I Have Never Seen A 13-3 Team Get This Little Respect

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
I like it, but those projections have been wrong all year. I remember they had the Vikings beating us like 60-40%
These are things called percentages that estimate a wide range of outcomes. One such outcome that wasn't deemed all that likely by a 60-40 split was a Cowboys win.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fan: I'm pissed off!
Player: Why?
Fan: People are disrespecting my team!
Player: Who?
Fan: You know exactly who I'm talking about!
Player: No I don't. Who are you referring?
Fan: You know! Other teams' fans! Media commentators! Those people!
Player: Oh. You mean anyone running off at the mouth who hasn't shed blood, sweat and tears on the field for their teams like my teammates and I do for my team every game. "Those people."
Fan: YEAH! Wait. What?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Seriously, its like the Packers are Alabama and we are D3 Western Omaha from what I am seeing online right now. Seriously, folks are acting like our entire season was just one big fluke and there is no way we are going to beat the great Aaron Rogers with a pair of rookies.

I have never seen a number one seed get crapped on like this............unreal:mad:

I'd think it's great, if that's what was really happening. The last thing I'd want right now is the media handing our team the SB trophy before even playing a post season game. Disrespect is a great motivator.

But the reality is the Cowboys have had a lot of praise this season.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
The 2 weeks off actually may hurt them. They have played sluggish out of the regular season bye and the extended time off after the Vikings game.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Seriously, its like the Packers are Alabama and we are D3 Western Omaha from what I am seeing online right now. Seriously, folks are acting like our entire season was just one big fluke and there is no way we are going to beat the great Aaron Rogers with a pair of rookies.

I have never seen a number one seed get crapped on like this............unreal:mad:
Eh....13-3 or 10-6 after a very slow start....really means nothing in the playoffs. We are still favored, but the media sees one of the best QBs of all time coming in hot as fire vs. a rookie in his first playoff game. I think the questions, followed by a close game that could go either way, is to be expected. Besides, there's now been nothing to write about the Cowboys for the past two weeks except a sad performance and loss while resting starters.

Plankton

Reaction score
Why is there the insatiable need for media acceptance and approval?

What they think has no impact on the outcome of the game. It won't matter whether they construct monuments to a player, or criticize another one - what happens between the lines is what will decide the game.

Enjoy the ride - I think the Cowboys get their redemption this week.

sean10mm

Reaction score
I don't get it either, fans always get super mad when their team isn't favored. Well, if you win the game, who gives a crap who was favored beforehand? If anything it just makes the victory even better.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
1992 Cowboys

The sports media couldn't stop drooling over the San Francisco 40-whiners. I'm guessing many here aren't old enough to remember but I am.
That team never got the respect until after they won the SB. There were even some that picked the Bills to win. We were too inexperienced and the Bills were a veteran team.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
That team never got the respect until after they won the SB. There were even some that picked the Bills to win. We were too inexperienced and the Bills were a veteran team.
Exactly!!

But the love for the 49ers was so ridiculous, I have a copy of some publication...I forget which one it was....(I was buying all of them leading up to the big game!!)...the centerfold of this newspaper-style publication had the rosters of both Super Bowl teams. And they had both rosters correct, but the team name and logo above the NFC team was San Francisco 49ers, not Dallas Cowboys. That's the level of disrespect we got in 1992. At that time, it did drive me nuts!! That magazine is somewhere up in my attic now...I should have kept it in a bag....it might have been worth something due to that stupid mistake.

These days, I don't allow the media to drive me nuts. I just stay away from them. I'm not going to listen to them this week for the sake of my mental health because I know what they're going to do.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Exactly!!

But the love for the 49ers was so ridiculous, I have a copy of some publication...I forget which one it was....(I was buying all of them leading up to the big game!!)...the centerfold of this newspaper-style publication had the rosters of both Super Bowl teams. And they had both rosters correct, but the team name and logo above the NFC team was San Francisco 49ers, not Dallas Cowboys. That's the level of disrespect we got in 1992. At that time, it did drive me nuts!! That magazine is somewhere up in my attic now...I should have kept it in a bag....it might have been worth something due to that stupid mistake.

These days, I don't allow the media to drive me nuts. I just stay away from them. I'm not going to listen to them this week for the sake of my mental health because I know what they're going to do.

I saw that same publication. In addition, I read letters in the Chico News and Review (a newspaper in California) AFTER that game where people said the Cowboys got lucky. No, 9er fans, your team got beat by a better team.

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
I really could care less about respect. We are talking about football. Football games are played on the field.

Save the respect for The Godfather or your local mafioso.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Fan: I'm pissed off!
Player: Why?
Fan: People are disrespecting my team!
Player: Who?
Fan: You know exactly who I'm talking about!
Player: No I don't. Who are you referring?
Fan: You know! Other teams' fans! Media commentators! Those people!
Player: Oh. You mean anyone running off at the mouth who hasn't shed blood, sweat and tears on the field for their teams like my teammates and I do for my team every game. "Those people."
Fan: YEAH! Wait. What?

Fan: Packers win and all everyone is saying is how they're gonna stomp the Cowboys!

Sane Person: Where'd you read that?

Fan: On the Packers message board!

Sane Person: [smh]

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fan: Packers win and all everyone is saying is how they're gonna stomp the Cowboys!

Sane Person: Where'd you read that?

Fan: On the Packers message board!

Sane Person: [smh]
I don't know. Maybe there are some Packers fans who are like Private Hudson. After Green Bay beat New York, some Packers fans may have said, "Well, that's great. That's just <expletive> great, man! Now what the <expletive> are we supposed to do? We're in some real pretty deep <expletive> now, man! That's it, man. Game over, man. Game over! What the <expletive> are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do?"

I've always liked Burke's reply to Hudson...

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
You know when we're really respected? I know you old-timers know this...this is for the younguns. When they hate us so badly, the tears are blood coming out of their eyes at the mention of Dallas Cowboys. They haven't really had reason to hate us like that since the 90s, but if you get to see it again, you're in for a treat.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
The 2 weeks off actually may hurt them. They have played sluggish out of the regular season bye and the extended time off after the Vikings game.

Cowboys are 25-13 all time after bye weeks... I think we're doing ok lol.

Did you see Nelson and Montgomery go down with injuries yesterday? I will take the "problem" of us winning HFA every single year.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
I turned on the radio, and people where on the Dallas bandwagon. My neighbors think the Cowboys are going to win, and so does my mailman. Then I went to the cowboys zone and they had crazy threads bout the Cowboys going all da way. Everywhere I drive I see Cowboys gear.

The world is totally on the Cowboys side. This isn't fair :muttley:

Edit: just walked my dog and saw another dog w a Cowboys sweater on.