Reaction score
I know how you work...

tenor.gif
:lmao:thats hilarious!
That's and good'en:thumbup:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I see Sarge opened up this morning. Getting ready to hit the road. Pork ribs and brisket, waiting for me in Salt Lick! That sounds kinda Redneckish. Lol
Have a good one boys!
Salt Lick! My 1st marriage was there... Damn, I was so tired, at the end of that day.
They made tea and somehow pickle juice got in... It was a hilarious mess!

Love that place. When I was a kid, my ma sent me to a camp right across the street of the OG location to learn horseback riding.
I can bareback from that place. By the third week a counselor put me on a problem horse because, I'm sure, I was a cocky emmer effer, but I had that B riding like Madre de Dios by the end of our encounter.

Of course, I was raised on a farm and me grandpa was a Blue Ribbon polo player... Although he gave us nothing, even through hurricanes and losing our horses, cows and single-wide, when fought to get whatever we could back.

My heart, my soul goes out to those in South Texas. . I love you all.

Oh no... the Texas Spirit is starting to talk.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I've been considering getting a crossbow. I enjoy shooting. I'm a regular at the local ranges, but recently I've been going for things that are a bit out of the norm.
I'm a crack shot with a bow. My mother's old boyfriend had me hunting with a bow (never composite) from when I was 10. I used to be able to hit a cardinal's head at 30 yards, no problem.

The last thing I was playing around with was a hunter's slingshot. No sight. I'm now able to score a hit on squirrels, with a semi-favorable efficient hit ratio at 15 yards, but I'm pretty much done with this, after clearing out my brother-in-law's squirrel problem on his farm. That's a lie: his squirrel problem will never go away with a simpleton shooting a slingshot, but I culled a few, for sure. The problem is shooting with a slingshot is fine, but annoying after several shots. Now I'm eyeballing a crossbow, for hunting. Hey! You never know when **** may hit the fan and I like having alternative methods of... whatever it is I like doing with these kinds of things- from hitting targets to hunting.

Does anybody here have any experience with crossbows and have any suggestions for me? I'm scouring Amazon and related sites on the subject, but some real expertise from people I know and respect would be nice also before I make any significant purchases.

I started out with like a 45lb pull weight recurve stick bow but being a lefty and it being a right hand bow with the arrow placed on the right side it tended to be more of a ZEN thing with me hitting anything,,, now with my left hand compound with ranged sight pins I'm in the 'kill zone" regularly,,, I had one of those folding wrist rocket sling shots when I spent 2 months in mt. Homes ID.,,, the manager was a ' dot' Indian at the MOTEL,, on Sundays I'd be so bored, I'd go down stairs and take his push lawn mower away from him and cut the grass around the motel,,well we got to be kinda like friends and he'd give me all the booze people were leaving in the rooms when they checked out,,,all kinds of off the wall beers,that most weren't fit for consumption in my view,,I'd cut the shot from a half dozen #4 buckshot shells and would toss those full cans of beer over the balcony into the grass by the pool and 'pop' them with that slingshot,,,it was hilarious as sometimes I'd be drinking with whoever was staying there and hanging out ,,, I'd go something like this: hey, man! Wanna see something kinda cool? They'd sure!,,,o.k. hold my beer,,,I'd drop one over the side and poof! Usually a 2 foot stream of beer foam would shoot up,,, now shooting pretty much straight down, you have to hold your aim below the target, I'd got to where I'd pop that nasty skunky beers first time,every time:lmao:
Never played around with a crossbow, though:)

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Salt Lick! My 1st marriage was there... Damn, I was so tired, at the end of that day.
They made tea and somehow pickle juice got in... It was a hilarious mess!

Love that place. When I was a kid, my ma sent me to a camp right across the street of the OG location to learn horseback riding.
I can bareback from that place. By the third week a counselor put me on a problem horse because, I'm sure, I was a cocky emmer effer, but I had that B riding like Madre de Dios by the end of our encounter.

Of course, I was raised on a farm and me grandpa was a Blue Ribbon polo player... Although he gave us nothing, even through hurricanes and losing our horses, cows and single-wide, when fought to get whatever we could back.

My heart, my soul goes out to those in South Texas. . I love you all.

Oh no... the Texas Spirit is starting to talk.
Salud!

Corso

Reaction score
I started out with like a 45lb pull weight recurve stick bow but being a lefty and it being a right hand bow with the arrow placed on the right side it tended to be more of a ZEN thing with me hitting anything,,, now with my left hand compound with ranged sight pins I'm in the 'kill zone" regularly,,, I had one of those folding wrist rocket sling shots when I spent 2 months in mt. Homes ID.,,, the manager was a ' dot' Indian at the MOTEL,, on Sundays I'd be so bored, I'd go down stairs and take his push lawn mower away from him and cut the grass around the motel,,well we got to be kinda like friends and he'd give me all the booze people were leaving in the rooms when they checked out,,,all kinds of off the wall beers,that most weren't fit for consumption in my view,,I'd cut the shot from a half dozen #4 buckshot shells and would toss those full cans of beer over the balcony into the grass by the pool and 'pop' them with that slingshot,,,it was hilarious as sometimes I'd be drinking with whoever was staying there and hanging out ,,, I'd go something like this: hey, man! Wanna see something kinda cool? They'd sure!,,,o.k. hold my beer,,,I'd drop one over the side and poof! Usually a 2 foot stream of beer foam would shoot up,,, now shooting pretty much straight down, you have to hold your aim below the target, I'd got to where I'd pop that nasty skunky beers first time,every time:lmao:
Never played around with a crossbow, though:)
SO there with you bud... lefty here also. And one of my 1st jobs was with a dude who ran a group of dudes that did maintenance on the co-ops for UT. I used push mowers way more than I would have liked.
We would get too drunk together... I know it. We should never get together physically.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
SO there with you bud... lefty here also. And one of my 1st jobs was with a dude who ran a group of dudes that did maintenance on the co-ops for UT. I used push mowers way more than I would have liked.
We would get too drunk together... I know it. We should never get together physically.
Copy That,Bro!,,
,:lmao::lmao2::lmao: and I used to tool thru El Paso kinda regular;) when I'd had the main hub in Waco:thumbup:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What's up boys, been glued to the TV all day. Watched the game again this morning and then it's been all weather channel.

Corso

Reaction score
Copy That,Bro!,,
,:lmao::lmao2::lmao: and I used to tool thru El Paso kinda regular;) when I'd had the main hub in Waco:thumbup:
Next time you're around- hit me up. We'll have some laughs, for sure. Just gotta be each other's advocate... oh hell, we're going to jail.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Next time you're around- hit me up. We'll have some laughs, for sure. Just gotta be each other's advocate... oh hell, we're going to jail.
:lmao2::lmao::lmao2:
That wouldn't be nothing new,for two ol cats like uso_O

Status
Not open for further replies.