I rewatched the Rams game and Dak was not the issue

johneric8

Reaction score
I went through the game again last night and I have to say that after I was finished I actually found myself disappointed in many dak haters on this board.

First and foremost, The defense allowed some incredibly ridiculous long drives and owned the time of possession that left very little room for error.

Dak protected the ball and made some very nice throws and a run even though the offensive line afforded him zero time. Obviously our line was rated as one of the worst in the league from a pressure standpoint.

Dak was given a lackluster gameplan that gave us no real advantage. Mcvay knew we were going to bring a ton of pressure so he attacked us with short dump offs and nice blocking to take advantage of our pressure. We really did nothing to stop this most of the game and this is what ate up the clock. Why wouldn't the cowboys use more motion and mix play calling up better than what they did?

This leads me to the pandemic and how it messed with us being able to implement a new system. What we are seeing is similar to what we had last year and much of this can be blamed on not having more time to change things up and implement all the new designs and formations..

Dak played more than good enough to win this game, but once again, no coaching and scheme advantage, mixed with horrible offensive line play. If you look at a couple crucial drives where we didn't covert that would of put us in front, you will find Cooper dropping a perfectly thrown ball after a big hit, and you will also see Shultz drop a very important pass that he should of caught. This was a very good pass as well... Lets not forget Ceedee lamb making a rookie mistake and not running his route to the sticks on the 4th down play where Dak threw a perfect ball..

Dak also protected the football and throw an absolute beautiful ball to gallup that in most cases would of been called a completion. I watched this play over and over! Ramsey did indeed have his armed pinned before the ball arrived and Gallup reached into his chest to get away, but it wasn't a blatant push at all and the call should of never been made. This throw was pure clutch and perfectly executed and a crucial part of the game. If Gallup catches this ball we most likely win, or at least have a great chance..

After watching the game again, I came to the conclusion that Dak was one of the best players on that field on Sunday not named Zeke or Aaron Donald...

Quit getting sucked in by the media looking for ratings, or the guys on this forum that Hate Dak.. Any objective person that understands football can see the comedy of events that are happening that contributing to frustration with QB position. Dak gave us a great chance to win this game, I even dare say he played pretty darn good.. You don't believe me? Go back and watch the entire game again. Was he perfect? No, but the guy played pretty darn good.. I feel good about Dak, it's everyone else I worry about.. I think the Cowboys are just cursed if you want to be honest, I think the deal with the devil that Jerry made has run out.

Aven8

Reaction score
The only thing that frightened me was our defense getting blown off the ball, and looking like they were playing in slow motion early on, and the interior Oline. Outside of that we played pretty well.

The D looked like they weren’t prepared for fast real football, which is understandable.

visionary

Reaction score
That is not the point

Every single team has issues of the kind you are bringing up

A great QB finds a way to overcome those issues and get his team past the finish line

Dak needs every other facet to be perfect for the team to win
That ain’t happening in the NFL against the best teams in the playoffs

We have to come to terms with the fact that Dak is not that QB. He will not be THE REASON we won despite other deficiencies

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I went through the game again last night and I have to say that after I was finished I actually found myself disappointed in many dak haters on this board.

First and foremost, The defense allowed some incredibly ridiculous long drives and owned the time of possession that left very little room for error.

Dak protected the ball and made some very nice throws and a run even though the offensive line afforded him zero time. Obviously our line was rated as one of the worst in the league from a pressure standpoint.

Dak was given a lackluster gameplan that gave us no real advantage. Mcvay knew we were going to bring a ton of pressure so he attacked us with short dump offs and nice blocking to take advantage of our pressure. We really did nothing to stop this most of the game and this is what ate up the clock. Why wouldn't the cowboys use more motion and mix play calling up better than what they did?

This leads me to the pandemic and how it messed with us being able to implement a new system. What we are seeing is similar to what we had last year and much of this can be blamed on not having more time to change things up and implement all the new designs and formations..

Dak played more than good enough to win this game, but once again, no coaching and scheme advantage, mixed with horrible offensive line play. If you look at a couple crucial drives where we didn't covert that would of put us in front, you will find Cooper dropping a perfectly thrown ball after a big hit, and you will also see Shultz drop a very important pass that he should of caught. This was a very good pass as well... Lets not forget Ceedee lamb making a rookie mistake and not running his route to the sticks on the 4th down play where Dak threw a perfect ball..

Dak also protected the football and throw an absolute beautiful ball to gallup that in most cases would of been called a completion. I watched this play over and over! Ramsey did indeed have his armed pinned before the ball arrived and Gallup reached into his chest to get away, but it wasn't a blatant push at all and the call should of never been made. This throw was pure clutch and perfectly executed and a crucial part of the game. If Gallup catches this ball we most likely win, or at least have a great chance..

After watching the game again, I came to the conclusion that Dak was one of the best players on that field on Sunday not named Zeke or Aaron Donald...

