I Like Beer A Lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Copy! Sure hope you don't pick up a severe case of the runs from a bad batch of stir-fry or something, that wouldn't be any fun,huh?o_O

*good luck& be safe:)

thanks.
not certain yet since this trip has been scheduled, canceled, rescheduled, canceled, and now on the 2nd reschedule, good grief with all the cooks involved.

runs is not the worry
the concern i have is with food poisoned with industrial waste and air quality.
but we have a lot of the food poisoning concern in america now with so much of seafood farmed or key ingredients produced in asia (e.g. toothpaste ingredients, fish feed).
a lot of farmed seafood is cheaper because it is from asia, particularly shrimp from india if you checked.
talking about scary.

however, china air/food safety is changing because the crackdowns in the last 24 months have been pretty severe including executions.

never thought it was possible, but beijing had blue skies this winter because the government imposed strict controls for the capital city even in terms of how people can heat their houses.
only a dictatorship can get something like that done...

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
thanks.
not certain yet since this trip has been scheduled, canceled, rescheduled, canceled, and now on the 2nd reschedule, good grief with all the cooks involved.

runs is not the worry
the concern i have is with food poisoned with industrial waste and air quality.
but we have a lot of the food poisoning concern in america now with so much of seafood farmed or key ingredients produced in asia (e.g. toothpaste ingredients, fish feed).
a lot of farmed seafood is cheaper because it is from asia, particularly shrimp from india if you checked.
talking about scary.

however, china air/food safety is changing because the crackdowns in the last 24 months have been pretty severe including executions.

never thought it was possible, but beijing had blue skies this winter because the government imposed strict controls for the capital city even in terms of how people can heat their houses.
only a dictatorship can get something like that done...
So,Wally! care to share the nature of this international business trip& what kind of casing-liners yer' wanting produced at as low of cost possible?
There's been tariffs bounced into yer' home court to the tune of $100 billion,with another $100 billion being talked about out of Washington,,, China is on the fast track with a blue water navy,no doubt about that, and with the rare earth mineral production firmly in there back court they do have a pretty good line up to play,,,the only rare earth casing-liner we had was in California and it was bought out a couple years back by a consortium with a couple of chi-com casing-liners holding 66% interest in it,,,prior histories always point to those tariffs, embargoes, sanctions, ,,,er,,,just caption it 'TRADE WARS' ,well,they lead to shooting wars Friend! sure hope it don't happen to you while yer' over there,,,that PLA will probably conscript you into their logistics branch ,putting you in charge of walkie-talkie battery disbursement up on some arrid Himalayan Mountain Side,,,o_O

* do you remember that one?:lmao:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So,Wally! care to share the nature of this international business trip& what kind of casing-liners yer' wanting produced at as low of cost possible?
There's been tariffs bounced into yer' home court to the tune of $100 billion,with another $100 billion being talked about out of Washington,,, China is on the fast track with a blue water navy,no doubt about that, and with the rare earth mineral production firmly in there back court they do have a pretty good line up to play,,,the only rare earth casing-liner we had was in California and it was bought out a couple years back by a consortium with a couple of chi-com casing-liners holding 66% interest in it,,,prior histories always point to those tariffs, embargoes, sanctions, ,,,er,,,just caption it 'TRADE WARS' ,well,they lead to shooting wars Friend! sure hope it don't happen to you while yer' over there,,,that PLA will probably conscript you into their logistics branch ,putting you in charge of walkie-talkie battery disbursement up on some arrid Himalayan Mountain Side,,,o_O

Maybe we are trading Putty to China!
Good morning all, attending my daughter's college orientation today. Gonna be a long day.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Good morning all, attending my daughter's college orientation today. Gonna be a long day.
Any idea what that consists of?
More or less just a walk thru/ familiarization of the campus grounds,huh?
I wouldn't know, ,,,,although this has zero to do with your daughters orientation today & of less intrest to all but I have done some gas service tech work on the Uof A's campus a couple of times b-4,,,and that marching band& cheerleaders were conducting drill while I was there( that's the extent of my college experience Coacho_O)

waldoputty

Reaction score

good grief. i am planning a 1 week trip to negotiate...
you are not rid of me that easily.
start thinking about what to do with the empty nest yet? :lmao:

waldoputty

Reaction score

tariffs are irrelevant to the type of tech projects for the companies i represent.
labor costs are important and you get 2x-3x savings for going to china.
but there are far more important reasons for going to china.

for the company in phoenix doing semiconductor manufacturing equipment, the chinese partner is providing the capital.
they would never be able to raise that capital in the usa.
even more important, their target customers are in china.
they could never sniff that market without producing that in china.
so anything else is a non-starter.

for the company in long beach working on driverless cars, they are looking for venture capital.
there is $ in usa because it is a hot area, but terms may be better with chinese partners.
nobody is not worried about tariffs or labor costs.
they want venture capital at the best terms.
the other thing is testing.
with the recent UBER accident in arizona, driverless car testing in arizona is toast.
what do you think the chinese government did when that happened?
they approved driverless car testing in beijing the day after for UBER's chinese competitor.
they are basically laughing at the american system of litigation and technology policies.
the final thing is negotiations.
tesla is notorious for screwing companies over in negotiations.
as notorious as chinese companies are for screwing over companies, it is not the case when the field is hot like it is for driverless cars technology.

there is a company in LA that is in high-tech glass screens.
labor cost is a big deal.
us labor cost prevent for them from going after the cell phone market.
i already told them they can get labor cost savings of 2x to 4x from china through possible partners in china could finance the project.
but also told them they could save far more if they go to vietnam but the vietnamese partner would not finance the project.
of course the trick is to get a chinese partner to invest in the project in vietnam, but that is hard because the local governments in china are the best source for financing.
so if financing is the key, no tariff is going to change the decisionmakers i know personally.
china has already lost most of those low-cost 'sweat shop image' jobs to vietnam and similar countries in south east asia.
that happened in 2008 and those jobs disappeared in china and never came back.
they had tough times in those cities but they adjusted or people adjusted and picked up and left those places.

this is not a trade war between america and china.
trump is negotiating in his unique way that no president before has done.
he is pretty good at it.
crying foul and getting people upset are part of the process.
it is pretty boring to me so i tune it out.

if there is a shooting war, no one is safe and it does not matter where you are.
and there will be no shooting war.
world economy would melt down worse than 1928 if that happened.
too many people with far too much to lose for that.

Last edited:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Any idea what that consists of?
More or less just a walk thru/ familiarization of the campus grounds,huh?
I wouldn't know, ,,,,although this has zero to do with your daughters orientation today & of less intrest to all but I have done some gas service tech work on the Uof A's campus a couple of times b-4,,,and that marching band& cheerleaders were conducting drill while I was there( that's the extent of my college experience Coacho_O)
She's going to my old school. Gonna room with her best friend of 12 years. Just here to support

Melonfeud

Reaction score
tariffs are irrelevant to the type of tech projects for the companies i represent.

for the company in phoenix doing semiconductor manufacturing equipment, the chinese partner is providing the capital.

for the company in long beach working on driverless cars, they are looking for venture capital.
there is $ in usa because it is a hot area, but terms may be better with chinese partners.
with the recent UBER accident in arizona, driverless car testing in arizona is toast.
they approved driverless car testing in beijing the day after for UBER's chinese competitor.
they are basically laughing at the american system of litigation and technology policies.
as notorious as chinese companies are for screwing over companies, it is not the case when the field is hot like it is for driverless cars technology.

i already told them they can get labor cost savings of 2x to 4x from china through possible partners in china could finance the project.
but also told them they could save far more if they go to vietnam but the vietnamese partner would not finance the project.
of course the trick is to get a chinese partner to invest in the project in vietnam, but that is hard because the local governments in china are the best source for financing.
so if financing is the key, no tariff is going to change the decisionmakers i know personally.
china has already lost most of those low-cost 'sweat shop image' jobs to vietnam and similar countries in south east asia.
they had tough times in those cities but they adjusted or people adjusted and picked up and left those places.

he is pretty good at it.

if there is a shooting war, no one is safe and it does not matter where you are.

So,yer' confident that walki-talkie battery disbursement gig ain't in yer' cards?,,,whew! Well,I'm certainly relieved to hear that,buddy!
Now let me get this straight yer' in search of Chi-Com capital to finance the manufacturing (in Phoenix) of semiconductor forging equipment that's obviously to be hot vectored straight back to China so they can hammer-stamp those casing-liners out?,,,'copy'!
Ya,I can understand yer' associates harbouring grave reservations in cutting a fat hog in the a $$ when it comes to dealing with them Vietnamese fellers,they've been thumping Chi-Com bootie& sending them from whence they came fer' thousands of years every time they tool thru.

now,that whole living under that dictatorial type of casing-liner fer' a government definitely has it's advantages in the field of litigation,,, yessir, nothing like planting the head of the bemoaning aggrieved on a sharp stick planted out in the courthouse square to cool the jets on that $hit ,huh?
And about that cell phone glass cover casing-liner angle yer' on,,,could you finagle me one fer' an android coolpad in an expeditious manner there, 'ol Putty-Buddy?

