I Know Jerry Knows

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The Cowboys Zone is a real thing. Do you think he has an account just to get feed back or a good chuckle??
No, Jerry wouldn’t have an account . But I’m sure he has someone who provides him like a Top Ten on the negative media on him which could occasionally include Forums, Facebook and Tweeter rhetoric and feedback.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I never understood that. Of all the crap he spends so much money on, he didn't wanna spend the tiny bit to pay one person to run the website? I think he got tired of @CouchCoach calling him Booger.
I think that was more of the decision. It was cost saving. Didn’t want to invest in someone running the forum full time.

It started out with basically volunteers and became a beast over time without the oversight needed to run a clean family site. Plus so many other venues to compete with FB, Twitter, etc. Didn’t need the headache. No money in it.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Didn't tell you or anyone else, just was gone one day, Jerry controlled it he just pulled the plug.
Sorry but that's not true, but there were def issues. I think for the last couple of years we had no Admin, we had one Mod trying to contact someone for help but never got a response.
For a very short time we had a female admin who was a disaster, we knew something was up cause they just seem not to care about the forum.
Finally one day we got a message from Derik Eagleton telling us they were closing, he even told us to give him our addresses so he can mail us a gift card from the Pro Shop, which he did.
They didn't give us an exact date but did tell us a few days in advance iirc.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I honestly don't remember ever talking about Zeke on that forum.....but hey, my memory isn't what it used to be.
Yea, we did. I bashed him big time for his suspension. What thuggish behavior. And I was bashed big time for my attacks on him. Lol

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Sorry but that's not true, but there were def issues. I think for the last couple of years we had no Admin, we had one Mod trying to contact someone for help but never got a response.
For a very short time we had a female admin who was a disaster, we knew something was up cause they just seem not to care about the forum.
Finally one day we got a message from Derik Eagleton telling us they were closing, he even told us to give him our addresses so he can mail us a gift card from the Pro Shop, which he did.
They didn't give us an exact date but did tell us a few days in advance iirc.
That administrator got on everyone's nerves. I almost felt sorry for her. lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There’s only one reason this forum has sustained. The owner and on hands administrator. Reality!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Spagnola, on the other hand, clearly reads posts on cz. He's even taken to using certain catch phrases he's picked up here.
Yea, it’s been fairly obvious over the years media personalities have looked in on these forums. Which I think is fairly common for Mediots. They look to forums, FB and Twitter for story lines and the vibe from fans. Especially those not as close to the situation like our local beat writers.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That administrator got on everyone's nerves. I almost felt sorry for her. lol
I actually applauded her Zero tolerance. But it was too late. The forum was tainted out of control. It was funny . She was booting people right and left.

Paradox

Reaction score
The Cowboys Zone is a real thing. Do you think he has an account just to get feed back or a good chuckle??

Definitely. I'm paraphrasing, but his daughter mentioned that he always hears/reads what's being said about him and his team and is often saddened by the harshness of it. He's not as cold as people think.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Definitely. I'm paraphrasing, but his daughter mentioned that he always hears/reads what's being said about him and his team and is often saddened by the harshness of it. He's not as cold as people think.
I’m sure he does hear about it. But that doesn’t mean he’s looking for it himself. Jerry is paying someone else to find it.

And Jerry isn’t a bad guy. He’s just a horrible owner cause he is obsessed with football operations and being the face of the franchise. That’s why he’s so hated.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I doubt this forum bothers him in the least. In fact, he has a marketing mentality and all attention,even the negative comments, attention on the team.
then explain why the other forum was shut down.

plasticman

Reaction score
Jerry doesn't read this forum. I know because I'm still in one piece. Nobody has mailed me a large dead fish. No bloody horse head replacing my teddy bear.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
then explain why the other forum was shut down.
It's been mentioned that the league told them to shut it down, along with any other team's "official fan forum", and I do vaguely remember something like that being stated in the days or weeks before it closed.