I hate that we are stuck with Dak

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
This will be another wasted season with this bum, and not because of Dez(it doesn't help). Hes another tebow, just slightly better.

Now another Bum in T-Will is his number 1. This team is pathetic

I really wish in this one goofy, never could happen instance, that Risen had a say in QB the year we drafted this bum. Now we will be looking for another QB next year or the year after.

Fun
I hate our fans.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak will be fine. You’ll be ok too. He’s had a handful of bad games and a bunch of great games in his first 2 seasons. Have a drink, relax. He has 32 starts and a playoff game where he played great on his resume already. Romo was two years away from seeing the field at this point.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
Romosexuals have really done a doozy on everything..

Romosexuals can’t seem to remember that, once Romo was released, he had EVERY OPPORTUNITY to try to play somewhere else. And, what did he choose? To be a Emmy-nominated broadcaster for CBS. I don’t understand how these folks aren’t getting that through their heads. I guess it would prevent them from continuing their “Dak Killed the Cowboys” narrative - just like many of those same folks wanna blame Dak for Dez’s declining play the last 3 years.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
This will be another wasted season with this bum, and not because of Dez(it doesn't help). Hes another tebow, just slightly better.

I really wish in this one goofy, never could happen instance, that Risen had a say in QB the year we drafted this bum. Now we will be looking for another QB next year or the year after.

Fun
Did you think he was a bum when he went 13-3 as a rookie? Just curious.

waving monkey

Reaction score

Fun
Ya I hate it when my team is saddled with the ROTY and his RB just has
TOTAL 564 2,614 [ 4.6YPC] in two season got loads of offensive players in Pro Bowl
but all I can think about is that sorry QB.
and am sorry for the harsh sarcasm but really ,we are incredibly lucky to have Dak.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
You Dak stans boy LOL

Gonna hold on to that outlier of a season for eternity, wishing and hoping he can have another season like that.

Listen, I LOVED Romo. I defended him on many occasions for many years. But, his body failed him. He no longer could take a hit without you wondering if he'd get up.

I think he realized that and finally gave it up for the broadcast booth. I'm happy he did so that his quality of life after football would be at least decent.

He could have come back in the 2017 season to challenge Dak for the starting season but he thought better of it.

Dak is 6'2" 240lbs and took a lot of hits last year. That Atlanta game alone would have put Romo in the ICU.

That being said, I'm not married to Dak either. I'm on record elsewhere as saying if Lamar Jackson were available at 19 I'd draft him - but alas we have way bigger needs so Jerry wouldn't do it.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Look if Dak doesn't play up to par this year and we have a bad year because of it, this team will see so much change that getting and starting a rookie QB next year will not matter as this team will be in middle of a rebuild anyways.

I have a little more faith in Dak than you do, but I believe this is a year he has to prove himself or we move on. This team had so many issues last year such as our WR group wasn't that good, the oline was in disarray for a good part of the year, and the huge distraction of Zeke either facing suspension and on suspension. Huge distraction.
The team is finally trying to fix some of the issues with revamping of the WR group and I applaud the moves so far. We do need and I expect a high WR pick in draft.
The team is definitely addressing the oline problem with the FA signings. If Tyrons back is better great, if not we have swing tackle that can play.
Zeke is hopefully focused this year and won't be facing suspension.
Now the issue of Jason Garrett getting our head coach remains so hopefully we get lucky anyway.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
I like Dak and thought he would be good but now after the season we went through I along with many of you believe this is Dak's make or break year. We should have won 2016 but Garrett has no changing skills or strategy when it all comes down to the nitty gritty.

Garrett is the problem, easily....

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
If he plays like he did last year, we're screwed either way.

Same goes for Zeke and his pathetic 4.1 ypc. Of course, no one wants any bash Zeke threads for his bad play last year. It's always the qb and no one else.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I was devastated when they made the poor decision to move from Romo to him. Dak may have been an okay QB if given 3-4 years to develop as a #2, but he was no where near elite, which Romo certainly was. All the WRs suddenly suck now under Prescott? Romo had no problem with them.

Last touchdown Williams caught was from Romo... In the 2 years with Prescott, Williams has caught 3 touchdowns.

In 2014 alone he caught 8...

Romo had a younger, athletic motivated Dez before his injuries. And he had a younger Witten who actually made a difference. What 2 elite offensive weapons did Dak have at his disposal (pass catchers)?

Sandyf

Reaction score
It just dismays me how some like a player or don't but have no clue in how they are actually playing. Fans care about wins and losses but that never will be the whole story. Teams win and teams lose, an individual may contribute to either but is never the one single cause. People bash on Dak but yet he has been one of the most or the only two year QB to do what he has done. People wanted to keep Dez yet don't see how his production has declined and reaching 30 this year isn't likely to get any better. He doesn't put in the work like a Julio Jones or Jerry Rice to get better.

Teams make decisions we do not like but they make football decisions. Dallas has actually done a much better job over the last 5 years at this including working the cap better who we all complain about. The sad thing is when a guy that has been cut and proves it was the right decision to cut him, those that bashed on it say nothing, same will happen if a guy proves to be an All-Pro that some want gone. Hope I am right that Dak will become a great QB and hope I am wrong that Dez is really done.