I have a Michael Irvin Question for the Board

superpunk

Reaction score
Mike 1967 said:
What about Noah :)

Well, Noah, Enoch, Abram, there were various servants of God before the nation of Israel, but you're right, I misspoke. :eek::

Mike 1967

Reaction score
superpunk said:
Excellent point. Noah's folly there, resulted in one of his sons' being punished, for 'laying bare his fathers nakedness'. More than just Noah was affected there.

yep...that effected generations.

That particular son was cursed....and the curse impacted generations if I remember correctly.

Mike 1967

Reaction score
I just want to give Kudo's to the mods for allowing this thread to continue !!!!

Hoov

Reaction score
superpunk said:
Drinking and driving.....:beer1::nono2:

yes, but after a w/e in jail, a 2 year suspension, over 5,000 of fines and court costs and having to operate my car for a year with a breathalizer ignition interlock and pay another 1,000 for that interlock plus pay highway robbery for auto insurance i think ive paid my dues on that one.

Also, i did have a designated driver that night but the arse left in the middle of rolling stones concert after i had been drinking. I actually stopped drinking and waited over 2 hours before attempting to drive, cause i didnt want to leave my car in the stadium parking lot overnight, i decided i felt ok to drive home. cop profiled me cause i was driving an old lincoln towncar that looked like a pimpmobile after 2 am and rode up on my arse, i changed lanes to let the car pass and he pulled me over for changing lanes without a turn signal, then i failed the breathalizer by only .02 over the legal limit, thats about 1/3 of a beer.

Of course the officer testimony in court was complete BS and when i challenged it the judge got pissed and said i was calling the officer a liar, to which i said "i sure am" and he ended the trial right there. Looking back when the judge yelled at me for trying to explain what happened and told me i was only allowed to answer attorney question yes/no i should have just turned and gave him the finger, i wonder how much that fine would have been.

superpunk

Reaction score
Mike 1967 said:
yep...that effected generations.

That particular son was cursed....and the curse impacted generations if I remember correctly.

yes, Canaan. Which resulted in him being a "slave to his brother Shem" (Gen 9:26) and eventually ending up in that state - i.e. the nation of Israel conquering the land of Canaan.

superpunk

Reaction score
Hoov,

Ouch, tough break. Don't know how much the fine would have been, but you probably would've felt fantastic. Of course, there is that whole "contempt of court" thing.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Hoov said:
yes, but after a w/e in jail, a 2 year suspension, over 5,000 of fines and court costs and having to operate my car for a year with a breathalizer ignition interlock and pay another 1,000 for that interlock plus pay highway robbery for auto insurance i think ive paid my dues on that one.
You should have just killed the cop, couldn't have been much worse.

Just kidding, I know exactly what you went through, I went through it with my son about 9 yrs ago. He was 19 & plenty stupid back then.

Mike 1967

Reaction score
superpunk said:
yes, Canaan. Which resulted in him being a "slave to his brother Shem" (Gen 9:26) and eventually ending up in that state - i.e. the nation of Israel conquering the land of Canaan.

Very cool !

It is rare to find Christians that know the Old Testemant....much less the Bible at all.

Hoov

Reaction score
superpunk said:
Hoov,

Ouch, tough break. Don't know how much the fine would have been, but you probably would've felt fantastic. Of course, there is that whole "contempt of court" thing.

yeah, i would have felt great....but it definitely would have been contempt of court and probably at least another 1,000.

At any rate, no more drinking and driving for me. Thats one thing i like about living where i am now, i can walk in 5 minutes to main street and there are about 50 bars and restaurants in halfmile strip.

That breathalizer is a big time pain though, ive had my car not start at 6am cause of drinking the night before and had to run and catch a bus to get to work.

Mike 1967

Reaction score
Hoov said:
yeah, i would have felt great....but it definitely would have been contempt of court and probably at least another 1,000.

At any rate, no more drinking and driving for me. Thats one thing i like about living where i am now, i can walk in 5 minutes to main street and there are about 50 bars and restaurants in halfmile strip.

That breathalizer is a big time pain though, ive had my car not start at 6am cause of drinking the night before and had to run and catch a bus to get to work.

I like ya hoov

But....I cannot feel any pity for your current situation.

There have been to many innocent deaths caused by drunk drivers

superpunk

Reaction score
Mike 1967 said:
Very cool !

It is rare to find Christians that know the Old Testemant....much less the Bible at all.

