I hate that we are stuck with Dak

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
were stuck with him until the excuses run out.. heck "everybody is hurt, or can't run routes should be good for another 10 years"

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
This will be another wasted season with this bum, and not because of Dez(it doesn't help). Hes another tebow, just slightly better.

Now another Bum in T-Will is his number 1. This team is pathetic

I really wish in this one goofy, never could happen instance, that Risen had a say in QB the year we drafted this bum. Now we will be looking for another QB next year or the year after.

Fun
I feel you. Its frustrating because all a qb has to do Is be ok and the team will commit to him until his 30s.
Daks a 11 million dollar a year qb but they'll give him 20 million because of his position.
He's "poised" and young. He can run little too.
He has a average arm and below average accuracy. His greatest asset is his size which helps him break tackles and remain durable.

GMO415

Reaction score
I think Dak is a better QB than SB winning QB Wilson.....

zerofill

Reaction score
I think Dak is a better QB than SB winning QB Wilson.....

I never did think Wilson was great...

Biggest issue between watching Romo vs watching Dak is, Romo was exciting to watch even when he screwed up, he did it in spectacular fashion. Dak is just like watching paint dry. Romo was an amazing escape artist as well.

As hard as I am on Dak, I hope he succeeds, because I want to win. I don't have faith that he will, but we will find out soon. The short passes of 2016 are done, unless he proves he can also throw accurately downfield, to keep the defenses honest.

zeke21

Reaction score
FWIW, Risen wasn't the only one that wasn't a fan of Dak.. there were several of us and we all got lashed, derided and at times bullied.

The 2016 season was not Dak being a star.. it was a perfectly aligned star studded team that was built for SB glory. Dak walked in, got given a very limited play sheet, had Rome and Sanchez spotting defences and played 'small ball' to grind out victories. As was said at the time, and still holds true, we could have stuck almost anybody behind centre and had very similar results. I know that posters (even at the time) referred to 2015 as why that wasn't true.. but I always maintained that the opposite held true. 2015 would have gone very differently had we had Zeke to go with the back ups.. and even without him we were sooooo close on so many occassions in 2015. Bad clock management can be blamed for 2015 more than our string of crappy back up QB's.

I was willing to give Dak a go but NOT at the expense of Romo in 2016. The moment Romo was healthy they should have let him compete for his job which he would have won and who knows what happens. Maybe he gets injured.. in which case Dak is still there or maybe he gets us to the SB. We have absolutely NOTHING to lose by putting Romo back in and everything to gain. Instead Clapper saw his chance to get rid of the more talented, more opinionated and intelligent Romo to put his puppet Dak in there.

I still think we will win games this season with Dak as QB.. but he is not an elite QB and he will never, ever, ever lead us to a SB. Ever. Inaccurate noodle arms who can't throw open receivers tend not to last long. Bus driving is fine for the regular season, but when you need to take down guys like Brady and Rodgers.. you need a passing game. Dak is not it. However Clapper is the biggest problem.. far bigger than any player on the roster.

kskboys

Reaction score
FWIW, Risen wasn't the only one that wasn't a fan of Dak.. there were several of us and we all got lashed, derided and at times bullied.

The 2016 season was not Dak being a star.. it was a perfectly aligned star studded team that was built for SB glory. Dak walked in, got given a very limited play sheet, had Rome and Sanchez spotting defences and played 'small ball' to grind out victories. As was said at the time, and still holds true, we could have stuck almost anybody behind centre and had very similar results. I know that posters (even at the time) referred to 2015 as why that wasn't true.. but I always maintained that the opposite held true. 2015 would have gone very differently had we had Zeke to go with the back ups.. and even without him we were sooooo close on so many occassions in 2015. Bad clock management can be blamed for 2015 more than our string of crappy back up QB's.

I was willing to give Dak a go but NOT at the expense of Romo in 2016. The moment Romo was healthy they should have let him compete for his job which he would have won and who knows what happens. Maybe he gets injured.. in which case Dak is still there or maybe he gets us to the SB. We have absolutely NOTHING to lose by putting Romo back in and everything to gain. Instead Clapper saw his chance to get rid of the more talented, more opinionated and intelligent Romo to put his puppet Dak in there.

I still think we will win games this season with Dak as QB.. but he is not an elite QB and he will never, ever, ever lead us to a SB. Ever. Inaccurate noodle arms who can't throw open receivers tend not to last long. Bus driving is fine for the regular season, but when you need to take down guys like Brady and Rodgers.. you need a passing game. Dak is not it. However Clapper is the biggest problem.. far bigger than any player on the roster.
Dak has a strong arm. Why would you call him a noodle arm?

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Wow...so we have a 3rd year qb that has 21 wins to 11 losses along with rookie of the Year honors and now he is a bum? You are a very hard man to please....gurss you forgot what the post aikman years were like....

Here's a fun one, go back to the start of the posts in this forum and you will see one of the ones on there saying Quincy Carter was going to be a probowler and take us yo the promised land....i don't know about you but dak looks pretty damn good compared to that and I'd take him over the majority of qbs out there....step back from the ledge
Bold was probably the same or similar logic RG3 fans were saying in Washington also.

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
I wish we had Romo too.
I'd draft a qb in the 3rd. Hopefully we draft Evans and trade back into the first to get DJ Moore.

kskboys

Reaction score
He has a ok arm. He knows his arm isn't great. Thats why he's afraid to attempt certain throws.
Yeah, but it's inaccurate and so throws a negative shade on everything else you write. It's like, that's not true, so everything he says must be false.

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
Yeah, but it's inaccurate and so throws a negative shade on everything else you write. It's like, that's not true, so everything he says must be false.
Watch film. He as a ok arm. He doesnt have a cannon. He doesnt have a good arm.
His decision making let s me know that he feels the same way. Arm strength all of distance either. It's about getting it to different parts of the field fast and accurately. He won't attempt certain throws unless the receiver is wide wide wide open.
That's part of the reason he didn't pull the trigger on 20 plus passes where dez was wide open. He didn't believe he'd get it there. Romo on the other hand had supreme confidence.

Honestly, If Dak didn't have Zeke and this line, he'd be Quincy Carter. Quincy was garbage we all agree. But Quincy had no o-line or defense and NO running game. For some reason I saw him make some pretty Decent accurate throws. He also has the same amount of playoff games and wins as Dak.