I swear some fans will never get it

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That’s complete BS. This team was stacked. No reason to lose that game. Even if it was a bad plan on defense the QB should have been able to score. Not help put the team in a hole they couldn’t overcome
The team was stacked LMAO. We totally overachieved defense sucked. Offensive line., Running game. One wide receiver. But you’re right we still should’ve won that game. It was total mental fatigue and it happens to us a lot and that’s coaching. Arizona kicked our ***.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Other teams don't have huge areas filled by grossly undertalented players. People have repeated this other team's weaknesses so much they've bought into it and use it as a ready excuse. Look at the teams left. How many of them have 4 S's playing over 50% of the snaps? How many of them have zero starting quality LB's playing? How many of them have a tweener starting at DT?

Turn that statement around now. You are only as strong as your weakest link. Are these other teams' weaknesses as weak as ours? The answer: Not even close.
That does not fit the narrative that it is all Dak's fault. Your expecting way too much from our fans to comprehend.

CCBoy

Reaction score
For refusing to give these Americans another ring.

Take two of these and call us in the morning...

Free Cookies Palmiers photo and picture

CCBoy

Reaction score
The Ravens have a strong run defense and the 49'ers have a great run defense also...might mean something.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Dak highest paid quarterback
CeeDee highest paid widereceiver
The Lioness...Highest paid defensive player...How much is tthe "Cap" again????
They might still have enough to sign me.........:facepalm:

GORICO

Reaction score
Hire this coach! Draft this player! Sign this free agent!

It doesn't matter.

Every player and coach who have passed through this organization for the last 28 years, most of whom you now hate because they failed to achieve the ultimate goal, were hired/signed by the general manager (Jerry) and director of player personnel (Stephen).

And guess what, they will hire/sign the next ones, too. Why? Because they gave themselves jobs-for-life.

Blame Dak like you blamed Romo, then blame the next QB. Blame Garrett and McCarthy, whatever you need to do. They're all symptoms of the disease.

As long as the cancer calls the shots, it doesn't matter.

Be glad for a 12 win season and an occasional wild card win, because that's as good as it gets. They have shown us their ceiling. How many decades does it take?
Jake--- seasons past after a week the bad taste and pain usually subside....not this year....and wating for Jerry to pass on wont work cause Jones family

are too close to the glitz and glimmer 8 billion affords them...Jerry's selfishness is now on display of how NOT to manage an NFL team

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Hire this coach! Draft this player! Sign this free agent!

It doesn't matter.

Every player and coach who have passed through this organization for the last 28 years, most of whom you now hate because they failed to achieve the ultimate goal, were hired/signed by the general manager (Jerry) and director of player personnel (Stephen).

And guess what, they will hire/sign the next ones, too. Why? Because they gave themselves jobs-for-life.

Blame Dak like you blamed Romo, then blame the next QB. Blame Garrett and McCarthy, whatever you need to do. They're all symptoms of the disease.

As long as the cancer calls the shots, it doesn't matter.

Be glad for a 12 win season and an occasional wild card win, because that's as good as it gets. They have shown us their ceiling. How many decades does it take?
I said this same thing last year and people looked right past me, so I'm glad you have more pull Jake. We've had 9 starting QBs since Aikman, and 10 including Aikman who retired in 2000 and guess what?

Chasing6

Reaction score
I said this same thing last year and people looked right past me, so I'm glad you have more pull Jake. We've had 9 starting QBs since Aikman, and 10 including Aikman who retired in 2000 and guess what?
And we had the same GM.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Not all. It is all about the QB. Defenses don't matter.
Ever played football?

A team has to stop the run. Passing becomes running once the ball is caught.

Defense is more than a casual skill.

Stop the run and a single receiver can be double teamed. Now just how dominant is any quarterback?

How many points are then needed to win?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ever played football?

Stop the run and a single receiver can be double teamed. Now just how dominant is any quarterback?

They just don’t get it. They continue to put all the blame on the QB on a team that couldn’t run the ball or couldn’t stop the run. It’s an extremely lazy and naive take. But it gives you an idea of where these yahoo’s come from.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Ever played football?

No, no. It is all Dak's fault.

ottawacowpoke

Reaction score
But a bunch of them wanted to sign McClay.

This is why I give little weight to "Its the Jones fault" mantra. It is the same as the "Dak Chokes" mantra.

There is way more to it than that simplistic evaluation.
So just 29 years of bad luck then? Gotcha.

NoFurtherQuestions

Reaction score

This was like 26 years ago, and we still face the same exact problem...

But trading Parsons for picks because he talks too much on social media will change things. Because even if we hit home runs with these picks, they won't be developed in the exact same cancerous culture that Parsons was developed in, right?

"bUt PaRsOnS dOeSn'T pRoFoRm In tHe pLaYoFfs!!" How many Cowboys have this century?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The bottom line is easy: not one NFL team outside of Dallas would hire Jerry as GM or Stephen as Director of Player Personnel.

They've won 4 wild card games in 28 years. They'd have been fired a couple decades ago.

But I'm sure they'll figure it out this offseason. :rolleyes:
Is that the longest reign for a GM in the nfl now?

NoFurtherQuestions

Reaction score
It’s really simple with the Joneses. They won 3 Super Bowls in their first 8 years of existence. So the next step was to develop and promote the brand. The Cowboys now make a billion dollars a year off of merchandise. It’s not changing so why complain. Most posters understand business. The Joneses are winning in that arena so they are not going to change. I would argue bringing in someone else to run the team and then winning a Super Bowl would actually hurt the Joneses more than they are hurt now.
This doesn't make much sense. If it was all about money and the brand then winning again will only help that. How much more merch would the Jones' sell if the Cowboys went back to Super Bowls and won some?

Jerry is actually a terrible businessman. He could be making more money but because of his tiny ego, he refuses to make the team better by stepping aside and letting good Football people run things.