I Like Beer A Lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
FYI don't ever drink lots of milk before gym. No bueno

Preworkout and amino acids, BCAA's. Some creatine isolate. Get it through bodybuilding.com. Optimum Nutrition is a great brand you can never go wrong with. Especially their post workout shakes.

Milk! That's too much on the tummy :)

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Preworkout and amino acids, BCAA's. Some creatine isolate. Get it through bodybuilding.com. Optimum Nutrition is a great brand you can never go wrong with. Especially their post workout shakes.

Milk! That's too much on the tummy :)
I got tons of that stuff lol my neighbor used to give me free supplements but I've been supplement free for like three years. I'll take an occasional protein shake but datzz it

Optimum nutrition, 6 star, and EAS are the brands I use protein. But I've been reading bad stuff about protein powders and their purity. But those are among the cleanest. Some even contain trace levels of arsenic and lead

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I got tons of that stuff lol my neighbor used to give me free supplements but I've been supplement free for like three years. I'll take an occasional protein shake but datzz it

Optimum nutrition, 6 star, and EAS are the brands I use protein. But I've been reading bad stuff about protein powders and their purity. But those are among the cleanest. Some even contain trace levels of arsenic and lead

There's an app that lists the cleanest/purest protein shakes. ON was like #6. You're right, tho, Loc, there are some bad brands out there.

When I was hitting the gym hard, I had to have all that stuff :) I got really big, lost a lot of it when I stopped this last time about a year ago. But I've been in the gym off and on for 15 years :) Dat muscle has memory, doe

haleyrules

Reaction score
Patriots--they are my other team since they got rid of the puke face nasty stelalers.
It should be a great matchup. I can't wait. I have always admired the Patriots and Belichick. Have no idea what team will win but it should be a great game. Two weeks is far too long to wait.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Any of ya'll thinking about participating in the Mel Kiper Draft contest?
http://cowboyszone.com/threads/2017-mel-kiper-jr-invitational-sign-up.369060/page-4

This year, I'm not signed up yet, but there are about 6 teams still available.
I was thinking of skipping it but if some of you all sign up, I'd be up for it.

It has always irritated me on how its graded.

You get plus or minus point on where you take a player vs where the player is actually taken.
So think about it. If you took Goff with the 6th pick you would get +5. But if you took Dak anytime before Dallas took him, you lose points. lol
So if you took Dak early in the 3rd round you would get maybe a -60 points! Basically stealing Dak in the 3rd round and you would get terrible grade because he actually was taken later.

It goes 4 rounds only.

They do have secondary ranking by the actual participants....you get to grade everyone's draft...but by definition, it's in the eye of the beholder, so that's flawed too.

Anyway, it's supposed to be all in good fun and it does get you up to speed on the players out there.
Let me know if a couple of you want to go for it.
I also fine just skipping it.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Good morning, fellas! JC, is it difficult doing it? Have you participated before?

And yes, Green Mile is a wonderful film. I'm gonna watch it again this weekend with the little one. I think it's fine to share with an 11 year old.

Last edited:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
My little boy is getting into photography. It's so awesome. I love taking beautiful photos on hikes, close ups of flowers, shots of rainbows, using trees as a framing device, etc, and I always do it with him when we go. He now is doing it on his own. He also just made honor roll. This child still calls me daddy and holds my hand in public.

He is an angel from God.

DFWJC

Reaction score
My little boy is getting into photography. It's so awesome. I love taking beautiful photos on hikes, close ups of flowers, shots of rainbows, using trees as a framing device, etc, and I always do it with him when we go. He now is doing it on his own. He also just made honor roll. This child still calls me daddy and holds my hand in public.

He is an angel from God.
like:clap:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Good morning, fellas! JC, is it difficult doing it? Have you participated before?

And yes, Green Mile is a wonderful film. I'm gonna watch it again this weekend with the little one. I think it's fine to share with an 11 year old.
You just have to be somewhat available on the day of the draft....or at least at or near the time that your pick is coming up.
I think he allows 15 minutes per pick in the 1st round, 10 in the second, and 8 in the 3rd and 4th. Most people don't take nearly that long, as they already have a few players they would take if available.
26 teams are already taken...including Dallas

So if you take New England, for example, you would be picking 31st or 32nd. You'd have to look up what their draft needs are and also just get an idea of who the best players out there are. Picking that late, you probably wouldn't even go until early afternoon.
They keep the draft results updated and they also PM you when you're getting ready to be on the clock.

