I Like Beer A Lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everybody for the prayers.:) The surgery was a success. I have a large black bandage with ice under it attached to my knee and I have crutches but I can put some pressure on that foot so it isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I also have to take medicine twice a day for a week and I also have pain medication that I can take if I need it. Was scheduled for 7:30 this morning but they moved me to 9 so I got out of the hospital around 12:30.
 
What's up guys? Long day, finally plopped down to relax.

had been doing family stuff for the 4th.
finally back to relaxing myself.
still wrapping up some paperwork for closing down dormant entities.

coach - how has the first month or so of retirement been like.
sounds like pretty good to me?
 
Thanks everybody for the prayers.:) The surgery was a success. I have a large black bandage with ice under it attached to my knee and I have crutches but I can put some pressure on that foot so it isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I also have to take medicine twice a day for a week and I also have pain medication that I can take if I need it. Was scheduled for 7:30 this morning but they moved me to 9 so I got out of the hospital around 12:30.
Great. Get some rest bro!
 
had been doing family stuff for the 4th.
finally back to relaxing myself.
still wrapping up some paperwork for closing down dormant entities.

coach - how has the first month or so of retirement been like.
sounds like pretty good to me?
I actually had a job interview this morning. Im not taking the job, really didn't suit me. I just closed on a property I sold, yesterday. Gonna start looking for another to flip.
 
Thanks everybody for the prayers.:) The surgery was a success. I have a large black bandage with ice under it attached to my knee and I have crutches but I can put some pressure on that foot so it isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I also have to take medicine twice a day for a week and I also have pain medication that I can take if I need it. Was scheduled for 7:30 this morning but they moved me to 9 so I got out of the hospital around 12:30.

good to hear it was a success.
good luck with the rehab.
 
I actually had a job interview this morning. Im not taking the job, really didn't suit me. I just closed on a property I sold, yesterday. Gonna start looking for another to flip.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

retirement lasted 3 weeks
do you have your own fixup crew
or some crew you can depend on?

flips still make sense in TX?
that game is mostly done in CA, even in most rural areas (nevermind SF/LA)
 
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

retirement lasted 3 weeks
do you have your own fixup crew
or some crew you can depend on?

flips still make sense in TX?
that game is mostly done in CA, even in most rural areas (nevermind SF/LA)
I have a crew. I get them a lot of business through my contacts. They in turn give me a GREAT rate. They overcharge my contacts a bit and give me a discount. Lol
 
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

retirement lasted 3 weeks
do you have your own fixup crew
or some crew you can depend on?

flips still make sense in TX?
that game is mostly done in CA, even in most rural areas (nevermind SF/LA)
Yeah, there is a job as an education coordinator for the local housing authority. Just looked at it after a friend recommended me.
 
I have a crew. I get them a lot of business through my contacts. They in turn give me a GREAT rate. They overcharge my contacts a bit and give me a discount. Lol

yep.
my business kept my crew solvent in 2012/2013.
they take care of me now with availability and better rates.
 
Yeah, there is a job as an education coordinator for the local housing authority. Just looked at it after a friend recommended me.

half-time is not a bad way to keep busy.
that is what i am shooting for next year.
 
half-time is not a bad way to keep busy.
that is what i am shooting for next year.
They want full time, and the pay is about half of my pension. It'll push me into a higher tax bracket, so it doesn't make much sense for me.
 
They want full time, and the pay is about half of my pension. It'll push me into a higher tax bracket, so it doesn't make much sense for me.

lol that is the wrong situation.
the beauty is that you dont need a job so you can wait for something worthwhile it it shows up.
what about working on some type of ball camp with player?
 
lol that is the wrong situation.
the beauty is that you dont need a job so you can wait for something worthwhile it it shows up.
what about working on some type of ball camp with player?
Nah, I need a break from football for a while. As soon as my wife and daughter go back to work/school I'm going forward with my real estate classes. Should have my license sometime in the late fall. A friend already offered me a position. I'll give that a try and work my own hours. Just to have something to do. If I like it, I want to get my brokers listened and open my own business. Hire a few retired coaches, we know a lot of people. Who knows what the future holds.
 
Thanks everybody for the prayers.:) The surgery was a success. I have a large black bandage with ice under it attached to my knee and I have crutches but I can put some pressure on that foot so it isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I also have to take medicine twice a day for a week and I also have pain medication that I can take if I need it. Was scheduled for 7:30 this morning but they moved me to 9 so I got out of the hospital around 12:30.
Great to hear, PA! Woot!! Take 'er easy, now! :)
 
Nah, I need a break from football for a while. As soon as my wife and daughter go back to work/school I'm going forward with my real estate classes. Should have my license sometime in the late fall. A friend already offered me a position. I'll give that a try and work my own hours. Just to have something to do. If I like it, I want to get my brokers listened and open my own business. Hire a few retired coaches, we know a lot of people. Who knows what the future holds.
This sounds like an excellent decision, Coach, and an exciting one! Go for it, brother! :starspin::starspin:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
476,244
Messages
14,674,450
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top