I hope no one is truly panicking over these day one FA defections

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I'll add-

This talk of "the process has gotten us zero SB wins in 20+ years" is malarkey.

Because the process we're employing now is clearly NOT the same process that was employed during Parcell's tenure and Wade's tenure. It's a different strategy.

If people want to find reasons to not believe, and to not give credit where credit is due, then oh well. I'm primed up to enjoy the ride ahead.

Doubters will be proven wrong once again (just like in 2014 and just like this past season).
Amen.

I kinda hate losing Wilcox but that move just solidifies the front office's commitment to not placing the same Swiss cheese defense back out on the field in the future. Change is good and I'm excited about the prospect of a reworked defensive squad. There's only up from where they generally were last year (despite the hollow claims of the statisticians).

Sydla

Reaction score
So y'all OK now?

T-Rex is back and we signed a corner. The plan is being executed. Step away from the ledge.

The corner we signed sucks.

They could have signed a 55 year old in a wheel chair at CB and you'd have applauded the move.

Williams was nice. I like Paea. Carroll was a dumb signing.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score

They could have signed a 55 year old in a wheel chair at CB and you'd have applauded the move.

Coming from you. I'm not surprised at that take. Carrol is insurance. Smart signing.

waldoputty

Reaction score

cannot complain about williams contract.
paea made sense because he was doing well in the 4-3 (6 sacks in 2014) before he went to the 3-4 and was bad.
carroll made no sense.
he did better in the previous D scheme when they played more zone and had more blitzes.
when they went to more man coverage, he was exposed and toast.
that $ could have been used for part of a RT or something else.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Coming from me? What does that mean?

You were already stealth sneaking one foot onto the plank earlier in the thread.

In reality we lost some decent but not great players.

But nevertheless, holes were created and there could be a few more holes coming if Claiborne bolts and possibly Carr.

You can't just assume that all the holes will get filled by draft picks. If that's what the front office is banking on, that's a mistake and the team that takes the field in 2017 would likely be worse than the one that ended the season in 2016.

I'd like to see our names linked with a couple of FAs here but other than Ware, we seem to have forgotten free agency has even started.