I have Dak ranked 3rd in 2018 NFC East QBs

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right now I'd probably go-
#1- Wentz. He has the best arm talent, elite potential (think of the Manning, Rodgers, Brady, Brees type QBs).
#2- Smith (He's actually a solid QB, protects the ball and has been to a NFC title game that they should have won.
#3- Dak. With the right pieces around him he has shown an ability to produce at a high level.
He is like Alex Smith in that he does a good job protecting the ball, has plenty of mobility.
He's like an Alex Smith Jr. right now, IMO.
I don't think he's reached his ceiling yet, which I think might be somewhere between Alex Smith and Russell Wilson.
Can he improve how he performs when his supporting cast has a couple of injuries?
That will determine if he is a bus driver or a franchise QB. JMO. I like him.
4- Foles- He looked really good in the playoffs.
He also had the luxury of an absolutely nasty defense and a great OL, two very nice RBs and good skill players- Ertz, Jeffery, Agular, Smith, Burton, ect. And a fine coach.
He can thrive in a good situation.
5- Eli- Once a very nice QB, he just seems like a shell of his former self.

He's like an Alex Smith Jr. right now, IMO.

Anyone who's Alex Smith Jr can only be ranked LAST in any poll....:rolleyes:..I mean common now.....

zerofill

Reaction score
Yeah, I was completely shocked to see anyone think Smith is good.

I always say stats are completely unreliable for determining how good a players is...

BUT... The only thing I see people go by on this forum is stats... So he smoked Dak last season then.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
It’s amazing how many here selectively forgot that three game stretch Dak had where he was so bad he was worse than ANY QB IN THE HISORY OF THE FRANCHISE! LMAO!!!
How is it even possible to be worse than such luminaries as Chad Hutchinson, and Ryan Leaf! On this board it’s like it never happened! Does Jerry have a Men In Black style memory cleanser? lol.

Just as it's amazing how you selectively forgot that even with THOSE 3 games, he STILL finished better than Wentz last year in accuracy, just as he did in 2016. LMAO!!! LMAO!!! LMAO!!!

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...-pescott-aaron-rodgers-tom-brady-carson-wentz

Ranking NFL QBs by their 100+ passer rating games

....The table is pre-sorted by the total number of 100+ games. If you sort the table by “100+ games in % of total games started” you’ll see that Aaron Rodgers throws more 100+ rating games than anybody else, and by quite a margin: His rate of 55.6% is almost six points better than the next guy on the list, none other than the Cowboys' Dak Prescott. With 50%, Prescott has the second-highest percentage of 100+ rating games of all NFL QBs, ahead of guys like Russell Wilson (48%), Tom Brady (47%), Drew Brees (47%), and Philip Rivers (45%).

Entering 2018, Rodgers and Prescott are the only NFL QBs at or above the 50% mark. You may not like it, and you may point to all sorts of extenuating factors, but Dak Prescott has put up numbers in his short career that puts him in an elite category with only Aaron Rodgers and Tony Romo.

So the next time you hear Luck or Wentz compared to Peyton Manning (the boat on Tannehill has definitely sailed), you'll know that a better comparison is Peyton's lesser brother Eli.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
1. Wentz
2. Smith
3. Foles
4. Manning
5. Prescott

I dont want to hear about Prescott over Foles. Foles had a historic run in the post season with injuries on the OL.

Falco78

Reaction score
1. Wentz
2. Prescott
3. Manning
4. Smith
Foles doesn't count as he is not even a starter... If he did then he would be 3 pushing the others all down one spot.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, but anyone that has a line that allows him to get destroyed will not shine.

When the going gets tough the TOUGH get going baby.....so Dak needs a perfect world around him to excel ok ok we understand....unfortunately in the NFL perfect worlds simply don't EXIST!!!!
Tostitos anyone?

Dre11

Reaction score
Damn...lol i don't even no where to start..First Dak is not the 3rd best QB,maybe he's ahead of Manning,but that is about it..Second the Commanders Recievers and TE's are alot better than what Dallas will trot out there on sundays..Yes Dallas has a elite RB and a very good OL,but they are not stacked at any other position on Offense.Every single team in the NFC East has better skill players than Dallas..Homerism runs strong on this site where every player is a stud or future HOF'er...

Your’re crazy to say they’re WRs are better...lol Dotson, hasn’t done nothing in 2 years. Beasley and Williams alone were better than their #1. Reid can’t stay on the field, their TE are maybe slightly better when you consider he could miss the season at any point. Davis is another year older.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Incorrect

His stats weren't gaudy like in 2013, had some unfortunate tip picks early that year, but he was solid in 2014 before he went down with the broken collarbone. The team was 7-2 when he went down and they were well on their way to a battle to week 17 with us for the division crown and at worst the #5 seed. But then Dirty Sanchez was forced to play and their season went down the toilet. Foles' last snap as an Eagle (until 2017) was the gruesome injury play in 2014.

No, he wasn’t solid.

He was bad. It’s not just about the Ints. He was completing less than 60% of his passes which is horrible.

Laughably, the way he was playing, there were a ton of Eagles fans who wanted him gone and a change of QB. (Funny how that seems familiar in some way).

Sanchez was just even worse.

I’m not knocking Foles. But he has been the definition of inconsistent during his career. It’s not even really debatable.

Hadenough

Reaction score
When you get into the playoffs everything is tougher. The running gets tough the coverage is a little tighter the defenses are a little faster and that is why you need a big time arm to be able to put that ball into those tighter windows in key 3rd down situations.