over the internet. I have discovered one certainty. And it happens before, during and after games.

If the sum of any individual's conversations are all or mostly about the quarterback, it is all they know or think they know about football.

Gotta give you props for that breakdown.

Nav22

Reaction score
Thank you for proving my point.
Thanks, Charmin-Soft!

I knew you weren’t a big enough person to admit that Dak played great football during that 2021 win streak.

Real men can admit it when they’re wrong. Fake tough guys (like you) struggle with it.

Even though you JUST TRIED TO DISPUTE IT when I said that you didn’t give him credit.

“DURRR PROVE IT OR ELSE DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT!”

You’re a lowly Anti-Dak Cult Member. Period. Embrace it. Be proud of who you are!

Bing

Reaction score
I've said it once and I'll say it again. People trying to compare Dak to Rush and who is better at this or that is like trying to compare the two ugliest girls at a bar come closing time.

Neither player deserves to be the starting QB for the Dallas Cowboys. What scares me are the people that thinks one of them should be....some of yall have surely bought into the idiotism of Jerry Jones and his snake oil magic and it shows.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Thanks, Charmin-Soft!

I knew you weren’t a big enough person to admit that Dak played great football during that 2021 win streak.

Real men can admit it when they’re wrong. Fake tough guys (like you) struggle with it.

Even though you JUST TRIED TO DISPUTE IT when I said that you didn’t give him credit.

“DURRR PROVE IT OR ELSE DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT!”

You’re a lowly Anti-Dak Cult Member. Period. Embrace it. Be proud of who you are!

Your statement: "During our 5-game win streak last season, he bent over backwards in any pro-Dak thread in order to strip Dak of ANY credit."

You claimed I stripped Dak of any credit last season during the referenced streak and I said to provide evidence to support your statement.....and you can't because like you your statement is BS.