I hate the 3-4 defense

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
DallasEast;2418226 said:
That's just Yeager throwing a chop block at ya... :rolleyes: ;)

Yes, we've all noticed that Yeager can be kinda chippy.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
I love the 3-4 as long as it's run properly. but we don't do that in Dallas.

1fisher

Reaction score
Rampage;2418238 said:
I love the 3-4 as long as it's run properly. but we don't do that in Dallas.

..........and you love 11 herbs and spices..... :puke: on both! :lmao2:

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Juke99;2418061 said:
I still can't seem to wrap my brain around the fact that the Dallas Cowboys run a 3-4 defense.

I dunno...it's like going to a concert and watching Eric Clapton play the violin. Or watching an old movie clip of Abbott and Hardy...

I'll make ya a nickel bet that if ya ask CBZ, he feels the same way. I think anyone who's been a fan for a while would feel the same.

I think that completes my rant for the day. :D

I hear ya.

01500_cowbphs016000.jpg

Our heritage.

1fisher

Reaction score
Juke99;2418229 said:
There ya go. That's what I'm lookin for.

None of this logical, well thought out, football talk...just a pure and simple, "I don't like the 3-4....and my reason is.....because"

:)

short and sweet but to the point! :laugh2:

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
1fisher;2418243 said:
..........and you love 11 herbs and spices..... :puke: on both! :lmao2:
damn right! what you think i'm gonna eat for dinner on Sunday night? even Windward is down with the 11 herbs and spices. get with the program, fish!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I can't say I hate the 3-4, but I can tell you I don't like the way we're playing it. If it meant improvement to switch a 4-3 I'd be all over it. The question is, how many changes?

Ware, Ellis and Spencer, DE's or OLBs in a 4-3? Most likely they are DEs.

Zach Thomas can be the MLB, with James as his backup. That's easy.

The DL and the OLB's the tricky part. Right now I'd say this would make Carpenter and Burnett the likely OLB starters.

I think you'd have to move Spears and Canty to DTs.

Ellis (Spencer)...Spears (Canty)...Ratliff (Johnson)...Ware (Hatcher)

Burnett (Rogers)...Thomas (James)...Carpenter (Polk)

Does that improve this Defense? I'm not sure.

1fisher

Reaction score
Rampage;2418254 said:
damn right! what you think i'm gonna eat for dinner on Sunday night? even Windward is down with the 11 herbs and spices. get with the program, fish!

Oh snap! Not windward too...:eek:

I hope you survive!

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Hostile;2418271 said:
I can't say I hate the 3-4, but I can tell you I don't like the way we're playing it. If it meant improvement to switch a 4-3 I'd be all over it. The question is, how many changes?

The DL and the OLB's the tricky part. Right now I'd say this would make Carpenter and Burnett the likely OLB starters.

Not sure it improves it either , but I think it improves the run defense in a division that likes to run the ball . I also think it gives them a good rotation of fresh bodies on a team that seems to be worn down easily . Sad .

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
Juke99;2418115 said:
I just hate it for no reason.

Hey, I hated it when the offensive line stopped doing their "up/down" thing before getting into a set position.

:)

now thats old school.I almost forgot about that...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
When our 4-3 was not doing the job not many where happy with the 4-3. I don't care what defense you run 4-3, 3-4 or some off shoot of either defense it comes down to players executing the defensive assignments.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I love the 34. I love Wade's version and I even like Belichick's more sophisticated version of Parcells' 34.

Our players just aren't as good as most of the ones on the Pats, Steelers, or Ravens. Other than Ware, we don't have the Wilforks, Seymours, Vrabels, Farriors, Hamptons, Ngatas, etc.

This draft needs to be huge on our front seven (and O-line)... At least with the picks we have left.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Hostile;2418271 said:

That's pretty much what it'd have to be. Except there's no way that Roger's could play OLB in a 4-3, IMO. He's more like Ware or Spencer, whom you rightfully listed as DE's in a 4-3.

We would need much more athleticism at LB if we switched to a 4-3. The DL would be set, IMO. Spencer, Tank, Rat, Ware would be a sight to behold and Spears and Canty would be terrific backup DT's. The LB's though... they just wouldn't have enough athleticism to get to the sideline in time.

Smith22

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2418332 said:
This draft needs to be huge on our front seven (and O-line)...

I couldn't agree more. We need better depth along the OL and we desperately need another playmker at LB'er and DL.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
djdoug;2418376 said:
I miss the DOOMSDAY defense!:star:

What made Doomsday was the men who played not the 4-3 flex. As the talent started to drop off in the mid to late 80's the 4-3 flex was no longer getting the job done because the talent was no longer there.