I question the maturity, focus and mental toughness of this operation

aikemirv

Reaction score
bbailey423;1846417 said:
every team says that after they lose..all I know is on every interception Romo was throwing it to receivers that were NOT open. Sure he missed some throws....that happens every game. But you do not score 6 points by mistake. And their are plenty of other top notch defensive minds that we will have to face if we want the trophy. It is not hard to eliminate a WR from a game if you have a good defensive scheme. We better start keeping the defense off balance with a little bit of running

Lets just say that I will take their word over someones who did not get to see any game film.

You have nothing but a TV screen to base your opinion on and the only thing you see in a pass play is the receiver as he breaks to catch the ball:rolleyes:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
bbailey423;1846402 said:
how so...

You start one of these threads every few weeks ....

Last week it was the Defense is not fine

Before that it was Newman is not worth big money

Before that it was the Defense again

Before that it was Romo is not worth big money.

And before that it was how Parcells teams where more focused than this years (which is basically the same thing you are saying now and is totally crazy)

You are an alarmist buddy ..... which is fine ....just try to enjoy the ride a little.

links18

Reaction score
Not sure why everyone thinks we would have had any more success running the ball? The running game has been marginal at best all year outside of the 4th quarter with a lead. Remember the Chicago game when we couldn't get it going until we basically abandoned the run and went almost exclusively to the air? Fact is with the exception of a few games this team has had a tough time getting it going only to start rolling in the 2nd half. That formula didn't work this time.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
BDD_panic_button.jpg

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
smarta5150;1846592 said:
^^ Thats it, I am going to go cry in my corner now. TTYguys around midnight :(

Take some tissue for those tears and dingle berry! Tears before dingleberrys with the same tissue of course!:laugh2:

I'm sorry, I gotta stop now!:D

Peace out homie!:)

TheHerd

Reaction score
bbailey423;1846417 said:
every team says that after they lose..all I know is on every interception Romo was throwing it to receivers that were NOT open. Sure he missed some throws....that happens every game. But you do not score 6 points by mistake. And their are plenty of other top notch defensive minds that we will have to face if we want the trophy. It is not hard to eliminate a WR from a game if you have a good defensive scheme. We better start keeping the defense off balance with a little bit of running

You don't need game film, the TV version was fine. On the first play, Owens is wide open for a TD, Romo overthrew him by a lot.

At one goal line play, Owens is coming on a crossing pattern with no one covering him, Romo threw the ball too early and it fell incomplete. If Tony wait another 1/2 second TO is clear of everyone and walks into the endzone.

There's 14 easy points. There are plenty of other incredibly bad throws, but I hate long responses. I don't know what Tony's problem was, but he seemed antsy in the pocket and his throws were sailing.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
zrinkill;1846452 said:
You start one of these threads every few weeks ....

Last week it was the Defense is not fine

Before that it was Newman is not worth big money

Before that it was the Defense again

Before that it was Romo is not worth big money.

And before that it was how Parcells teams where more focused than this years (which is basically the same thing you are saying now and is totally crazy)

You are an alarmist buddy ..... which is fine ....just try to enjoy the ride a little.
let's be factual here....I said Parcells did not tolerate the stupid penalties like Kevin Burnett go that could have cost us a game...and I think we are still one of the worst penalized teams in the NFL

I simpley asked the Zoners if Terrance Newman was worth Nate Clemments money...and I think it is a fair question...I LOVE Newman...but I admit he always leaves me saying "almost"....he again dropped a pick 6.

I said I am very concerned about the defense against spread offenses...and I am not the only one...Sean Salibury has already stated we cannot beat the Packers because they will spread us out and torch us....of course I do not hope this happens...but it is a legitimate concern

I never said Romo was not worth big money...I was just responding to rumors that he was asking for Peyton Manning money...which he is and was not worth

To sum it up....the chances for this team are so good I can taste. We are ALL starving for the big prize...and as a lifelong fan, I am just hoping some of these things can get cleaned up because I truly feel we will not win the big prize if they don't. And yes, I started this thread because I do NOT think Carolina is going to lay down for us and I am concerend that the Cowboys are not taking them serious enough.

jman

Reaction score
The Panthers are licking their chops to have another division leader come to town...with 12 Pro Bowlers in tow. They need to be the focus. In case you missed it...the basically owned the Seahawks last week.

In case you missed it that happens almost every week. Not saying they won’t or can't beat the Cowboys, but please...You are being a little dramatic don't ya think.

The Pats and maybe even the Pack are sitting back laughing at all the dumb stuff we are talking about that has nothing to do with the game Saturday.

My guess us they are too worried about their own business to worry about little ole Jessica and the "Jinx”. You don't give enough credit that other teams may have more important things to think about than the childish crap the media dishes out.

I am grateful for the season we are having....but in all honesty...

But in all honestly, not matter what the Cowboys do; it will never be enough for some fans. This is after all a football team and not an ego boost or about a cities reputation are about defending your manhood. Live a little, enjoy the moment.
All in all, you are way over thinking this.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think even if the 'boys won it all, that folks would still find flaws with how they won the game. Probably even have a problem with how they lifted the Lombardi trophy, too.

/random thought off

zeromaster

Reaction score
Some people just can't enjoy life I guess. Something about that dark cloud.

In reality, I think it's that some people want to be the first to say "I was right about [insert topic here]". What the award is for that, I don't know.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Harsh, but true.

And, enevitably, the myopic and naive (idiots) will say: We are 12-2!
It could easily be 10-4 or even 9-5 and struggling to win the weak NFC East.

12-2 or 14-2 won't do you any good if you show up at the playoffs with an inconsistent defense and the specter of a Romo having a day like in Buffalo or Detroit.

12-2? Hooray!
But the real season begins in the playoffs.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;1846677 said:
Harsh, but true.

12-2 or 14-2 won't do you any good if you show up at the playoffs with an inconsistent defense and the specter of a Romo having a day like in Buffalo or Detroit.

12-2? Hooray!

What?

12-2 is a fact. I have never heard of anyone being called an idiot and/or naive for stating a fact.

Struggling to win the NFC East? We are 4-1 in our division?

We could easily be 10-4? Besides the Eagles, we have beaten every would-be pretender to the NFC throne (ya know, those that will be in the Playoffs) by double digits?

Tony Romo leads an unbelieveable comeback against the Lions, a team we traditionally struggle against, lays an egg against the Eagles, after destroying them at their house the last time, and the guy is bum and/or lacks focus and maturity?

Why can't you guys just relax and enjoy the 12-2 ride? It isn't like we are always 12-2 ;) .

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
bbailey423;1846630 said:
I said I am very concerned about the defense against spread offenses...and I am not the only one...Sean Salibury has already stated we cannot beat the Packers because they will spread us out and torch us....

Dallas has already beaten Green Bay; therefore, Salisbury is wrong if your recollection of his statement is correct.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Harsh, but true.

12-2? Hooray!

Myopic is an inability to identify and comprehend the entire body of work.

Myopic is an inability to see past one game or a handful of plays.

Any team can "easily" have one or two additional losses. Of course, any team can "easily" have one or two additional wins as well. In fact, Dallas could more "easily" be 13-1 than 10-4.

As Troy Aikman said earlier today, the vast majority of games are decided by one possession. Good teams capitalize on that one possession opportunity. Bad teams don't.

But every team (with the exception of one, possibly two) loses from time to time and no team is perfect, even the dynastic Cowboy teams of the 90s.

I'll be concerned when losing becomes a trend. Not before.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
burmafrd;1846355 said:
Wade has done a great job so far- untill last week. The team was not really ready- you have contingency plans for if your QB is having a bad day, etc. The boys did NOT adjust. And it showed.
This week he needs to wake them up and show that he really is the man in charge. He can start with telling redball to run the ball more.

It's funny, all season I have read how great it is that Phillips lets Garrett do his job without meddling which Parcells would have done. Now we lose one game and people want him to meddle.

Go figure.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Harsh, but true.

12-2? Hooray!
The Patriots could also easily be 11-3 or 10-4 and struggling to earn a bye in the "weak" AFC. What's your point?

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1846700 said:
It's funny, all season I have read how great it is that Phillips lets Garrett do his job without meddling which Parcells would have done. Now we lose one game and people want him to meddle.

Go figure.
Here is how I honestly think some people think after a Cowboys game

win: We're ok but (litany of reasons why we are not perfect in evry possible way)

loss:It's freaking Armageddon and we're likely to take a hellacious beating next week, if we lose to x we don't deserve to be in the playoffs, etc...