Video: I really like Center Alex Lindstrom

fivetwos

Reaction score
He has been
Sounds good. I'm not at all rooting against the guy.

Was solid in the first part of last year, then his play dropped off as other changes were made along the OL. That's anyone's guess as to why from a fans point of view.

He is capable for sure, let's see it....but I think Farinok beats him out in camp. JMO.

In the end we just need better and/or more consistent center play. The name of the guy that provides that means nothing to me as long as one of them does.

fansince68

Reaction score
I really like Lindstrom as well. But I wouldn’t sleep on James Empey making the team / practice squad. NBC Sports’ Mike Florio reportsthat the former four-year starter at BYU signed a guaranteed $110,000 free-agent contract with the Dallas Cowboys. By just signing the contract, Empey earned a $10,000 signing bonus.

Four year starter at center At 6-foot-4, 297-pounds, Empey follows in his father’s footsteps, Mike Empey. After concluding an accomplished career at BYU in the early 90s, the elder Empey also signed an undrafted free agent deal with the Cowboys in 1993.
Lots of attention being paid at the center position. I guess the FO sees what we see. Bidasz is not good....

Creeper

Reaction score
Biadasz's biggest weakness, IMO, is his processing. He seems to make a lot of mental mistakes blocking the wrong guy and stuff like that. Lindstrom doesn't hav to show much to beat Biadasz in that area of the game. But Biadasz was already going to get tough competition from Farniok who showed something in preseason and in that final game against the Eagles. This preseason is going to be a great to watch the offensive line battles.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Hes been here 2 years and should have done that already same as Conner Williams when he was here.....no pun intended
I dont disagree. I think there's a decent chance he has peaked strength wise.

I said that exact thing last September when people were complaining about him getting pushed around in pass blocking and I got blasted for it.

Usually any dramatic improvement in strength is seen between year one and two, but I still wouldn't rule out him getting better overall in other ways.

ESisback

Reaction score
interesting battle in TC,we are only keeping 2 Centers and1 will make the PS.Biadaaz needs to be better than all 4 to keep the starting job.
Farniok, Empey and Lindstrom will compete with Biadaaz (spelling), but who’s the fourth? Competition is good! IMHO, we’ll improve at C. If they can coach some penalties out of Tyler Smith at LG, and Smith can play healthy, our OL could possibly rebound big time.

garyv

Reaction score
I dont disagree. I think there's a decent chance he has peaked strength wise.

I said that exact thing last September when people were complaining about him getting pushed around in pass blocking and I got blasted for it.

Usually any dramatic improvement in strength is seen between year one and two, but I still wouldn't rule out him getting better overall in other ways.

The thing about base is they can improve it to a degree but having that base to begin with really makes the big difference

blueblood70

Reaction score
Really like what I see in this kid, he comes from a good program that has produced good OL players and looks like he could battle for a spot on this team

so did Biasdsz:omg::laugh: dude won an award for best center in the big 10 in what year before he was drafted..:popcorn:

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'm pulling for him to improve as for awards great but we have seen Heisman winnings not make it in the NFL. Hope to see him improve,
dont toot the horn of an UDFA saying he came from an Offensive lineman school and site stats and credentials when TB was better, picked higher, and being but overly hated around here.

i guarantee camps and ps wont tell the story when rosters are finalized and all the real games with all their starters lining up over our OL with schemes being run, will we truly know if they have the goods.

weve seen camp superstars barely make rosters and never start...

Last edited:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
dont toot the horn of an UDFA saying he came from an Offensive lineman and site stats and credentials when TB was better, picked higher, and being but overly hated around here. i guarantee camps and ps wont tell the story when rosters are finalized and all the real games with all their starters lining up over our OL with schemes being run, will we truly know if they have the goods.

weve seen camp superstars barely make rosters and never start...

Not "tooting" any ones horn. I said I like Lindstrom and think he has a chance to make the team. I don't expect him to start. As for UDFA or draft pick, I don't care it comes down to actually getting out there and doing the job. Hell there are many UDFA who have played in the NFL with great success. Where you got drafted means nothing at this stage. I hope Biadaz comes out and plays great I hope he shows he is improved. So I'm not against him.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Not "tooting" any ones horn. I said I like Lindstrom and think he has a chance to make the team. I don't expect him to start. As for UDFA or draft pick, I don't care it comes down to actually getting out there and doing the job. Hell there are many UDFA who have played in the NFL with great success. Where you got drafted means nothing at this stage. I hope Biadaz comes out and plays great I hope he shows he is improved. So I'm not against him.
the posts that followed your because your opened up that can of worms act like Biadsz would simply lose his job and we both know it will take more then a solid camp top do so, real games are the only way to judge players..now if one of ANY OF THESE new player or layer like Ball or Farniok are out there just bulldozing and pancaking guys all camp and preseason they could take someone's job for sure..they cant just look good they would have to be eye opening for a coach to make changes that aren't regular season live game issues.

i hope this is a very active camp and young guys push some vets. Either push them to eb better or push them out.

AyeAtey

Reaction score
That's a position of concern, hope everyone in the mix make for better play.
Go Oline, Go Boys!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
the posts that followed your because your opened up that can of worms act like Biadsz would simply lose his job and we both know it will take more then a solid camp top do so, real games are the only way to judge players..now if one of ANY OF THESE new player or layer like Ball or Farniok are out there just bulldozing and pancaking guys all camp and preseason they could take someone's job for sure..they cant just look good they would have to be eye opening for a coach to make changes that aren't regular season live game issues.

i hope this is a very active camp and young guys push some vets. Either push them to eb better or push them out.

I never said he would lose his job, yes he must improve getting his butt pushed back has gotten old. I want to see him moving people out of the middle and opening holes. If he can't do that and someone else shows they can then great put that player in. I'm not anti any players but I do expect players to get out there and do the job, period