I have no interest in ever seeing Dak take another snap for Dallas

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
When you say cap hit...is it the same for waived as it is for traded? Im specifically talking about if he is traded.
no, there is a salary cap hit when he is on the team. there is a dead cap hit when he is cut/traded. so if he is traded, there is a dead cap hit, which is massive right now

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
It’s really not about Dak. Dak and Rush are about the same in terms of the results you would get.

Heck Andy Dalton had a better win % than Dak and he was awful.

We need a better team and I feel like you can make the team better by not paying a QB like Dak that contract and I don’t think we can win a Super Bowl with guys like Dak and Zeke making that kind of money.

The nano-second a player moves off his rookie contract, this board vilifies that player. Schultz is a prime example. Witten was not a great blocker. And as his career grew, you saw the pre-snap penalties mount up. He was moving to get into a position to block where the defender had less of an advantage.

But Witten had Romo throwing to him. Somehow Romo's security blanket was acceptable. But Dak's is lame and needs to be traded, cut, reduced plays, or just taken out and shot.

I do not trust the opinions of many on this board because I don't see a lot of understanding through reasoning, but a lot of whining because of emotions. Not pointing at you, by the way.

I just don't see Rush as much more than a journeyman and bus driver. And if he plays a team that can score against this defense, he does not possess the ability to carry the team to victory.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
no, there is a salary cap hit when he is on the team. there is a dead cap hit when he is cut/traded. so if he is traded, there is a dead cap hit, which is massive right now

Stephen has 20M rolling over plus he can spread the dead cap over two years. Wonder if it makes financial sense if there was a team willing to trade for him.

Unless we are getting nice picks...I assume rollign with Dak and this Defense is better than Rush and this defense regardless of value or production vs pay.

coult44

Reaction score
This team just works under Rush. There's something special about this guy and he's just overall sees the field better than Dak.

This guy is no fluke.

He's Cooper The Rush.. Rush.
Just stop watching now then, because you’re on some serious chemicals if you think he won’t be back in the next 2-3 games. And you also are demonstrating your lack of understanding of most things football.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
its not about that, its about recognizing that there is an aspect or two of the way rush has played over the last 3 weeks that could help him improve. Let me be clear, Dak is by far the better qb but any great player will recognize that there are other elements of other successful players that they could learn from.

In this case, Dak could certainly take note of some of the pocket awareness Rush has had along with the reads on the intermediate throws - both of which are opportunities for him to get better. My point was that if he really is a student of the game and trying to raise to an elite level, he should be dissecting these games and thinking through what he would have done in the same situations and how he could mentally prepare for when he comes back.

there is always room to get better.

Only thing Dak can take from Rush is the way he has gotten the ball out quickly by and large. Take the underneath stuff if its there.

Other then that, there is nothing else.

Jipper

Reaction score
Only thing Dak can take from Rush is the way he has gotten the ball out quickly by and large. Take the underneath stuff if its there.

Other then that, there is nothing else.

yes, the pocket presence and the way he has slid around to give the OL the ability to block and gotten the ball out has been very good. However, this is not something that has been a strength to Dak's game and hopefully hes mentally going through the reps on the tape and thinking how he would have approached each play.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
yes, the pocket presence and the way he has slid around to give the OL the ability to block and gotten the ball out has been very good. However, this is not something that has been a strength to Dak's game and hopefully hes mentally going through the reps on the tape and thinking how he would have approached each play.

Yah that Rush is very Brady like with pocket awareness. Really shows up with that 21 point per game scoring average. Leading the 25th offense in the NFL is something to be proud of. Dak leading the NFL's #1 scoring offense being the mental case that he is has to be blind luck. Even if he did it the year before too. If only Dak had the presence of Rush he would make the Oline better like Rush has done.

NotForLong

Reaction score
The nano-second a player moves off his rookie contract, this board vilifies that player. Schultz is a prime example. Witten was not a great blocker. And as his career grew, you saw the pre-snap penalties mount up. He was moving to get into a position to block where the defender had less of an advantage.

But Witten had Romo throwing to him. Somehow Romo's security blanket was acceptable. But Dak's is lame and needs to be traded, cut, reduced plays, or just taken out and shot.

I do not trust the opinions of many on this board because I don't see a lot of understanding through reasoning, but a lot of whining because of emotions. Not pointing at you, by the way.

I just don't see Rush as much more than a journeyman and bus driver. And if he plays a team that can score against this defense, he does not possess the ability to carry the team to victory.
Cincinnati has an amazing defense and Rush led a winning TD drive

Jipper

Reaction score
Yah that Rush is very Brady like with pocket awareness. Really shows up with that 21 point per game scoring average. Leading the 25th offense in the NFL is something to be proud of. Dak leading the NFL's #1 scoring offense being the mental case that he is has to be blind luck. Even if he did it the year before too. If only Dak had the presence of Rush he would make the Oline better like Rush has done.

you are just trying to make it so polarized - what is wrong with saying Rush has done a good job in the pocket and Dak could work on that aspect of his game? All of the analysis that I have seen on the game is saying the same as well.

You are very flippant in your analysis and it is perplexing, i would have thought you would have wanted to recognize the good to take from Rush where Dak could always look at improving his game.