I ran Daks's numbers again

Aftershock

Reaction score
YUP its not just dak oits all the above that chart is useless and full of holes. foirst it has 10 games to 6 nothing about road vs home and missing the other players and groups numbers that would show why dak may have performed poorly.

dak didn't get 14 penalties, dak didn't miss blocks, dak didn't drop passes, dak didn't have sunlight blind a wr, dak didnt give up points on the first 4 drives in the first half, dak doesn't pay defense, miss xps and Fgs, or call plays nor does he account for the officials' mistakes.

maybe not. But dak
Can’t read defenses
Can’t hit wide open swing routes to RBs (two Zeke drops)
Doesn’t know time management
Doesn’t know proper QB sliding technique
Poor pocket awareness
Poor footwork

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
not a slice of anything,

dak didn't get 14 penalties, dak didn't miss blocks, dak didn't drop passes, dak didn't have sunlight blind a wr, dak didnt give up points on the first 4 drives in the first half, dak doesn't pay defense, miss xps and Fgs, or call plays nor does he account for the officials' mistakes.

you seem butthurt its not getting the response you hoped.

Ok so you have established that Dak didn’t do a lot of things, well what did he do? I’ll wait for your answer….

glimmerman

Reaction score
how about now run the entire teams numbers

each player and group to show all the penalties and mistakes THEY ALL Made which also contributed to daks issues particularly the Offensive line. If not this is useless flawed and for sure a troll hater post when the team had issues in those games as well.

missing far too much info to blame dak..got it
That’s like the grades of our individual O-Linemen. They grade high. But as a unit they stunk the place up.

They rushed 4 Sunday and he ran for his life. You have a OC that refuses to call outside or off tackle runs and abandons it and calls pass after pass that made us look like the #1 Offense by stat. But stuff the 5 up the gut runs he calls and all a good team has to do is drop in coverage. Our O-Line has us using 2 of our O-Linemen blocking 1 rusher. No wonder we can’t block 4. If he called slants or quick passes he could have made the defense change.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Ok so you have established that Dak didn’t do a lot of things, well what did he do? I’ll wait for your answer….

Its funny though, what did any of them do? Again Dak certainly deserves credit for the loss but I dont remeber him ever being on the field alone...It looked like it on some plays but he was for sure 1 of 11 on the field.

glimmerman

Reaction score
This entire team ducks into a hole when it comes to playoff games. Dak is one of many players who can't seem to grab the spotlight when it's at it's brightest.
Was hoping to see Parsons all over jimmy g. Quinn didn’t bring him like he did against wft.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I don’t think numbers matter when it comes to our QB.

Whether his numbers are good or bad all you need to know is the guy goes into a shell when the going gets tough and we need his arm to win us football games.

Like Jimmy G, you can win games with Dak types as long as the run game is strong and explosive. But don’t ask this type of QB to win you games even when paying them 40 million a year.

He’s not that kind of QB.

He won the Pats game with his arm. Seen him do it. They finished as the #4 defense in DVOA.

He's inconsistent, for sure, but he does have the ability.

RS12

Reaction score
Stop with the numbers. What do your eyes tell you? Mine tell me he doesnt get it done when the lights are bright. Not a doubt in my mind that Staubach, Aikman and even Danny White win that game on Sunday. Go back to the Eagle game in 2019 last game of year against their crippled defense and couldnt get in the endzone. Same old QB.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Stop with the numbers. What do your eyes tell you? Mine tell me he doesnt get it done when the lights are bright. Not a doubt in my mind that Staubach, Aikman and even Danny White win that game on Sunday. Go back to the Eagle game in 2019 last game of year against their crippled defense and couldnt get in the endzone. Same old QB.

None of them win that game with this current team and the penalties and performance they gave...

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
None of them win that game with this current team and the penalties and performance they gave...
You don't really believe that.

I refuse to believe you think "Well if Dak couldn't do it then neither could Aikman or Staubach" as if Dak is some kind of great player.

I mean, really?

Cas2800

Reaction score
Here it is: NFC East v. the rest of the schedule. Again, take what you want from them.

9SExk4D.jpg
What are his numbers like in the 6 losses?

johneric8

Reaction score
The only real positive I can see coming from this failed end to the season is that if the coaches and management are looking at Dak realistically, they should easily be able to see that he will never be Mahomes or Rogers at this point in his career.

Up until this point, I believe that Jerry has believed that Dak was on the level of Rogers and guys like that and could win on his arm, but I think this season answered those questions finally.

So this happening, has moved the rationale on the types of players we need to draft and the style of play we absolutely have to adopt. Lets look back at some of the Quarterbacks that have won superbowls. We have Nick Foles, Russell Wilson, Joe Flacco, Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Ben Roethlisberger, etc... Of course we have quite a few more great Qb's whom have won superbowls, but these are guys that have won that aren't much better than Dak and in some cases worse in my opinion..

