I love me some Andy Dalton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
To claim Dak isn't a starting caliber QB is silly, however, Dalton is the best back up in the NFL so our fortunes won't be affected much.

This is exactly how I feel. Dak, at very least, is a top 8 QB in the league. We can definitely have a sane argument about whether or not he is worth the money he might have gotten in his next deal, but "starting quality???" The OP has to be a troll, or simply has no clue about football.

But, yes, I am very happy that we have the best backup QB in the league. I was a Romo fan, I am a Dak fan, and I am also a Dalton fan, because I am a Cowboys fan, and I like when we have good QB play from men of high character.

Flamma

Reaction score
Good luck. Now we'll see if Red Rifle has enough or we'll see why Cincy drafted Burrows?

Dalton is Dalton, even at his best, was anyone that impressed? But I wouldn't go by that crap Cinci team he was on last year, Burrow isn't exactly racking up wins either. Drafting Burrow was a no brainer however. They're going for an elite qb that they currently didn't have.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope Dalton can come in and help this team win. Dalton will need to step up and take charge of the team and it will fall to Moore to put in plays that better suite Dalton. My big concern with Dalton is he is playing behind a makeshift OL and lacks mobility. These are the cards the Cowboys have been dealt and they need Dalton to go out and get it done. As for Dak I expect a full recovery and expect him to be back leading this team next season

Yes they will now have the entire week to create a game plan for Dalton's strength and weakness. And not just a one week deal. They will work in other things as the season progresses.

Slick

Reaction score
They need to start looking at who's going to stay and who will be gone. The money decisions need to be made this year, and they need to build up a much better defense.

Gaede

Reaction score
Can't wait to see all the excuses for Dalton from this seemingly lost group of fans.

Dak literally set an NFL record through the first 4 games of the season and you think that's not starting calibre. Seriously, *** is wrong with you?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yes they will now have the entire week to create a gameplay for Dalton's strength and weakness. And not just a one week deal. They will work in other things as the season progresses.

I agree, Dalton is no rookie so I expect vet play from him. I have looked at Dalton as the guy brought here in case Dak were to get injured, well now it has happened and Dalton will have to lead this team.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Please stop the trolling guys or the thread will be deleted.

I wish all the best for Dak still i am happy we finally have a starting caliber QB.
thats trolling statement if ive ever heard one.. Daltons not better then Dak but its nice the FO made this move and got rid of Rush..Rush would have lost that game last night..

so applaud the Fo for go getting a true vet backup that can play..outside of the fumbled snap 9/11 111 was a nice start..

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can't wait to see all the excuses for Dalton from this seemingly lost group of fans.

Dak literally set an NFL record through the first 4 games of the season and you think that's not starting calibre. Seriously, *** is wrong with you?
9-7... 10-6.... 8-8 and 1-3 with 1 playoff win in 4 years omg how do we live without all this Dak-Glory???:confused:

Doomsday101

Reaction score

I am a Dak fan and fully expect his return as the starting QB next season. However he is now gone for the season and Dalton is the man the Cowboys will need to lean on, I hope he does. We have the weapons for him to have success and we need Dalton to come in and do the job. That is football and when all is said and done it is the success of the Cowboys football team that matters most.

Reactions: CWR

blueblood70

Reaction score
the Ginger savior has arrived..will he be our Foles and rebound this season ?

can he play DB?

the only positive that comes from getting AD behind center is KM will have to utilize Zeke/Pollard and come with a well designed run game plan that uses AD as a compliment ..no way you put AD back there in these pass happy game plans..

this could be a blessing in disguise because better TOP safer game plan will also help the defense..

Im not happy Dak got hurt but if theres a positive in any of it we were already 1-3 headed to a possible loss with Dak , so AD if he can simply be a bus driver , will force KM to use Zeke and Pollard the way he should have all year..

I know teams will come overloading boxes and then we can open it up with PA

CWR

Reaction score
I am a Dak fan and fully expect his return as the starting QB next season. However he is not gone for the season and Dalton is the man the Cowboys will need to lean on, I hope he does. We have the weapons for him to have success and we need Dalton to come in and do the job. That is football and when all is said and done it is the success of the Cowboys football team that matters most.

Absolutely, I'm happy we have the Red Rocket. We came close to drafting him years ago or so thats the rumor, Russ Wilson as well lol

Gaede

Reaction score
9-7... 10-6.... 8-8 and 1-3 with 1 playoff win in 4 years omg how do we live without all this Dak-Glory???:confused:
Yup, those records are entirely on Dak. Not the fact that we had a middling head coach and Allen Hurns at WR. Also, it's funny how you skipped his record-setting, OROY-winning, 13-3 rookie season. As if that didn't happen.

Jokes on me though; I should know better than to engage with the likes of you

Gaede

Reaction score
I am a Dak fan and fully expect his return as the starting QB next season. However he is now gone for the season and Dalton is the man the Cowboys will need to lean on, I hope he does. We have the weapons for him to have success and we need Dalton to come in and do the job. That is football and when all is said and done it is the success of the Cowboys football team that matters most.

Oh totally, I'm cheering for Dalton just like I was for Dak, and Romo, and Bledsoe, and Testeverde, and Quincy and so on and so on.

But it's plainly obvious that some fans are irrationally biased against Dak, despite literally years of evidence proving them wrong. And it's going to be maddening to see them put their blinders on for the likes of Andy Dalton.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Let's see what he can do with this team? What if he gets more wins than Dak. That's the only thing that matters.

He looked pretty good yesterday. Better than Dak. Same number of wins with this team. Makes no difference anyway, this season is over for your guy.

Only vs teams with winning records does it count. Giants don't count. Dak haters rules. Same for Dalton. And zero turnovers too.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Oh totally, I'm cheering for Dalton just like I was for Dak, and Romo, and Bledsoe, and Testeverde, and Quincy and so on and so on.

But it's plainly obvious that some fans are irrationally biased against Dak, despite literally years of evidence proving them wrong.

I'm to the point of not caring what they think. For me I have no need to Trash Dalton because I like Dak. I still like Dak and fully expect him to be back next season but right now this is Dalton team to run on offense and we need him to go out and do the job.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Dalton will turn out to be a major upgrade over Prescott.......patience we will know soonest!

Then he has to get the team to a SB, if he is a major upgrade, meaning he's elite. That's is the criteria you use for Dak. He had to win a SB. Same for Dalton. If not, he is a stat padder.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
You're happy for a much lesser QB? We finally have a starting caliber QB???

Screenshot-20200716-113733-Chrome.jpg

:facepalm:

You should've shown this to the 49ers before they benched Jimmy G yesterday.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Now some of the same fans who refused to support Dak, are hoping that all Cowboys fans will now unite behind Andy Dalton. I guess that there will be those who cut Dalton a lot more slack than they were ever willing to cut Dak.

Status
Not open for further replies.