I ran Daks's numbers again

jnday

Reaction score
horrible chart fits narrative i see..lol
dak didn't get 14 penalties, dak didn't miss blocks, dak didn't drop passes, dak didn't have sunlight blind a wr, dak didnt give up points on the first 4 drives in the first half, dak doesn't play defense, miss xps and Fgs, or call plays nor does he account for the officials' mistakes.
The rest of the team didn’t hold on to the ball too long, couldn’t read defenses, couldn’t find wide open WRs, threw horrible passes, etc and takes up a huge amount of the salary cap.

glimmerman

Reaction score
KM for sure needs to be walking the plank first...and again I question anyone who says we have a top O-line...
Only individual grades. Not as a unit. Our O-Line coach had is double teaming 1 rusher. No wonder there was a free guy coming through..

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
If Dak plays average against the 49ers we win that game.

I just can't believe that after watching this guy fail for 6 years over and over and play horrible against basically any above .500 competition he faces that some can really think "Well, if Dak couldn't do it then Aikman or Staubach couldn't do it either".

That's crazy thinking.

Again thats because you think this team has "Top weapons" still, I watched those QB's play with teams that were not as good as the teams they won with and they lost...explain that to me...how did they lose? Again they are all better than Dak as I have said, BUT they can not "Lift a team" and overcome the mistakes this team made last Sunday. Your the delusional one who still thinks Cooper is a top WR just needs A-rod because all top WR need A-rod or they suck..right?

glimmerman

Reaction score
Teams realized that they could rush just 4 an get consistent pressure.
They could drop more into coverage which Dak could not handle or diagnose the disguises.
Dallas couldn't run against a light box.
Which in the past 5 or 6 years we would have eaten up a light box.

75boyz

Reaction score
None of them win that game with this current team and the penalties and performance they gave...

Weird.
Mahommes was harassed all night, sacked 3 times yet dropped 5 tds and 400 yds on the Steelers.

If you watch Burrow at all he ain't exactly got a bulldozing oline protecting him either.

I follow your line of thinking as to complimentary football and units doing their part.

My difference in opinion with yours is that there are the elite QBs who overcome less than perfect personnel and game circumstances while also elevating the rest of the team's overall performance.

This last point has been continuously proven at least in my eyes over the last 6 years, that he needs a lot more support to be successful.

Jimmy Johnson ain't a hater. Just telling the truth.

Just my opinion.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Which in the past 5 or 6 years we would have eaten up a light box.

Exactly, which is why Dak was successful. If you fix the OL and RB he can perform.

He is not good when facing pressure with extra defenders in the backfield.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Weird.
Mahommes was harassed all night, sacked 6 times yet dropped 5 tds and 400 yds on the Steelers.

If you watch Burrow at all he ain't exactly got a bulldozing oline protecting him either.

I follow your line of thinking as to complimentary football and units doing their part.

My difference in opinion with yours is that there are the elite QBs who overcome less than perfect personnel and game circumstances while also elevating the rest of the team's overall performance.

This last point has been continuously proven at least in my eyes over the last 6 years, that he needs a lot more support to be successful.

Jimmy Johnson ain't a hater. Just telling the truth.

Just my opinion.

Again I'm talking about one game...I dont think Dak is close to as good, I also find it funny that some here really believe STILL that the top players on this team need A-rod to be top players...it works both ways to me...Dak deserves this blame, and certainly deserves his pay in question for the return...but so do all the other "Top players" on this team. Why does Amari need A-rod to see his potential..Lamb..the O-line again both ways they are all to blame to me.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Weird.
Mahommes was harassed all night, sacked 6 times yet dropped 5 tds and 400 yds on the Steelers.

And Dak was one of the best performers against the blitz.

Why?

Because when teams rushed more than 4 he could find open receivers.

cowboyec

Reaction score
the only numbers that matter is that score board.
we lost another big game because our stars didnt play like stars.
1-3 in the playoffs these last 6yrs.
not good enough.

johneric8

Reaction score
agree. DAK is the QB regardless.

We need to ensure teams cannot get significant pressure rushing 4. That is the crux of the problem.

Yes, I will not lose complete hope ever.. It was fun season with a bad ending, but the silver lining is Dak has been exposed finally.
Keep in mind that when I say exposed, I'm talking about the fact that he can't carry the team on his own, and he absolutely needs way
better protection if we want any success.