Melonfeud

Reaction score
She's going to my old school. Gonna room with her best friend of 12 years. Just here to support
Copy,now that sounds like a lot of fun,I mean rolling with your best friend of 12 years,so it's like dormitories/on campus?,,,, you oughta' tie up a house for them to live in:lmao:

waldoputty

Reaction score
So,yer' confident that walki-talkie battery disbursement gig ain't in yer' cards?,,,whew! Well,I'm certainly relieved to hear that,buddy!
Now let me get this straight yer' in search of Chi-Com capital to finance the manufacturing (in Phoenix) of semiconductor forging equipment that's obviously to be hot vectored straight back to China so they can hammer-stamp those casing-liners out?,,,'copy'!
Ya,I can understand yer' associates harbouring grave reservations in cutting a fat hog in the a $$ when it comes to dealing with them Vietnamese fellers,they've been thumping Chi-Com bootie& sending them from whence they came fer' thousands of years every time they tool thru.

now,that whole living under that dictatorial type of casing-liner fer' a government definitely has it's advantages in the field of litigation,,, yessir, nothing like planting the head of the bemoaning aggrieved on a sharp stick planted out in the courthouse square to cool the jets on that $hit ,huh?
And about that cell phone glass cover casing-liner angle yer' on,,,could you finagle me one fer' an android coolpad in an expeditious manner there, 'ol Putty-Buddy?

i am not worried about the chinese army.
i am irrelevant to them.

oh, the phoenix company is already funded by their chinese partner.
but there is always opportunity to get more investment dollars so i could help with that.
and that is the purpose of the meeting.
the name of the products will have both the phoenix company and the chinese company on it.
in the usa, the phoenix company name comes first, then the chinese company second.
in china, it will be the other way around.
and you are missing out on the most important issue here is marketing.
the chinese partner, through its connections with their government partners, have a major selling advantage to chinese chip manufacturers through their own government partners.
that advantage is only relevant in china.
outside china, the phoenix company's name is more important and the chinese partner is not about to hurt their own pockets by screwing around with that.

oh on copying the equipment.
not so easy.
for the last 20 years, there are others to copy if that is so easy.
it is an unusual type of equipment.
that is why the partner is providing the $ in a partnership.
and while you are thinking in a national level, you need to consider it on a micro level.
the chinese company owner and particularly his 3 lieutenants are more interested in maintaining control of the company.
so they are not bringing in the industrial expert into the chinese company for the technology.
it protects the 3 lieutenants but not the best strategy for the company itself.
i sort of laughed when i realized they were doing that and joked with the phoenix owner that it appears the chinese company will need him even after a buyout happens.

the screen company, that is really early in discussions.
the chinese told me their labor cost, and it has been told to the LA company.
the owner has to tell me what he wants to do with that.

yea living under a dictatorship has it advantages and disadvantages.
beyond reduced litigation, the terrorism threats from western china are addressed by the army/government who would have no qualms with putting some heads on stakes.
there are tradeoffs in each system, except for the one with the short fat guy.

Last edited:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Copy,now that sounds like a lot of fun,I mean rolling with your best friend of 12 years,so it's like dormitories/on campus?,,,, you oughta' tie up a house for them to live in:lmao:
They are staying in the dorms for the first year. What a great age!

Melonfeud

Reaction score

he is pretty good at it.

One more thing there,'ol Putty-Buddy,as I know yer' putting together clean underware and such in preparationh of' this impending scavenger hunt/ cash scrambling adventure,,,,yer' banking on that no shootin' war belief due to it crashing world economies worse than the stock market crash of 29( if the lemmings didn't panic and dump stock shares en'mass, that would've been avoidable ,from what I've read as it suffered a similar drop under that dicknosed feller from Arkansas &he suspended trading by the power of his casing-liner),,,but back to the point of a 'world economic' crash,,,when yer' playing with a fiat currencies( not on the gold standard) based casing-liner, other than rampant inflation/ mass casing-liner starvation,,, just how bad could it be,huh? ,,,I mean when you own the monopoly money printing presses & dictate it's value?
It's not like the strategic war footing base industries will go dark& be shuttered,,, you ought to rethink that unthinkable there 'ol Putty-Buddy:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.