Quit getting sucked in by the media looking for ratings, or the guys on this forum that Hate Dak.. Any objective person that understands football can see the comedy of events that are happening that contributing to frustration with QB position. Dak gave us a great chance to win this game, I even dare say he played pretty darn good.. You don't believe me? Go back and watch the entire game again. Was he perfect? No, but the guy played pretty darn good.. I feel good about Dak, it's everyone else I worry about.. I think the Cowboys are just cursed if you want to be honest, I think the deal with the devil that Jerry made has run out.
:thumbup::clap::yourock::bow::hammer:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score

Damn, that Dak is good! How he can fool all you lovers is beyond me...if only Dak had a good team then he would have won some games...stupid team, stupid coaches, stupid players, stupid refs, stupid football. Damn pandemic...! If only Dak had a good team then he would really Shine. Well, if JJ would not have drafted him, he might be shining shoes at some airport. Excuses, excuses...

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
That is not the point

Every single team has issues of the kind you are bringing up

A great QB finds a way to overcome those issues and get his team past the finish line

Dak needs every other facet to be perfect for the team to win
That ain’t happening in the NFL against the best teams in the playoffs

We have to come to terms with the fact that Dak is not that QB. He will not be THE REASON we won despite other deficiencies
You are so wrong. Considering the lack of blocking Dak got, he played very well. Any objective football fan could see that!

Blocking matters to a QB! Don’t you understand that?

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Dak didn't play good enough to win, or we would have won! Look, he wasn't bad, he was ok. He was not a difference maker. The pass on 4th down was not "perfect" it was low and behind him, just because it was catchable, doesn't mean ti was a good throw, let alone perfect. The ball to Shultz on 3rd down was not a perfect throw, it was catchable and it should have been caught but it was high and to the right I believe, he had to reach far to the right to catch it.

starfan1

Reaction score

Im a big Dak fan but I will say the 4th down throw could have been better.I dont care for the call when you can tie the game and CeeDee didnt run deep enough as well as Dalton Shultz didnt run his pick effectively. I also think a perfectly thrown ball still comes up short but they are all unknowns.

I agree with your assessment for the most part but the haters will be here soon

leeblair

Reaction score

Dak wasn't the solution, either, and that IS the issue.

aikemirv

Reaction score

3rd downs were the issue along with defense. You just are not going to win very often with a 25% conversion rate. Some of that is on Dak and some of it is not. Some are on drops and some on the absence of any creativity or feel in playcalling.

He gave up on the throw early in the game that was directed towards Gallup with very little chance of completion and the one later in the game to Amari's knees when he was not looking. Both of those plays he needed to get out of the pocket and make a play.

Honestly his passes on the last drive absent the deep ball to Gallop were just a waste. Not deep enough and gets you nowhere in a 2 minute situation - you gotta get some yards in that situation not a 4 yrd pass. The pass to Gallop was a thing of beauty however and I give him credit for that!

ZekeTrain

Reaction score
Lack of training camp has no real bearing on calling short passes and screens. Couple the long routes with the rams pass rush and it probably should have been a blow out.

The game plan itself was a total failure. MM should have nipped it in the bud and got it right. Concerns me that he let it go.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Damn, that Dak is good! How he can fool all you lovers is beyond me...if only Dak had a good team then he would have won some games...stupid team, stupid coaches, stupid players, stupid refs, stupid football. Damn pandemic...! If only Dak had a good team then he would really Shine. Well, if JJ would not have drafted him, he might be shining shoes at some airport. Excuses, excuses...
Get outta here, King...go have a shot of some shine...have one for me also, big dog. lol
Lol no shine I only drink brown.
Football is the ultimate team sport. It is possible for QBs to play well and the team lose. Now dak had a decent game but he was definitely not helped out by anyone else on the offense but zeke. Hence his 5th best PFF grade. Because they only focus on that player, not the outcome of the play, or win, or lose. And yes good teams win games. Not good players.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

If you think that a medicore QB is not the issue then i am with you.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Dak didn’t screw us up. Our Defense couldn’t get off the field. And donald destroyed the middle or our O-Line. Our new HC went the opposite of JG and should have taken the points down by 3 in the 4th quarter. Would have tied the game. If the last real pass of the game was the one to Gallup then when the refs stuck it to us (IMO) then we would have went to OT and had a chance. Our kicker makes the kick he should have and we win. Or could have taken the 3 points on 4th down and would have had the lead.

This team from the staff OC-playcalling, HC-aggressive play call when could have tied it. DC- needed to adjust to the short stuff early.

To the players didn’t execute, dropped big time passes and a few off but catchable throws.

Let’s not forget the refs. They gave rams a TO on the first drive when the clock was on 0 for about 2 seconds. Gave them points. They got a TD instead of a probable FG. Then the pass to Gallup was ticky tack.

We will regroup and play at home. Will look better.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
People nobody is saying dak played bad. However is it not unreasonable to expect more out of him. People we were leading at halftime 14-13. The much maligned defense only gave up 7 points second half. Dak's offense only gave us 3. How is that not his fault?

You can't sit here and make excuse after excuse for the guy. He played good, we needed great. When a guy is asking for mahomes or russel wilson money i don't think thats too much to ask i'm sorry.

He can't just beat up on inferior teams like last year and expect us to all be ok with that. He has great players around him, a coach that isn't garret. In a weak division. If he can't win this year how will he in the future?

Btw i'm not a dak hater. I was one who wanted to give him the money. Now i'm glad we franchised him. Anything short of an NFC championship this year is no good.