Lets not forget the running game either, it's paramount that we can build a tough smart running game again! I've watched some of the all 22
film on the last game and zeke ran into the pile with no vision most of the time, he is pretty bad at this point.. We cannot afford to have a running
game that isn't functioning well, we just can't...

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
If Dak plays average against the 49ers we win that game.

I just can't believe that after watching this guy fail for 6 years over and over and play horrible against basically any above .500 competition he faces that some can really think "Well, if Dak couldn't do it then Aikman or Staubach couldn't do it either".

That's crazy thinking.

If you asked any of those QB's what will kill an offense quicker than anything, they will tell you pre snap penalties...its really that simple. Tory has always and still does preach staying ahead of the chains.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Here it is: NFC East v. the rest of the schedule. Again, take what you want from them.

9SExk4D.jpg
hate to ask, but can you add opponent win loss record or strength of schedule....

75boyz

Reaction score
Again I'm talking about one game...I dont think Dak is close to as good, I also find it funny that some here really believe STILL that the top players on this team need A-rod to be top players...it works both ways to me...Dak deserves this blame, and certainly deserves his pay in question for the return...but so do all the other "Top players" on this team. Why does Amari need A-rod to see his potential..Lamb..the O-line again both ways they are all to blame to me.

Again, I can't disagree with your examples of how each player's performance is dependent upon variables of team mate performance.

But this is also where I believe certain fans like myself believe the QB IS more responsible and should be held accountable for the lion's share of offensive success or failure.
It's why he's the highest paid position.
He is in control of the ball on every single snap.
He has the ability to change to a different play at any given snap.

While it is a TEAM game,
and my point is not in minimizing your opinion of how all parts work together but to emphasize that there are several QBs whose individual performance, regardless of circumstance or personnel situation are able to run a very successful offense.

More simply, in my opinion, there are a handful of QBs or possibly a couple more than that even, that could take this current team's roster farther than this current guy can whereas I believe your opinion is probably no other QB could do any better no?

If I'm jumping to conclusions here, my bad and my apologies.

No worries.

Just another opinion

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
I don’t think numbers matter when it comes to our QB.

Whether his numbers are good or bad all you need to know is the guy goes into a shell when the going gets tough and we need his arm to win us football games.

Like Jimmy G, you can win games with Dak types as long as the run game is strong and explosive. But don’t ask this type of QB to win you games even when paying them 40 million a year.

He’s not that kind of QB.

that’s not true though. He won us the Seattle playoff game. He played well against GB the year we lost to them. He has not been right since the Denver game and that is a mystery to me.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
Its funny though, what did any of them do? Again Dak certainly deserves credit for the loss but I dont remeber him ever being on the field alone...It looked like it on some plays but he was for sure 1 of 11 on the field.

Can’t argue with you on that….

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
that’s not true though. He won us the Seattle playoff game. He played well against GB the year we lost to them. He has not been right since the Denver game and that is a mystery to me.

What’s not true?

We won the Seattle playoff game because we were miles better than them. It’s been so long but I remember running on them to win it and not really using Dak’s arm.

What does it matter though? 6 seasons and he has 1 wildcard win against an inferior opponent.

If Joe Burrow wins this week he will have more playoff wins in his 2nd season than Dak has had in 6 seasons. Unbelievable. He also will have done it behind one of the worst offensive lines in football that can’t protect him at all.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Again, I can't disagree with your examples of how each player's performance is dependent upon variables of team mate performance.

But this is also where I believe certain fans like myself believe the QB IS more responsible and should be held accountable for the lion's share of offensive success or failure.
It's why he's the highest paid position.
He is in control of the ball on every single snap.
He has the ability to change to a different play at any given snap.

While it is a TEAM game,
and my point is not in minimizing your opinion of how all parts work together but to emphasize that there are several QBs whose individual performance, regardless of circumstance or personnel situation are able to run a very successful offense.

More simply, in my opinion, there are a handful of QBs or possibly a couple more than that even, that could take this current team's roster farther than this current guy can whereas I believe your opinion is probably no other QB could do any better no?

If I'm jumping to conclusions here, my bad and my apologies.

No worries.

Just another opinion

No I have said there are better QB's...In this ONE GAME the penalties would give any QB fits...as a whole yes there are QB's that would produce better I dont think many but there are some. But Again which of those QB's can you get? Why would any of them come here for this...Do you think A-rod looks at this team and says "Wow if only i could switch my top WR for Cooper"? no..Im for moving on but not just the QB as none of our top players have played like top players in big games...