I know we're giddy and all, but the Detroit game was NOT the Super Bowl

lwehlers

Reaction score
I was pretty happy last night and now I am ready for greenbay. it has been four years since this team won a playoff game so a little celebration is ok to me.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
To answer your question, I am extremely pleased with yesterdays win, and like most other fans, I'll be disappointed if they lose next week. But under no circumstance will you see me here bashing any player or coach. I strongly feel this team is headed toward future success, but if that doesn't happen, I'll pull a Romo and say "if that's the worst thing that happens in my life, I've had a pretty good life".

Thanks for understanding the intent of the thread, despite the title. :)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
we had one playoff win in 18 years, I don't apologize for being ecstatic we won one.

I agree winning in post season is reason to get excited, while it is not the SB it is a one game deal win you move on lose and your done. For now Dallas moves on and still has a shot you bet I'm happy and excited

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I agree winning in post season is reason to get excited, while it is not the SB it is a one game deal win you move on lose and your done. For now Dallas moves on and still has a shot you bet I'm happy and excited

It validates the regular season and winning the NFC East. As we have seen, people remember playoff wins and losses for decades.

The OP just wants to be the "voice of reason" but really just comes off looking like Benny Buzzkill

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
There's still the game in Green Bay, then the one after that should we win. I understand being ecstatic about this win, but is your disappointment going to rival your enthusiasm IF we lose next weekend?

I respectfully disagree.

This was "one of those games".

No, it wasn't the Super Bowl. But for this franchise, for this team, for this organization, at this time....................it may have been even more important......

we "needed" this win. and we got it, after being down by 14.

yes, there is GB, Seattle left to beat, probably the PATS. There is work to be done.

But if we had lost this one.... the entire season would've been a joke, the media would say "same ole cowboys" etc etc.

at HOME. Playoffs for the COWBOYS? This game was big...huge!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
It validates the regular season and winning the NFC East. As we have seen, people remember playoff wins and losses for decades.

The OP just wants to be the "voice of reason" but really just comes off looking like Benny Buzzkill

True, As for the team sure I want them focused but I also want them feeding off the positives from this come from behind win. I think getting that 1st playoff win under their belts will take some of the pressure off and allow them to play the way they have shown they can. When you field question constantly about Dec or playoff win it helps when you can prove it now there is not going to be many question about Dallas having the ability or not in winning post season

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Warning: we have a grumpypants in the house.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
After win #9 it became ALL GRAVY for This Fan....:starspin:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know we're giddy and all, but the Detroit game was NOT the Super Bowl

There's still the game in Green Bay, then the one after that should we win. I understand being ecstatic about this win, but is your disappointment going to rival your enthusiasm IF we lose next weekend?

I know I know.........it's a process.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Hey, the Cowboys are playing next week and the jackass teams are home(steelers, Commanders, eagles). How sweet is that?

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I need more negativity in my life and I need someone to help stomp down any possible hope that tries to to lift it's ugly head from the pit of despair and doom...

Hey I just met you
And this is crazy
But here's my number
So call me... Maybe?!?!?!

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I need more negativity in my life and I need someone to help stomp down any possible hope that tries to to lift it's ugly head from the pit of despair and doom...

Hey I just met you
And this is crazy
But here's my number
So all me... Maybe?!?!?!

All you? ;)

links18

Reaction score
Wait, that wasn't the Super Bowl? Good, still time to get to Vegas......

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

How about run your life, not those here. WE WON, YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
If I can't be happy about a playoff win in a fantastic game...without being scolded about being happy.....I don't want to be a fan.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Wait you mean that wasn't the Super Bowl last night? I could have sworn it was. I had no idea we had a game next week.

Who do we play?

This whole "don't be happy about this win because we still have another game" is so dang tiring.

We just won our 2nd playoff game in 18 years. Lighten up and enjoy life a little.