It's pretty easy, but you do have to do a little research ....don't want to pick a 5th round player in the 1st round, for example.
The various rankings on cbs and other places that rank 200-300 players is a good place to start. Plus various mocks out there.

Like I said; I wasn't planning to do it this year. But if we get 3-4 of us in on it, it might be more fun.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
You just have to be somewhat available on the day of the draft....or at least at or near the time that your pick is coming up.
I think he allows 15 minutes per pick in the 1st round, 10 in the second, and 8 in the 3rd and 4th. Most people don't take nearly that long, as they already have a few players they would take if available.
26 teams are already taken...including Dallas

So if you take New England, for example, you would be picking 31st or 32nd. You'd have to look up what their draft needs are and also just get an idea of who the best players out there are. Picking that late, you probably wouldn't even go until early afternoon.
They keep the draft results updated and they also PM you when you're getting ready to be on the clock.

It's pretty easy, but you do have to do a little research ....don't want to pick a 5th round player in the 1st round, for example.
The various rankings on cbs and other places that rank 200-300 players is a good place to start. Plus various mocks out there.

Like I said; I wasn't planning to do it this year. But if we get 3-4 of us in on it, it might be more fun.
I'm scared! LOL Never been a draftnik type, JC. I mean, it seams easy enough knowing what a team needs, and finding websites ranking the draft order (player order, that is), but I haven't the faintest on the gems of the draft, the special players that fly under the radar, etc.

I might be in tho, **** it. If you are lol I get the Pats! :)

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'm scared! LOL Never been a draftnik type, JC. I mean, it seams easy enough knowing what a team needs, and finding websites ranking the draft order (player order, that is), but I haven't the faintest on the gems of the draft, the special players that fly under the radar, etc.

I might be in tho, **** it. If you are lol I get the Pats! :)
It's as easy as you describe.
And the way they run this thing, you don't really benefit from finding the hidden gems because they grade you on where the player you took was actually taken.
It's flawed that way, but easier.
The grading part is secondary anyway. It's more just the fun a being in the thick of it as the Cowboy Zone draft unfolds. Plus, it's really way before the real draft...like in February sometime. So a ton changes between then and the real deal.
You do come away knowing more about one other team besides Dallas. And, it does make you more familiar wit the players in general.

It's up to you all. I'm not doing it this year unless we get a couple of guys from Trouty's Pub in there. lol

I'm fine either way, brother.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Here are the teams and people who have taken them so far. So 9 teams untaken. Heck they may not even get them filled anyway.

1. Cleveland Browns - unionjack8
2. San Francisco 49ers - L-O-Jete
3. Chicago Bears - Killerinstinct
4. Jacksonville Jaguars - Plankton
5. Tennessee Titans (L.A. Rams) - tm1119
6. New York Jets - hipfake08
7. Los Angeles Chargers - MichaelWinicki
8. Carolina Panthers - DBOY3141
9. Cincinnati Bengals - Questfor6
10. Buffalo Bills - Yuma Cactus
11. New Orleans Saints - DK30
12. Cleveland Browns (Philadelphia) - unionjack8
13. Arizona Cardinals - Vero_F250
14. Philadelphia Eagles (Minnesota) - Risen Star
15. Indianapolis Colts - RandyOh
16. Baltimore Ravens - Alexander
17. Washington Commanders -
18. Tennessee Titans - tm1119
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -
20. Denver Broncos - Oh_Canada
21. Detroit Lions -
22. Miami Dolphins -

23. New York Giants - McLovin
24. Oakland Raiders - ABQCOWBOY
25. Houston Texans -
26. Seattle Seahawks -

27. Kansas City Chiefs - Teague31
28. Dallas Cowboys - Chris In Arizona
29. Green Bay Packers -
30. Pittsburgh Steelers - garrett316
31. Atlanta Falcons -
32. New England Patriots -

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I'm gonna sign up right now and take the Pats. They're probably the easiest to draft for. People look at their position and think "yikes" but Belichick is pretty predictable.

I'm in. Going now to sign up.

Status
Not open for further replies.