I noticed we have lost some Dak, detractors

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Well, at the parties I get invited to, it's usually more of a wash tub.

il_570xN.1726052940_8dka.jpg

I could totally buy that from you...stir me up some Purple Drank...I be feeling clean!

robertfchew

Reaction score
I just don’t really care at this point.

Jones’s sold out to mediocrity and being relevant.. They know they did too and fans applauded them while they did it.

I’ll just wait a few years before I can start to believe again I guess.

Not till the crypt keeper is gone. I don't really wish ill on the man but hes the sole reason this team has sucked for so long. He got rid of jimmy, still cant draft, refused to stand up to goodell on the "uncapped year" bs or the dez catch debacle. Jerry sucked but he was still the richest most powerful owner and wimped out when getting punked by goodell multiple times. Moral of the story is we will never win until hes gone.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
He watched the same game but with out the homer glasses on.

Haha you didnt need homer glasses to see Dak is better than Alex Smith. A homer would say Dak is top 5 at this point. Which seems as crazy as those that say Dak is garbage and anyone can replace him.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don’t think it’s about overpaying. I think it’s about not having the players it fit the scheme you wanna play. Hay coach take the players make it work

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Overpaying what 5 million It means nothing in the long run. Every quarterback gets 30 35 million what’s wrong with another five. For a player here or there. It’s just an excuse

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What's hilarious is that the Dak humpers think that signing a contract is some sort of win for them. FYI, he's the only one getting the money, not you, and paying him doesn't mean anything on the field. Nothing has changed.

We all knew Jerry would sign Dak because he and his son don't have a single other idea. They lucked into Romo and and screwed that up. Then they lucked into Dak when they failed to trade up to draft Paxton Lynch or Connor Cook like they wanted to, and they're not about to guess on quarterbacks again.

We've watched Jerry slobber over Quincy Carter, Chad Hutchinson, and Drew Henson like they were the second coming. We watched Parcells have to explain to Jerry why Hutch was a loser and needed to be cut, and why Henson wasn't an NFL quarterback. Parcells identified Romo, who Jerry paid no mind to.

We've watched Jerry pay huge contracts to quarterbacks that he didn't even want out of college, or even when they first got here.

This franchise is run by inbred drunken hillbillies who loaded up the truck and moved to Beverly. Football isn't really their thing.
Fans that constantly put down the team, FO and players are not fans in my book. I get being critical, but constantly being a negative nancy?!? Not a fan in my book. And!!! I'm not talking about you, so don't get your panties in a wad, unless, you think I am. If that's the case, then blame yourself, not me?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry and a lot of fans have zero confidence in scouting QBs and developing them to the point where he paying $40 million a year out of fear that he can’t find another QB which makes me wonder why he is wasting money on scouting and player development.
Maybe those guys told Jerry to sign him......hmmmm

erod

Reaction score
Fans that constantly put down the team, FO and players are not fans in my book. I get being critical, but constantly being a negative nancy?!? Not a fan in my book. And!!! I'm not talking about you, so don't get your panties in a wad, unless, you think I am. If that's the case, then blame yourself, not me?
I was never the negative Cowboys fan until these past few years.

There is literally nothing redeeming about this franchise. The way it's run, the way players comport themselves, the all talk and no walk way they go about things, nothing.

I hate what they've become considering what I grew up with in the 70s, 80s, and early 90s.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
So do I, but I'm not a fan of making it harder on ourselves.

But don't worry, it's the off season. It will start back up once the season comes back, IMO.
Valid point, but the people that hate Dak, there is nothing he can do to win people over. Not even going undefeated, winning the Superbowl, and not throwing interceptions the whole season, it will be about the supporting cast carrying him and any QB could have done it in that offense. I am not sure if we overpaid for Dak, there are definitely contracts on the books that I hate a lot more like Zeke, Lawrence, and Jaylon Smith.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

There is literally nothing redeeming about this franchise. The way it's run, the way players comport themselves, the all talk and no walk way they go about things, nothing.

I hate what they've become considering what I grew up with in the 70s, 80s, and early 90s.
I get it....

Trajan

Reaction score
I don’t think it’s about overpaying. I think it’s about not having the players it fit the scheme you wanna play. Hay coach take the players make it work

I don't think anyone knows what the scheme or plan is, outside of try to get good players and hope they do something. Really, did Garrett have a "scheme" for the entire organization, a goal a plan ? Does Jerry, other then get press and make money ?

The only kinda plan I see is some really bad version of the 90's Cowboys, where we get big linemen and try to run the ball. That goes out the window fast when we start to lose.

jnday

Reaction score
Did you watch the first 5 games last season? Dak was one of the few bright spots and kept the Cowboys in those games. Yes he had a few turnovers but Dak kept us competitive. He was also in the MVP discussion at that point. All pretty telling.
Are you kidding? The only game where Dallas was competitive was the Atlanta game and it took a special teams flop by Atlanta to to keep that game competitive.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
What's hilarious is that the Dak humpers think that signing a contract is some sort of win for them. FYI, he's the only one getting the money, not you, and paying him doesn't mean anything on the field. Nothing has changed.

We all knew Jerry would sign Dak because he and his son don't have a single other idea. They lucked into Romo and and screwed that up. Then they lucked into Dak when they failed to trade up to draft Paxton Lynch or Connor Cook like they wanted to, and they're not about to guess on quarterbacks again.

We've watched Jerry slobber over Quincy Carter, Chad Hutchinson, and Drew Henson like they were the second coming. We watched Parcells have to explain to Jerry why Hutch was a loser and needed to be cut, and why Henson wasn't an NFL quarterback. Parcells identified Romo, who Jerry paid no mind to.

We've watched Jerry pay huge contracts to quarterbacks that he didn't even want out of college, or even when they first got here.

This franchise is run by inbred drunken hillbillies who loaded up the truck and moved to Beverly. Football isn't really their thing.
:lmao::lmao2::lmao:

,,,Er,,,:starspin::angry::starspin:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Valid point, but the people that hate Dak, there is nothing he can do to win people over. Not even going undefeated, winning the Superbowl, and not throwing interceptions the whole season, it will be about the supporting cast carrying him and any QB could have done it in that offense. I am not sure if we overpaid for Dak, there are definitely contracts on the books that I hate a lot more like Zeke, Lawrence, and Jaylon Smith.

He can win a Championship or even a Conference Championship. That would do it.

kskboys

Reaction score

Same here. I was borderline homer on the old boards. The 09 draft changed me.

kskboys

Reaction score
The thoughts on Dak by most fans are basically in limbo at present.