Video: I really like Center Alex Lindstrom

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. this guy looks good, doesn't look like he gets pushed around and knows his assignment.

At present, Alec Lindstrom's ace-in-the-hole is his intelligence and having good knowledge of offensive play calling. He may be assigned to work on his strength via being put on a weightlifting regimen. I'm hoping to see him gain enough weight to aid his blocking ability for the pro level of play. There will be DTs in pro football that stand a size and strength advantage. Weight training should help in that area of his development. Here's hoping the intense competition brings out the best in whomever earns the center spot.

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm hoping the coaching staff conducts an unbiased and intense competition between the available candidates to compete.

That actually seems the best way to arrive at determining who performs the most capably to qualify for the Center position.

Conducting the testing in that manner should serve to bring out the best in everyone in line, chosen to compete for the job.

Last edited:

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I really like Lindstrom as well. But I wouldn’t sleep on James Empey making the team / practice squad. NBC Sports’ Mike Florio reportsthat the former four-year starter at BYU signed a guaranteed $110,000 free-agent contract with the Dallas Cowboys. By just signing the contract, Empey earned a $10,000 signing bonus.

Four year starter at center At 6-foot-4, 297-pounds, Empey follows in his father’s footsteps, Mike Empey. After concluding an accomplished career at BYU in the early 90s, the elder Empey also signed an undrafted free agent deal with the Cowboys in 1993.

I really like Empey, too.

They did well bringing in young competition, if they weren't going to draft them.

They may have seen several centers as guys they liked and thought their chances were better at getting good centers rather than other positions.

Not sure I saw it that way. But Empey is a nice prospect, as is Lindstrom... I think right now the center position still looks like a C+. I would like to see that improved to a B, and I'd be happy for this year.

The ideal situation, though, would be that we make a trade. Or find one in free agency.

Good post.

I agree with not writing him off, but they sure brought in a lot of competition.

As they should have.

He's not guaranteed to improve.

Last edited: