I have no issues with the end of game clock mismangement

SackMaster

Reaction score
I think there is logical reasoning for either decision even though I would have ideally would have wanted to run another play with around 10 seconds left. Just not happy with how McCarthy got to that decision.
Perfectly fair, and very understandable.
:thumbup:

Verdict

Reaction score
Not going to try and change your mind but the bottom line is something fishy happened with the play clock going out and MM wasn't ready to adjust to it.

Lesson learned for him too I'm sure and he will be more aware next time of other options in case the play clock goes out.

If Greg misses that fg obviously it's a different conversation....what if it came up a yard short?
No offense intended to your post, but if the clock MM was looking at went dark, he didn’t have a whole lot of options. If it was intentional, the Chargers should forfeit a pick.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
MM said himself he wanted to run another play, so ya, it was not intentional.

But I give him credit for not panicking during the "personnel mixup" and using the timeout "just cuz".

He realized the opportunity was lost, so do the next best thing. Give the FG unit a legit chance to get settled in, and don't give the Chargers a chance, make or miss.

Hopefully another "personnel mixup" does not happen again during a critical part of the game, but all in all, I fail to see the "disaster" others seem to be seeing.

There was no disaster in this specific instance but I think many are projecting what if this happens in a critical moment. In all honesty it shouldn't happen at all. If it is all on Moore maybe cause he's still young but my understanding this is on Mike, a seasoned veteran. If we had missed the fg, then chargers score on their 1st possession what would we all thing about this sequence of events?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It was, but mistakes happen in every game. People just like to complain instead of enjoying a good win.

how is pointing out the obvious not enjoying the win?

are you too blind to discuss mistakes? It’s been a common theme with MM. if it’s not cleaned up it will eventually cost us a game.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

are you too blind to discuss mistakes? It’s been a common theme with MM. if it’s not cleaned up it will eventually cost us a game.
If its obvious, why does it need to be pointed out so much? Let it go.....

SackMaster

Reaction score
There was no disaster in this specific instance but I think many are projecting what if this happens in a critical moment. In all honesty it shouldn't happen at all. If it is all on Moore maybe cause he's still young but my understanding this is on Mike, a seasoned veteran. If we had missed the fg, then chargers score on their 1st possession what would we all thing about this sequence of events?
I'm sure people would focus on the sequence of events if he missed. Hell, they are thinking about it in the win, so that is a pretty rhetorical question if you asked me.
:laugh:

In all honesty, after talking about this all day, I think whoever ran on/off the field when they shouldn't have may have saved the Cowboys from themselves.

After all, I have a hard time believing fans or the media would be discussing this as much if this happened with Tom Brady and Bill Belichick. It would have been more like Tom and Bill doing what they do.

JMHO

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If its obvious, why does it need to be pointed out so much? Let it go.....
It’s you that is bothered obviously. People have discussions on here. If you don’t like it, that’s your problem.

Verdict

Reaction score
I'm sure people would focus on the sequence of events if he missed. Hell, they are thinking about it in the win, so that is a pretty rhetorical question if you asked me.
:laugh:

In all honesty, after talking about this all day, I think whoever ran on/off the field when they shouldn't have may have saved the Cowboys from themselves.

After all, I have a hard time believing fans or the media would be discussing this as much if this happened with Tom Brady and Bill Belichick. It would have been more like Tom and Bill doing what they do.

JMHO
Yes. It becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

Verdict

Reaction score

There is a difference between talking about the good and bad and flogging yourself with a croc of 9 tails and then putting up a video of it and saying how MM needs to go because he has ruined your day. Lol.

Verdict

Reaction score
It was, but mistakes happen in every game. People just like to complain instead of enjoying a good win.

So many mistakes happen in a game, or every day life for that matter, you you could write a thesis on every single game. Some of these people really just LOVE to complain.

Verdict

Reaction score
News flash!!! If Jerry fires MM and gets a new coach that coach won’t be perfect either.

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
Calling timeout was not an option unless you want to give them the ball back with a shot field after we potentially miss the field goal. Zeurlein is 55% from 50+ for his career.

We have the wrong personnel on the field. Cooper is out and you are down to WR5. Your OC is telling you his vision is blocked. What is your master plan to win better?

Zeurlein hit 33% from 50+ last year, and very shaky last week. It's near a miracle that he hit the FG.

Can't believe you are excusing incompetence from a guy paid $4 Million a year. He should be prepared for every scenario at the end of a game.