I Have Never Seen A 13-3 Team Get This Little Respect

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Exactly. The media has fawned over us all year and yet people act like we've been disrespected at every turn.

It's downright hilarious. I just went to Fox and their lead article on the NFL page is the chances of the 8 remaining teams winning the SB. Dallas is #2 behind NE. Disrespect, indeed.

+100

I'm almost hoping some of these guys are just irrational teenage fans, because for grown adults to think in such ways....smh.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
you may get a little respect for dominating in the reg season, but winning in the playoffs is what garners the ultimate respect and they haven't done it yet (speaking mainly of the rookies)

so who cares? all they have to do is go out, punch GB in the mouth and do what they did to get to 13-3 in the reg season and they'll be fine

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
you may get a little respect for dominating in the reg season, but winning in the playoffs is what garners the ultimate respect and they haven't done it yet (speaking mainly of the rookies)

so who cares? all they have to do is go out, punch GB in the mouth and do what they did to get to 13-3 in the reg season and they'll be fine

Good point............it all comes down to what happens on the field, talk is cheap.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Seriously, its like the Packers are Alabama and we are D3 Western Omaha from what I am seeing online right now. Seriously, folks are acting like our entire season was just one big fluke and there is no way we are going to beat the great Aaron Rogers with a pair of rookies.

I have never seen a number one seed get crapped on like this............unreal:mad:

That's where we want to be no respect and flying under the radar. GB is in for a rude awakening, this game is going to be a beat down for all to see.

silver

Reaction score
They're hyping up the Packers just like they will the Texans and their #1 defense despite being 16 points dogs. I heard the same talk about the Dolphins, Giants, Lions and Raiders. All of them got blown out.

Sydla

Reaction score
+100

I'm almost hoping some of these guys are just irrational teenage fans, because for grown adults to think in such ways....smh.

What has me chuckling too is why it even matters to fans that we might be disrespected. I mean I could see players feeling disrespected and using that as extra motivation but the OP will be sitting on his couch or in the stadium stuffing his face with bad food and beer.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Seriously, its like the Packers are Alabama and we are D3 Western Omaha from what I am seeing online right now. Seriously, folks are acting like our entire season was just one big fluke and there is no way we are going to beat the great Aaron Rogers with a pair of rookies.

I have never seen a number one seed get crapped on like this............unreal:mad:

fine with me, doesn't matter one iota

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

http://i18.***BLOCKED***/albums/b133/BrAinPaiNt/suckagain_zps43d5c61e.jpg

http://i18.***BLOCKED***/albums/b133/BrAinPaiNt/Medication_zps79ca19eb.jpg

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
Respect is earned not given. If we lose next week the haters will say "I told you so" go earn it by beating Aaron Rodgers.

Eddie

Reaction score
Respect is earned not given. If we lose next week the haters will say "I told you so" go earn it by beating Aaron Rodgers.

I prefer our team to be the underdogs. I want them lean and hungry.

I have a good feeling about Sunday's game. I mean ... a GOOOOOD feeling !!

manster4ever

Reaction score
I'm guessing the media and a lot of fans still see Dak as a fluke and a product of our OL, WRs, Zeke, etc. All I care about is the health of Jordy Nelson. Been reading the most recent articles, and nothing has come out saying he is ok. "Packers: Mike McCarthy has 'concern' for injured receiver Jordy Nelson."

He's out....just not official yet. Punctured lung and spleen damage per Packer fan boards. He isn't playing. Martinez didn't come back in the game either. We have no excuse if we lose to this team. We are better and healthier.

DFWJC

Reaction score

Dallas IS favored, right?

That's about as strong of an indicator of measurable respect that you can ask for.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
From the radio show I heard this morning:

"The Packers beat the Giants in the playoffs. That means they're Super Bowl bound for sure guaranteed and positively without a doubt. No one else has a chance. The Packers are just great. Aaron Rodgers is God. At night I ... [obscene material censored here] ... Aaron Rodgers. They're just so wonderful. There's no doubt that the Packers are going all the way. All the other teams look like high school teams. Oh, oh, oh, oh, Rodgers and the Packers, man oh man."

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I'm glad everyone is underestimating our chances. I'm also aware that that it's justified. The team has looked less dominant of late and we're putting everything on a rookie QB.

If I had to put money on someone this weekend I'd take Green Bay +4. They are the hottest team in the league right now. There is zero percent chance we win without scoring 28 points or more and our offense has looked inconsistent at best late in the year.

Homefield means a lot though so I hope they come out and struggle early like they did against the Giants. If they do we have to take advantage and not settle for FGs like NY did. If we can jump ahead 14-0 or so, we can control the game with Zeke.

Everson24

Reaction score

Some of it is justified. I think many see the parallels to the 2010 season in which the Packers had to win out just to get into the playoffs, They won their wild-card game and then destroyed the 13-3 Atlanta Falcons in the Georgia Dome 48-21. Aaron Rodgers was so hot that no one could stop him not even Big Ben and the Pittsburgh Steelers in the Super Bowl where the Steelers notoriously get the benefit of biased officiating.

Yes, I can see why many out there think we will get rolled in this game. We have a rookie QB playing one of the greatest QBs of all time. It would make me feel better if we had a dominating defense like we had in the early 90s but we don't have that. We could very well get lit up big time.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I don't care about "respect" from the media
You want respect, sit another trophy in the case

And that's all the matters.
Reminds me of one of my son's football teams that played for a championship. My son tells me that guys were on the other team talking smack, and one of our players said, "Dude, look at the score board." We were winning by 40 points. :laugh: