I Know Jerry Knows

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It's been mentioned that the league told them to shut it down, along with any other team's "official fan forum", and I do vaguely remember something like that being stated in the days or weeks before it closed.
hmmm had not heard that, the league is goodell and the owners though.
So why would they want to shut down official forums??

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
hmmm had not heard that, the league is goodell and the owners though.
So why would they want to shut down official forums??
Possibly because they wanted all teams equal, like the salary cap? Maybe because they weren't "Official NFL" forums? Maybe not every team had their own official site? I don't know. I'm just relaying what I remember being said at the time.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Not enough revenue for the headache. Teams were merging into a NFL site with so much competition of other social media sites.
Well it should not be about revenue lol, it does generate interest in the team.
For example me coming to this forum keeps me way more interested in the team than if there was no forum for me to go to.
I would have a lot less interest in the team.
Forums are for people who like to write or read more than what is on the twitter type sites.
Having an official forum would be good for any team, no matter what is said there. But I guess they are too stupid to see that.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Possibly because they wanted all teams equal, like the salary cap? Maybe because they weren't "Official NFL" forums? Maybe not every team had their own official site? I don't know. I'm just relaying what I remember being said at the time.
many teams did not have a official forum, and that is IMO really stupid.
It doesnt matter what is said there, it keeps fans more involved with the team and wanting to see the games.
Whether you like or dont like jerry or dak etc, being able to talk to others about it makes it more fun to then watch the games and then go talk about them.
Some people like to chat during the game lol. and without a forum they cant do that.
And just think about if this forum closed, would you be as interested in the cowboys , or dak and the contract, or anything with the team?

I think I would become complacent and just watch games if I felt like it, and probably go to sleep during some of them.
I would gradually stop caring what they did or didnt do.

If not for forums, I would have just quit the cowboys during the 8-8 years, or at some point in the JG era.
Forums kept it all interesting, due in fact to the negativity on the forums.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It doesnt matter what is said there, it keeps fans more involved with the team and wanting to see the games.
Whether you like or dont like jerry or dak etc, being able to talk to others about it makes it more fun to then watch the games and then go talk about them.
Some people like to chat during the game lol. and without a forum they cant do that.
And just think about if this forum closed, would you be as interested in the cowboys , or dak and the contract, or anything with the team?

I think I would become complacent and just watch games if I felt like it, and probably go to sleep during some of them.

If not for forums, I would have just quit the cowboys during the 8-8 years, or at some point in the JG era.
I agree, the forums definitely keep fans more interested, especially in the lean years.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

These forums are more for afar fans who don’t have all of the camaraderie local fans have. We have hundreds of friends and family all rooting for the same team. Imagine everyone in your family rooting for the same team.

I’ve never watched a Cowboy game with opposing fans except attending a game. Most local fans come on these forums to complain and calling out issues. They have plenty of others to talk Cowboy football with. Certainly don’t need this forum to retain interest in the Cowboys.

I have over the years enjoyed some of the posters but overall there’s more pushback than I receive anywhere else with Cowboy fans. Some of it is childish crappola that only the internet provides. I just have more time to kill now and confrontational by nature.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Throw in a jug of gulping whisky and it's a deal.
If its gulping whisky its not worth having. If you are not afraid to anything but sip it, throw it away and get some better stuff. :muttley: I'm enjoying some 115 Proof this day reading and if i gulped it i would end up in the horsepistol.

Brax

Reaction score
Sorry but that's not true, but there were def issues. I think for the last couple of years we had no Admin, we had one Mod trying to contact someone for help but never got a response.
For a very short time we had a female admin who was a disaster, we knew something was up cause they just seem not to care about the forum.
Finally one day we got a message from Derik Eagleton telling us they were closing, he even told us to give him our addresses so he can mail us a gift card from the Pro Shop, which he did.
They didn't give us an exact date but did tell us a few days in advance iirc.
Thanks for your insight, stay safe.

johneric8

Reaction score
I never understood that. Of all the crap he spends so much money on, he didn't wanna spend the tiny bit to pay one person to run the website? I think he got tired of @CouchCoach calling him Booger.
Im tired of couchcoach calling him booger as well, so I don't blame Jerry...:(

InTheZone

Reaction score
It's been mentioned that the league told them to shut it down, along with any other team's "official fan forum", and I do vaguely remember something like that being stated in the days or weeks before it closed.
probably had to do with Goodell and his politics and protecting their trash views.

Almost every sport site with a forum/comment section had the forum/comment section shut down within a similar time frame, and it all happened when the living people starting blasting the nfl virtue signaling nonstop.

kskboys

Reaction score
probably had to do with Goodell and his politics and protecting their trash views.

Almost every sport site with a forum/comment section had the forum/comment section shut down within a similar time frame, and it all happened when the living people starting blasting the nfl virtue signaling nonstop.
Didn't realize that was why, but the stupidity of it doesn't surprise me.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
then explain why the other forum was shut down.
Maybe because it served no purpose to keep it going - no benefit - no reason to sponsor it. Other people and sites keep the Cowboy chatter going anyway.

Last edited:

InTheZone

Reaction score
Maybe because it served no purpose to keep it going - no benefit - no reason to sponsor it. Other people and sites keep the Cowboy chatter going anyway.
billion dollar organization, not everything has to be about profiting and they could most definitely afford to keep a forum alive that keeps their fans in a community. The expense of a forum compared to everything else they do is minimal.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
billion dollar organization, not everything has to be about profiting and they could most definitely afford to keep a forum alive that keeps their fans in a community. The expense of a forum compared to everything else they do is minimal.
Exactly, and if it operated at a loss, jerry could probably use is as a deduction of some sort.
Financially it was a micro drop in the bucket.
They just did not like it.
Every team should have a forum for the fans.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With Jerry it doesn’t have to be about profit ...:lmao2:

kskboys

Reaction score
Exactly, and if it operated at a loss, jerry could probably use is as a deduction of some sort.
Financially it was a micro drop in the bucket.
They just did not like it.
Every team should have a forum for the fans.
Judging from their actions, inserting jackholes to ban posters for next to nothing, I'd say they closed it down because they didn't approve of what was being said. I highly doubt to this day that Jerry understands why the majority of fans think he's a terrible GM.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Judging from their actions, inserting jackholes to ban posters for next to nothing, I'd say they closed it down because they didn't approve of what was being said. I highly doubt to this day that Jerry understands why the majority of fans think he's a terrible GM.
Well I think to understand a forum like this, or that one, you would have to participate in one for a year or so.
If someone who dont understand forums, looked at what was said and being posted, I could see where they would say screw these clowns,
and shut it down.
I doubt jones boys have ever participated in a forum like these, and they should because it is a lot of fun!!!!!!