Isn't that what our beliefs and morals are SUPPOSED to be based on? LOL. I know what you're talking about though. Very few people actually open the bible up, and examine what it has to say for themselves. Many would rather just listen to what they're told, rather than investigate themselves. I'd rather be like the "noble minded Beroeans" who "received the word with the greatest eagerness of mind, carefully examining the Scriptures daily as to whether these things were so." (Acts 17:11)

Mike 1967

Reaction score
superpunk said:
Isn't that what our beliefs and morals are SUPPOSED to be based on? LOL. I know what you're talking about though. Very few people actually open the bible up, and examine what it has to say for themselves. Many would rather just listen to what they're told, rather than investigate themselves. I'd rather be like the "noble minded Beroeans" who "received the word with the greatest eagerness of mind, carefully examining the Scriptures daily as to whether these things were so." (Acts 17:11)

Yes, that is definitely what a "Christians" morals and beliefs should be based on.

As well as the law written on our hearts (concience) that Paul refers to in Romans 1.

Mike 1967

Reaction score
superpunk said:

The original constitution and Law in this Country revolved around the concept that LAW should be over the KING. The basis for this concept came from the Bible.

But todays society has a new religion. Humanism. Humanism is the belief that there is not God. That everything is a result of time + chance. So basically all "truth" centers off of Man.

The original concept of Separation of Church and State was to gaurd against a State Church......as was the case in England and other Norther Europe countries at that time. The founders wanted a separation because they wanted to safeguard freedom of religion. But the founders understood that you could not have a standard of LAW over man without a GOD over man.

Today, the concept of Seperation of Church and State has been misconstrued to remove anything that is Christian from government insitutions. And ironically, it has been replaced by the State Religion of Humanism...otherwise known as Evolution.

In Humanism..there are no absolutes...only time + chance. So in essence there is no absolute basis for law or morality or ethics. What you are left with is the King over the Law.

A prime example is the ruling on Abortion. A majority of people agreed that abortion was wrong....but a select few (the Supreme Court) dictated that abortion was legal.

Mike 1967

Reaction score
superpunk said:
That's what separates us from the animals, no doubt.

Yes...you are created in the Image of God. Which is why you are more valuable than the entire universe.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Mike 1967 said:
Yes, that is definitely what a "Christians" morals and beliefs should be based on.

As well as the law written on our hearts (concience) that Paul refers to in Romans 1.
But we do have to be careful about following our conscience, because it is a realative thing.

Each person could have a different level of conscience, or none at all.

I know what you mean though.

jem88

Reaction score
iceberg said:
the trouble is, it's been "illegal" for so long and has had so many misconceptions about it over the years.

marajuana doesn't lead to harder drugs, the desire to do drugs leads to harder drugs. marajuana just gets rid of the junk in your fridge that's been sitting there as a science experiment for quite some time but may taste ok just the same.

"reefer madness" - if there was ever a load of hammered moose manure, this is it. getting all energetic and crazy after smoking it? hardly. well, unless taking 10 minutes to reach for the remote then not knowing why is just whacky.

and it's been villianized most all of our lives. those who have not already put that aside and tried it will likely have a negative outlook on it and those who use it.

w/alcohol, people go nuts, drive around and kill people, get into arguments, blow out livers (wonder how much of mine is left anymore - it grows back, right???) but w/weed you just sit around and waste time.

maybe too much of it - that IS a valid concern.

now - what if an NFL player went to amsterdam - could they THEN smoke and it be "ok"? i tend to doubt it because i'd think the policy is NO WEED, not NO WEED WHERE ILLEGAL. but since irvin isn't in the NFL, what would his work say?

in jobs where you're not required to be 24x7 i think a drug law is an invasion of privacy. when i go to best buy and see they're drug free, it does my heart wonders to know that the pimple-faced kid who put the cd's out didn't get high last night.

right, WHO CARES? and why would NOT smoking be a pre-req for a job like this? policeman, fireman, doctor on call - sure. if you may have to "go to work" then you'd better be straight and able to. otherwise, what people do with their own lives is their own business.

smoking and driving - would it bug me if someone was high and ran into my truck because of it? well, no more than the **(#*($&*(*(&@(*$ idiots who must talk on their cell phone and cut over 4 lanes because they're about to miss a turn, drive slow because they're busy talking on the phone and doing hand motions with the other hand leaving the rest of us to wonder what they're driving with.

in short, i don't care what michael does or where. but if illegal and he gets caught, then pay the standard fare and move about your life - that's the law and i'm ok with that.

instead people want to be judge and jury and express a standard of life for others i sincerely doubt they'd hold to for themselves.

now if he was pulled over where legal, then we'd probably never know because he'd just be sent on his way.
I'm obviously a bit late arriving to this thread but I have to say that this is probably the best post I've read in my time here at this board (apart from the numerous enlightening posts written by jem88 of course!)