I question the maturity, focus and mental toughness of this operation

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
You never know what is going to happen when you start a season..and I doubt anybody would have predicted that we would be where we are right now. Mainly because we had a 1st year full time starter at QB, new head coach....new first time defensive coordinator...new first time offensive coordinator. But we are in the moment now, and I don't think we are as prepared for this becaue while players all say their goal is the Super Bowl..the facts are we have not even won a playoff game in over a decade..so achieving that would be a first step.

And this as not just a shot at the players...I question the coaches as well. I was distrubed to hear Wade suggest in hindsight we should have run the ball more...I mean, most knoweldgable fans were sitting in their living room screaming that....but was Wade afraid to question Garrett? I mean who is the Head Coach here? And it was also very disturbing to hear the Eagles players suggest the Cowboys did not restpect them. Is it just talk from a team going nowhere after they beat you..probably to a degree, but I think their is some truth to it. And it is being validated this week when all everyone wants to talk about is Jessica Simpson, Roy's suspension, rash of injuries and whether or not we agree with the horsecollar rule. The media can ask all the stupid questions they want, but a mature focused team would deflect and say they are here to talk about the Carolina Panthers...the Eagles game is gone...the suspension has been handed out....the injured guys are going to sit and the next guy needs to come in and play.

The Panthers are licking their chops to have another division leader come to town...with 12 Pro Bowlers in tow. They need to be the focus. In case you missed it...the basically owned the Seahawks last week.

The Pats and maybe even the Pack are sitting back laughing at all the dumb stuff we are talking about that has nothing to do with the game Saturday.

I am greatful for the season we are having....but in all honesty...we have the talent to be in the position we are in..especially in the NFC, but I am not sure we have a grasp on how desperatley everyone wants to knock that grin off Romos face..or how desperatley people want to see our 12 Pro Bowlers put in their place..or how desperatley people want to see Wade fail because this is Parcells team

We better get our mind right and understand that we get everyone best shot and if we do not match thier intesinty on the practice field, in constructing the game plan, in the film room, and finally on the field...we can and will have our entire season come crashing down and NO ONE will care that we were 12-2 at one point...no one will allow us to use the first year head coach, qb and coordinators as an excuse....it is time to focus on playing for the prize

sago1

Reaction score
Agree. Our team needs to understand, and so should the coaching staff, that the Cowboys will get everyone's best game. It's been that way for years but even more so now since we 12-2 and still the favorite to go to the SB. The Cowboys need to play their best football on both sides of the ball along with as much intensity as possible. They need to look at the Panthers as the first team they facing in the playoffs, followed by the Skins as the 2nd team. Then they get a week off before the playoffs really begin.

canters

Reaction score
The Panthers are very beatable. They have won just one game at home, IIRC.

If we cannot beat them straight up, even with our injuries, we will have officcial cause to be concerned. We should win this game without much effort.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Wade has done a great job so far- untill last week. The team was not really ready- you have contingency plans for if your QB is having a bad day, etc. The boys did NOT adjust. And it showed.
This week he needs to wake them up and show that he really is the man in charge. He can start with telling redball to run the ball more.

alancdc

Reaction score
I agree that it would be great to be focused every game, but is that realistic? Even the PATRIOTS have had a few games where they didn't seem to be "dialed in" on who they were playing. They were held, in reality, to 2 foeld goals against the Jets this weekend. We played a division game at home against a very proud football team and lost. Hopefully, we can win out and have home field, but I don't know that it is some reflection on the team.

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
bbailey423;1846257 said:
You never know what is going to happen when you start a season..and I doubt anybody would have predicted that we would be where we are right now. Mainly because we had a 1st year full time starter at QB, new head coach....new first time defensive coordinator...new first time offensive coordinator. But we are in the moment now, and I don't think we are as prepared for this becaue while players all say their goal is the Super Bowl..the facts are we have not even won a playoff game in over a decade..so achieving that would be a first step.

And this as not just a shot at the players...I question the coaches as well. I was distrubed to hear Wade suggest in hindsight we should have run the ball more...I mean, most knoweldgable fans were sitting in their living room screaming that....but was Wade afraid to question Garrett? I mean who is the Head Coach here? And it was also very disturbing to hear the Eagles players suggest the Cowboys did not restpect them. Is it just talk from a team going nowhere after they beat you..probably to a degree, but I think their is some truth to it. And it is being validated this week when all everyone wants to talk about is Jessica Simpson, Roy's suspension, rash of injuries and whether or not we agree with the horsecollar rule. The media can ask all the stupid questions they want, but a mature focused team would deflect and say they are here to talk about the Carolina Panthers...the Eagles game is gone...the suspension has been handed out....the injured guys are going to sit and the next guy needs to come in and play.

The Panthers are licking their chops to have another division leader come to town...with 12 Pro Bowlers in tow. They need to be the focus. In case you missed it...the basically owned the Seahawks last week.

