I really like Jalen Brooks!

J-man

Reaction score
He's out playing Tolbert for sure. Can he replace #13 is the question? He's one WR that will most likely be out after the season.

Gambit

Reaction score
Tolbert doesn't go get the football when the passes are contested, he is too passive of a receiver.
I'm not sure we've seen a large enough sample size to definitely say doesn't, but there was one play yesterday where I said he needs to be more aggressive and fight for that ball more.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I'm not sure we've seen a large enough sample size to definitely say doesn't, but there was one play yesterday where I said he needs to be more aggressive and fight for that ball more.
I think he's been a disappointment, but yesterday nobody was getting separation. That was a scheme issue. I think we got a basic offense due to time being spent on the TGiving game.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Cowboys need to target a good sized speedster with quickness, explosiveness and good hands who get open in order to assist CeeDee Lamb next year. The Texas Longhorns have a few receivers who fit the mold.

I am hoping M. Bryant still has something left in the tank and can contribute down the stretch.
I agree with finding a WR in the draft at the moment, but to get most out of what the roster has this season is the challenge. Maybe Gallup n Turpin provide enough going forward. If not, who do we trust out of Tolbert, Brooks n Bryant?

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
I'm not real clear on that spreadsheet. Everything I've heard is that Cooks is a 1 year rental. Is he still under contract for 2024, but it'll only cost us $6m to cut him after this season?
They extended Cooks. If we cut him out right this off-season we gain a couple million, more if we designate him as a post-June 1st cut.
Very similar situation to Gallup.
Personally, I think Cooks stays one more year and Gallup is gone.

rambo2

Reaction score
What are you, his agent or something? Tolbert is the definition of a JAG.
You said he can't catch which is totally ignorant. He had an outstanding training camp. He catches the ball. Their receiver group is good across the board including Tolbert and Brooks.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I am really liking what I am seeing from him, who's with me?? I would love to see him get some more targets. I feel like he is a great route runner and has nice hands, how do you guys see us using him more? Between Lamb, Cooks, Gallup, and Tolbert this may be our weapon X, or our Bland on offense..
Turpin's becoming the bland of the O , my man hes becoming more and more of weapon for MM who BTW seems to luv calling pays for KT,

so he if anyone will get increased targets,..hard to find targets for Brooks but yes he's a nice find for the future or in an emergency,

blueblood70

Reaction score
They extended Cooks. If we cut him out right this off-season we gain a couple million, more if we designate him as a post-June 1st cut.
Very similar situation to Gallup.
Personally, I think Cooks stays one more year and Gallup is gone.
I don't think they're going to cut anyone...

why waste money when players can produce, we're not in that big a hurry to get some of these new kids end of this offense Just yet.... I believe that Michael Gallup's been getting better and there's no reason to cut him we're not saving a lot of money and like what is he making $4 million or eight next year I know they restructured it this year but for that price he's worth keeping imho

I mean if they get into a situation where they're desperate to find cap space sure one of those two might be gone but I don't see them in a rush to do it this is a fan thing you guys think that they think the same way you all do that is not how they think they prefer veterans Mike McCarthy Prescott in this group has a very small window but that window still open and they rather roll with proven veterans then young people if they can help it...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Can't catch? Lol. I love these posts.
They said that about schoonmaker last week they literally said he couldn't even catch a cold and this dude has been getting hit in traffic and holding on the balls but that's what people around here they create false narratives and just think that they're correct and they're very wrong all these guys have had some big drops this year every single player on our team has dropped the football at one point or another....

blueblood70

Reaction score
No way in hell he runs a 4.69......That's Jason Witten's 40 time.
Yeah but that's what he's listed at online and you know how that can get wrong if he had a bad day at his pro day, he had a hamstring or something...

the guy definitely looks faster than that on the field and maybe it's just his route running at that first step can get you separation and then you start at your peak top speed you just look fast I mean Michael Irvin wasn't that fast or other guys they just got open and sometimes getting open makes you look fast could I see fast guys can't run routes and if the other team knows you're all gonna be good for a nine round they're gonna set way off you and by the time they throw the ball you're not gonna get much separation either... But if they're not expecting it and you can get them off the line you look faster than you really are but I agree with you his football speed looks more natural and faster than 4.69...

found this online,

Brooks' best official 40 time was 4.69 seconds. He jumped 35 inches in the vertical. His broad jump was 10-feet, 10-inches. He ran 7.15 in the 3-cone and 4.31 in the 20-yard shuttle.Mar 4, 2023

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
You said he can't catch which is totally ignorant. He had an outstanding training camp. He catches the ball. Their receiver group is good across the board including Tolbert and Brooks.
OK let me be more clear. I think he is an average player and had trouble catching in yesterday's game.

I also don't give a crap if he played well in training camp. During the games, he has had trouble getting open and hasn't looked like he does anything particularly well.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah but that's what he's listed at online and you know how that can get wrong if he had a bad day at his pro day, he had a hamstring or something...

the guy definitely looks faster than that on the field and maybe it's just his route running at that first step can get you separation and then you start at your peak top speed you just look fast I mean Michael Irvin wasn't that fast or other guys they just got open and sometimes getting open makes you look fast could I see fast guys can't run routes and if the other team knows you're all gonna be good for a nine round they're gonna set way off you and by the time they throw the ball you're not gonna get much separation either... But if they're not expecting it and you can get them off the line you look faster than you really are but I agree with you his football speed looks more natural and faster than 4.69...

found this online,

Brooks' best official 40 time was 4.69 seconds. He jumped 35 inches in the vertical. His broad jump was 10-feet, 10-inches. He ran 7.15 in the 3-cone and 4.31 in the 20-yard shuttle.Mar 4, 2023
Oh I believe those are his reported numbers i'm just saying watching him first thing you notice is his speed.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Oh I believe those are his reported numbers i'm just saying watching him first thing you notice is his speed.
Well, we all know the difference when people say football speed that's what I'm saying his first step, in and out of breaks,& his routes, they may be so crisp and clean that he looks faster than he is I mean we see it all over the field there are guys that are just look fast that doesn't mean they're fast in the 40...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well, we all know the difference when people say football speed that's what I'm saying his first step, in and out of breaks,& his routes, they may be so crisp and clean that he looks faster than he is I mean we see it all over the field there are guys that are just look fast that doesn't mean they're fast in the 40...
4.69 is incredibly slow though. That's just a bad 40 time.