I really like Jalen Brooks!

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
He's out playing Tolbert for sure. Can he replace #13 is the question? He's one WR that will most likely be out after the season.

What in the world are y’all talking about?

Seriously, he’s got 4 catches for 38 yards and now I’m hearing he’s a better route runner.

rambo2

Reaction score
OK let me be more clear. I think he is an average player and had trouble catching in yesterday's game.

I also don't give a crap if he played well in training camp. During the games, he has had trouble getting open and hasn't looked like he does anything particularly well.
You aren't much of a scout. Give us a report on Schoonmaker.
OK let me be more clear. I think he is an average player and had trouble catching in yesterday's game.

I also don't give a crap if he played well in training camp. During the games, he has had trouble getting open and hasn't looked like he does anything particularly well.
You may not give a crap, but you are totally wrong about Tolbert's catching ability. Tolbert actually is moving up, he got 5 more snaps than Gallup.

Elusiv1

Reaction score
Turpin's becoming the bland of the O , my man hes becoming more and more of weapon for MM who BTW seems to luv calling pays for KT,

so he if anyone will get increased targets,..hard to find targets for Brooks but yes he's a nice find for the future or in an emergency,
I agree on Turpin you are exactly right, only thing stopping Turpin from getting into the end zone is Turpin himself!!lol .He is do damn fast that sometimes he just gets tripped up or runs into a blocker!!lol. He is definitely coming on strong, like what I've been seeing from him! Go Cowboys

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
You aren't much of a scout. Give us a report on Schoonmaker.

You may not give a crap, but you are totally wrong about Tolbert's catching ability. Tolbert actually is moving up, he got 5 more snaps than Gallup.
Obviously I'm not a scout. I'm a dude on football forum. I don't know **** about ****. Who said I did?!

Let's say I'm wrong about his catching ability. Am I wrong about his lack of separation?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I really liked Jalen Brooks, too. To me, he's a bit like DaRon Bland. I've been praising Bland since last year. I knew he would be good since the first time I saw him play. I just didn't know how good.

I think Jalen Brooks has the same elements. He reminds me of Cooper Kupp in a lot of ways. Just needs another year of maturing time. But he'll take a huge leap next year. You just watch.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Obviously I'm not a scout. I'm a dude on football forum. I don't know **** about ****. Who said I did?!

Let's say I'm wrong about his catching ability. Am I wrong about his lack of separation?
I'm not a scout either. But I did cut my scouting chops with a professional baseball scout for the Astros. So I tend to have a leg up on most, on the whole, if i put my time and mind on it. At least I like to think that. I still realize I'm not perfect, and I see others who may have more ability than me. Or at least I try to keep my opinions open to feedback and criticism. That's the thing though. If you're going to do it, it at least takes a little bit of time.

We all like to think we know scouting more than others. It's almost as entertaining as football season. But I don't do it year-round like some of these guys. If I was actually a pro, then obviously. But I'm not. From what I understand, it's a tough field to crack. I would love to pick McClay's brain though. Even just for fun.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I agree on Turpin you are exactly right, only thing stopping Turpin from getting into the end zone is Turpin himself!!lol .He is do damn fast that sometimes he just gets tripped up or runs into a blocker!!lol. He is definitely coming on strong, like what I've been seeing from him! Go Cowboys
maybe brings a little bit of that Kelvin Martin thing that the 90s teams he's a returner does some decent things at wide receiver etc etc

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I am really liking what I am seeing from him, who's with me?? I would love to see him get some more targets. I feel like he is a great route runner and has nice hands, how do you guys see us using him more? Between Lamb, Cooks, Gallup, and Tolbert this may be our weapon X, or our Bland on offense..

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I am really liking what I am seeing from him, who's with me?? I would love to see him get some more targets. I feel like he is a great route runner and has nice hands, how do you guys see us using him more? Between Lamb, Cooks, Gallup, and Tolbert this may be our weapon X, or our Bland on offense..
Just as long as he's getting plays called for him, and not just being a blocking dummy like on the one play

rambo2

Reaction score

Yes, you are wrong.

HanD

Reaction score
Yeah but that's what he's listed at online and you know how that can get wrong if he had a bad day at his pro day, he had a hamstring or something...

the guy definitely looks faster than that on the field and maybe it's just his route running at that first step can get you separation and then you start at your peak top speed you just look fast I mean Michael Irvin wasn't that fast or other guys they just got open and sometimes getting open makes you look fast could I see fast guys can't run routes and if the other team knows you're all gonna be good for a nine round they're gonna set way off you and by the time they throw the ball you're not gonna get much separation either... But if they're not expecting it and you can get them off the line you look faster than you really are but I agree with you his football speed looks more natural and faster than 4.69...

found this online,

Brooks' best official 40 time was 4.69 seconds. He jumped 35 inches in the vertical. His broad jump was 10-feet, 10-inches. He ran 7.15 in the 3-cone and 4.31 in the 20-yard shuttle.Mar 4, 2023
at his pro day he improved to a 4.53 but that's nothing to write home about either. it was interesting to hear the pregame that they were talking about how he popped and was being noticed in warmups.

blueblood70

Reaction score
at his pro day he improved to a 4.53 but that's nothing to write home about either. it was interesting to hear the pregame that they were talking about how he popped and was being noticed in warmups.
Yes I heard that too and I think maybe it's because a guy who can stride and the way he cuts in and out of his breaks his first step off the line you know mate maybe he looks effortless and the way he runs makes them look fast but you don't need to be fast to be good in this league you just have to be fast enough but we've already seen it with some of the greatest receivers of all time have not all been speedsters guys like Jerry Rice and Michael Irvin just to name a couple we're never really fast they just know how to play the game...

It's kind of the reason the guy like kevonte Turpin who's got some speed that's never really good at being a receiver and he has to work really hard at it... So he's learning how to be a receiver guy like jalen brooks probably natural to be a receiver and plays it and he looks more natural it looks easy so him striding real easy all over the field makes him look fast...