The Pats and maybe even the Pack are sitting back laughing at all the dumb stuff we are talking about that has nothing to do with the game Saturday.

I am greatful for the season we are having....but in all honesty...we have the talent to be in the position we are in..especially in the NFC, but I am not sure we have a grasp on how desperatley everyone wants to knock that grin off Romos face..or how desperatley people want to see our 12 Pro Bowlers put in their place..or how desperatley people want to see Wade fail because this is Parcells team

We better get our mind right and understand that we get everyone best shot and if we do not match thier intesinty on the practice field, in constructing the game plan, in the film room, and finally on the field...we can and will have our entire season come crashing down and NO ONE will care that we were 12-2 at one point...no one will allow us to use the first year head coach, qb and coordinators as an excuse....it is time to focus on playing for the prize

Good post, I myself have had these kinds of concerns about the team. I guess time will tell.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Why? We lost one game.

There was really only one person that had an absolutely atrocious game, and that was Tony Romo.

Just about every other unit, especially the defense was fine.

aikemirv

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1846386 said:
Why? We lost one game.

There was really only one person that had an absolutely atrocious game, and that was Tony Romo.

Just about every other unit, especially the defense was fine.

Exactly, if Romo is on we win that game by 2 TD's easy

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bbailey423;1846257 said:
Yes they did.

We better be ready or will be in another battle like last week.

aikemirv

Reaction score
bbailey423;1846257 said:

If you listened to the PC Wade said in hindsight that maybe they should have run the ball more but he also said that WR's were getting open and they had opportunities.

In that realm, if I were him I would still think that Romo, with the year he has had, is going to hit one of them. Lets face it, I don't think, other than at the end of the game, that we have had a drive predicated on the run all year long.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
zrinkill;1846391 said:
how so...you guys need to stop chalking this up to Romo was off...the Cowboys WRs have been stifled since the end of the 1st half against Green Bay...I think teams realize that Romo reads the field well and playing zones against us is not a good idea..it leaves openings for players who otherwise cannot get seperation to find open spots on the field. Hurd and Crayton really cannot get real seperation and it is disrupting Romo...which is why Witten has gotten loose. So if some of you fans want to chalk it up as a bad day go right ahead..but there is plenty of film on the Cowboys...the 2nd time you see a team you always are going to get a different look. Which is why all of that can be nullified if we run the ball.....we were terrible on 3rd down because of the down and distance. Teams are at your mercy when it is 3rd and 4. But the down and distance was in the favor of the defense and the Eagles came right after us.

This is something else I hope Crayton and his agent consider when negotiating a contract..Crayton thrives because of the presence of the other weapons around him....hopefully he will not leave ala Alvin Harper and realize how good he had it in dallas. And hopefully Dallas does not buckle and pay him an absurd amount of money

aikemirv

Reaction score
bbailey423;1846402 said:
how so...you guys need to stop chalking this up to Romo was off...the Cowboys WRs have been stifled since the end of the 1st half against Green Bay...I think teams realize that Romo reads the field well and playing zones against us is not a good idea..it leaves openings for players who otherwise cannot get seperation to find open spots on the field. Hurd and Crayton really cannot get real seperation and it is disrupting Romo...which is why Witten has gotten loose. So if some of you fans want to chalk it up as a bad day go right ahead..but there is plenty of film on the Cowboys...the 2nd time you see a team you always are going to get a different look. Which is why all of that can be nullified if we run the ball.....we were terrible on 3rd down because of the down and distance. Teams are at your mercy when it is 3rd and 4. But the down and distance was in the favor of the defense and the Eagles came right after us.

This is something else I hope Crayton and his agent consider when negotiating a contract..Crayton thrives because of the presence of the other weapons around him....hopefully he will not leave ala Alvin Harper and realize how good he had it in dallas. And hopefully Dallas does not buckle and pay him an absurd amount of money

Tell that to the coaches. Wade said there were a lot of open receivers on Sunday.

Did you get to see game film?

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
aikemirv;1846410 said:
Tell that to the coaches. Wade said there were a lot of open receivers on Sunday.

Did you get to see game film?
every team says that after they lose..all I know is on every interception Romo was throwing it to receivers that were NOT open. Sure he missed some throws....that happens every game. But you do not score 6 points by mistake. And their are plenty of other top notch defensive minds that we will have to face if we want the trophy. It is not hard to eliminate a WR from a game if you have a good defensive scheme. We better start keeping the defense off balance with a little bit of running

alancdc

Reaction score
bbailey423;1846402 said:

Did we even punt against the Lions?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I just see lack of execution.

Are you ready... here are some "If's"

IF we could have evened out the TOP against NE... the game is atleast alot closer.

IF we connect on one or two plays... we dont lose to the Eagles.

So I dont that "maturity, focus and mental toughness" play into whats going on in the losses.

TO said it best... its good that the loss happened now... if it was the playoffs we would be done..... we can correct alot of what we need and not have us cost us the playoffs.