I know, I know, Dak hasn't been able to put the team on his back, he just isn't that type of guy, although some could argue that without the stupid penalties and terrible oline he might of done much better? This brings me to my next point in saying that we have to build a stronger oline no matter what, no stone can be left unturned...

If we want a shot at advancing in the playoffs it's going to take the entire team, and we certainly won't win with Dak with him not having time. Why did Brady go to Tampa? It's easy, he knew that he would be protected. Another thing to consider is that Dak is going to look at what teams did this year and find ways to improve along with a better scheme to help him get rid of the ball quicker to open up the passing game..

At the end of the day, we're all fans of this team, so we have to look at whatever possibilities or scenarios we can to have hope and improve the team. Hey, if Big Mike improves the team, there is no reason we can't make another jump..

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Te EVERYONE that is butthurt over the post, chill out.

I wasn't looking for your agreement, but was asked to compare division games against non-division.

I understand there is more to the game, this is just one slice.
I'm curious how it compares to other QBs.
We hear "doesn't have a good record against winning teams" but that's another stat that is basically universal among all QBs, minus the Bradys and Rodgers.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
You don't really believe that.

I refuse to believe you think "Well if Dak couldn't do it then neither could Aikman or Staubach" as if Dak is some kind of great player.

I mean, really?

Yeah look at how those QB's won and lost...if they had that kinda of performance from a team those QB's lost also....Thats not saying they are not better than Dak, but i watched all of them play on teams that were not the same as thier Champ teams and they lost with those teams.....Again Maybe you were not old enough to see it but Roger was great and still lost games...even played bad games. You dont win playoff games that have the * Most penalties in the playoffs next to them. Unless your blaming the QB for the penalties, and you could be I guess

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
know, I know, Dak hasn't been able to put the team on his back, he just isn't that type of guy, although some could argue that without the stupid penalties and terrible oline he might of done much better? This brings me to my next point in saying that we have to build a stronger oline no matter what, no stone can be left unturned...

agree. DAK is the QB regardless.

We need to ensure teams cannot get significant pressure rushing 4. That is the crux of the problem.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Amazing in the first 7 games how well we played. Even won the next game with Rush. Not sure if Dak was hurt worse than we thought or we couldn’t run the ball after that or if teams realized we couldn’t run the ball and changed the way they played us. Maybe bellycheat laid out a blue print for teams to look at.. We had O-Line injuries that hampered for a while. Maybe teams realized after Pollard was injured we weren’t running outside..

Dak had some bad games for sure. After the injury he didn’t want to run the ball but that wasn’t the single thing.. This team has to get back to basics. Execute and run. Inside and outside. When you look at the games and realize your running better off tackle and outside but don’t do it then your HC should say something. When your O-Line is playing sloppy and can’t block then O-Line coach needs to do something or the HC needs to fire his buddy and do something..

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Yeah look at how those QB's won and lost...if they had that kinda of performance from a team those QB's lost also....Thats not saying they are not better than Dak, but i watched all of them play on teams that were not the same as thier Champ teams and they lost with those teams.....Again Maybe you were not old enough to see it but Roger was great and still lost games...even played bad games. You dont win playoff games that have the * Most penalties in the playoffs next to them. Unless your blaming the QB for the penalties, and you could be I guess
If Dak plays average against the 49ers we win that game.

I just can't believe that after watching this guy fail for 6 years over and over and play horrible against basically any above .500 competition he faces that some can really think "Well, if Dak couldn't do it then Aikman or Staubach couldn't do it either".

That's crazy thinking.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Amazing in the first 7 games how well we played. Even won the next game with Rush. Not sure if Dak was hurt worse than we thought or we couldn’t run the ball after that or if teams realized we couldn’t run the ball and changed the way they played us. Maybe bellycheat laid out a blue print for teams to look at.. We had O-Line injuries that hampered for a while. Maybe teams realized after Pollard was injured we weren’t running outside..

KM for sure needs to be walking the plank first...and again I question anyone who says we have a top O-line...

Denim Chicken

Reaction score

Teams realized that they could rush just 4 an get consistent pressure.
They could drop more into coverage which Dak could not handle or diagnose the disguises.
Dallas couldn't run against a light box.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
This entire team ducks into a hole when it comes to playoff games. Dak is one of many players who can't seem to grab the spotlight when it's at it's brightest.

The team follows their leader, you know the greatest leader the world has ever seen on a football field, Dak "the leader" Prescott. He folds like a cheap lawn chair when the chips are down so the rest of the team folds. But hey, he did con $500.00 out of each player for the PS, so there is that!