I know we're giddy and all, but the Detroit game was NOT the Super Bowl

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
So...I should be disappointed that they won because now I have to face the potential possibility that they may lose which will curb any enthusiasm I may have once felt? :huh:

Reaction score
I'm enjoying this win. I think we all should. Playoff wins have been all too rare lately.

Theres plenty of time to think about the Packers. But not today.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I think the excitement stems from the way we won, not that we won. Through most of the game I did not think we would win. If it had been a foregone conclusion the board would not be so crazy, but that was just an amazing win IMO. I still cant believe we won it.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It hasn't even been 24 hours...the team is off today so there is no reason for us fans not to enjoy the win. Win or lose this weekend will be there tomorrow, take a minute and enjoy the moment.

You know, I might just go ahead and enjoy this victory all the way through next Sunday morning. I'll just have to hope that doesn't cause us to lose.

egn22

Reaction score
As fans we can afford to celebrate the day after a playoff win. We don't need to be focused as though we were playing in the next game. Let the players do the preparing while we as fans do what fans do, which is cheer them on and talk shlt when they win. Hasn't even been 24 hrs yet

dallasdave

Reaction score
And when we beat Greenbay it won't be the Super Bowl either, but I will enjoy it to the max.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I wonder if the OP goes into a building yelling "FIRE...FIRE".

Damn, I thought yesterday was the SB! Now, I find out it wasn't? Damn it...

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Man, I thought that was the Super Bowl. What a waste of my time and energy lost in that massive celebration. Back to reality now.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's still the game in Green Bay, then the one after that should we win. I understand being ecstatic about this win, but is your disappointment going to rival your enthusiasm IF we lose next weekend?

Enjoy the ride, man. You're not guaranteed another.

If I wanted to I could come up with plenty of issues in that game, but they won and they advance to fight another week.

We're a win away from the NFC Championship game. In a season where I had them pegged for 6-10. I can't not enjoy that.

chagus

Reaction score
There's still the game in Green Bay, then the one after that should we win. I understand being ecstatic about this win, but is your disappointment going to rival your enthusiasm IF we lose next weekend?

There should be a rule where threads like this can only be posted after wednesday. Sheesh!!!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I enjoyed this win last night. When I woke up this morning, my state of mind was "It's on to Green Bay". We are a division champion playing another division champion and we have a better record! (13 wins) The disrespect by the media, almost unanimously picking the Packers to win has me fired up. I expect the Cowboys to win this one.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

Well yes... And no...

That game may have been our toughest game.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
You know, I might just go ahead and enjoy this victory all the way through next Sunday morning. I'll just have to hope that doesn't cause us to lose.

I'm with you these wins in January have been few and far between so no reason not to.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score

Giddy? Aren't we allowed to celebrate our victory after so many years of futility. Everyone knows the ride ain't over its only starting.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
What's your point???

The enthusiasm that you have now is great. But will you be disappointed if we lose next week?

Again, I understand being ecstatic. But it's almost as if we've won the Super Bowl or at the very least advanced to the Super Bowl. So I'm wondering if people will be majorly disappointed or will it be celebrating the fact we got farther than we thought we would despite not going all the way.

Oh, and the headline was an attention grabber. Mission Accomplished. :D

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
The enthusiasm that you have now is great. But will you be disappointed if we lose next week?

Again, I understand being ecstatic. But it's almost as if we've won the Super Bowl or at the very least advanced to the Super Bowl. So I'm wondering if people will be majorly disappointed or will it be celebrating the fact we got farther than we thought we would despite not going all the way.

I get what you are saying. Yeah, if the Cowboys lose this Sunday, everyone will be happy as a pig in slop.

Reaction score

We are playing with house money. Nobody thought we'd be here in August. Especially me.

Will I be disappointed if we lose? Of course. But I will also go into the off season optimistic about the 2015 year ahead.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score

To answer your question, I am extremely pleased with yesterdays win, and like most other fans, I'll be disappointed if they lose next week. But under no circumstance will you see me here bashing any player or coach. I strongly feel this team is headed toward future success, but if that doesn't happen, I'll pull a Romo and say "if that's the worst thing that happens in my life, I've had a pretty good life".