I hate the 3-4 defense

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
blah blah blah..."it's about execution...it's about the players...any defense can be effective if the players execute.." blah blah blah...yadah yadah yadah...

I hate the 3-4.

and I hate that it forces this team to choose from a smaller pool of coaches with 3-4 experience.

Who brought this 3-4 to us anyway?

Oh yeah, I ain't too fond of him either :D

OK..I feel better now.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Juke99;2417961 said:
blah blah blah..."it's about execution...it's about the players...any defense can be effective if the players execute.." blah blah blah...yadah yadah yadah...

I hate the 3-4.

and I hate that it forces this team to choose from a smaller pool of coaches with 3-4 experience.

OK..I feel better now.

:laugh2: .....awesome.

Put me in that bucket as well. Special NT here, LB there, the perfect personell package for this...........I call it the Goldilocks Defense. EVERYTHING has to be Juuuuust right.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I hate to say it but this group would do better in the 4-3, we have no true NT...

hendog

Reaction score
I agree.

Ware and Spencer off the edge. Rat and Tank would flourish as 4-3 DT's. Zack in the middle with James subbing in. Carp and Burnette @ OLB's. Canty and spears could rotate in at DT or end. Justin Rogers would probably be better in the 4-3 as well.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
hendog;2418006 said:
I agree.

Ware and Spencer off the edge. Rat and Tank would flourish as 4-3 DT's. Zack in the middle with James subbing in. Carp and Burnette @ OLB's. Canty and spears could rotate in at DT or end. Justin Rogers would probably be better in the 4-3 as well.

Oh man Zach would be a complete beast in the middle!!!

aikemirv

Reaction score
Who plays where in the nickle?

When we are running it now. Do we have Ratliff and Tank inside?

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
I still can't seem to wrap my brain around the fact that the Dallas Cowboys run a 3-4 defense.

I dunno...it's like going to a concert and watching Eric Clapton play the violin. Or watching an old movie clip of Abbott and Hardy...

I'll make ya a nickel bet that if ya ask CBZ, he feels the same way. I think anyone who's been a fan for a while would feel the same.

I think that completes my rant for the day. :D

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Juke99;2418061 said:
I still can't seem to wrap my brain around the fact that the Dallas Cowboys run a 3-4 defense.

I dunno...it's like going to a concert and watching Eric Clapton play the violin. Or watching an old movie clip of Abbott and Hardy...

I'll make ya a nickel bet that if ya ask CBZ, he feels the same way. I think anyone who's been a fan for a while would feel the same.

I think that completes my rant for the day. :D

Pops still can't believe players don't wear leather helmets anymore :laugh2:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Juke99;2417961 said:

I hate the 3-4.

OK..I feel better now.

I'm right there with ya...

I hate it too.

And I'm not big on the donut eater who brought.

And I'm not big on "Mr. Fixit" either.

Other than that I totally disagree with you. :D

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2418070 said:
Pops still can't believe players don't wear leather helmets anymore :laugh2:

:lmao2: Clearly, there must have been a few moments when he left his in his locker. ;)

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2418083 said:
I'm right there with ya...

I hate it too.

And I'm not big on the donut eater who brought.

And I'm not big on "Mr. Fixit" either.

Other than that I totally disagree with you. :D

You must have a problem adjusting to the NFL rules after spending so much time watching the CFL. :D

Yo, Mikey.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Juke99;2418085 said:
:lmao2: Clearly, there must have been a few moments when he left his in his locker. ;)

He was heard to say....Helmet? I don't need no stinking helmet!!!!!!!!!! :laugh2:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Juke99;2418088 said:
You must have a problem adjusting to the NFL rules after spending so much time watching the CFL. :D

Yo, Mikey.

No kidding, it's not like they have an NFL team up there anyways :D

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Every time I'm about ready to agree with you about the 3-4... I'll see Pittsburgh or New England play and realize how diverse a 3-4 can be and how effective it is.

I've seen Phillips' defenses that I've really liked. I don't know... I keep waiting for it to click.

One thing is: You need two very good OLB's to make a 3-4 go and we've only had 1 with Ellis opposite Ware. Spencer could make a night-and-day difference for us.

We will know soon enough if I'm right. I hope I am.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
AsthmaField;2418106 said:
Every time I'm about ready to agree with you about the 3-4... I'll see Pittsburgh or New England play and realize how diverse a 3-4 can be and how effective it is.

I've seen Phillips' defenses that I've really liked. I don't know... I keep waiting for it to click.

One thing is: You need two very good OLB's to make a 3-4 go and we've only had 1 with Ellis opposite Ware. Spencer could make a night-and-day difference for us.

I just hate it for no reason.

Hey, I hated it when the offensive line stopped doing their "up/down" thing before getting into a set position.

:)

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2418091 said:
He was heard to say....Helmet? I don't need no stinking helmet!!!!!!!!!! :laugh2:

Yes immediately followed by.."and will someone answer that damn phone!" when there wasn't one ringing. :D

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2418090 said:
Why do you think the 3-4 limits the number of head coaches we can hire?

Cuz there are going to be some coaches who will not want to come here IF we insist on running a 3-4. Because Jerry said that one of the reasons he hired Wade is because he knew the 3-4.

And it surely limits the choices of coordinators.

But this was more a thread about being in hate with something and not particularly needing a valid reason for it. :D

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AsthmaField;2418106 said:

Well said.

I see P-burg play it and everyone is aggressive and flying around the field--

God-almighty, our guys look like it's illegal to touch anyone on the other team.