I swear some fans will never get it

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I think people started repeating how brilliant McClay is that they started believing themselve. Look at the last few drafts, Sam Williams, Jaylon Smith, Kelvin Joseph, and now Schooner. We've had what, one good 2nd round pick in the last few years? We have Diggs, good pick. Rest are all busted or busting. Sooooo, repeatedly missing on 2nd round picks is brilliant drafting?

You conveniently bring up all the misses…now bring up all the hits. I’ll wait. The draft is by nature a crap shoot that said only a handful or slightly more (being generous) can say they’ve done better than us overall drafting recently

Ken

Reaction score
The bottom line is easy: not one NFL team outside of Dallas would hire Jerry as GM or Stephen as Director of Player Personnel.

They've won 4 wild card games in 28 years. They'd have been fired a couple decades ago.

But I'm sure they'll figure it out this offseason. :rolleyes:
But a bunch of them wanted to sign McClay.

This is why I give little weight to "Its the Jones fault" mantra. It is the same as the "Dak Chokes" mantra.

There is way more to it than that simplistic evaluation.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
By 1990 you actually could see the team improving. Didn't know exactly what we were going to get but it was quite a ride. There is no hope now. We're going to be stuck in mediocrity until we're all dead. Hoping we get lucky one year is all we got and after this year I don't even think we have that anymore.
Us old timers are really in discouragement.
Hope Jerry retires soon.
Our hope is, is that Stephen will be better?

shabazz

Reaction score
Hire this coach! Draft this player! Sign this free agent!

It doesn't matter.

Every player and coach who have passed through this organization for the last 28 years, most of whom you now hate because they failed to achieve the ultimate goal, were hired/signed by the general manager (Jerry) and director of player personnel (Stephen).

And guess what, they will hire/sign the next ones, too. Why? Because they gave themselves jobs-for-life.

Blame Dak like you blamed Romo, then blame the next QB. Blame Garrett and McCarthy, whatever you need to do. They're all symptoms of the disease.

As long as the cancer calls the shots, it doesn't matter.

Be glad for a 12 win season and an occasional wild card win, because that's as good as it gets. They have shown us their ceiling. How many decades does it take?
The only way out of this dilemma would have been for Jerry to have signed a Harbaugh type coach and given him FREE reign to pick the players coming out of college for the next 3 years.....other than that, any other option is doomed, as you've so eloquently stated

CCBoy

Reaction score
By 1990 you actually could see the team improving. Didn't know exactly what we were going to get but it was quite a ride. There is no hope now. We're going to be stuck in mediocrity until we're all dead. Hoping we get lucky one year is all we got and after this year I don't even think we have that anymore.
SF, Baltimore, and Dallas are the top three teams as to production and cost effectiveness on the team. You might be fighting the wrong battle as to causes. Therej also were 3 seasons of 12 wins. All three weren't complete run aways. Dallas fell behind the first halves in all 3 year's losses. Focus and lack of defensive dominance seems more immediate in all three losses.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I think Stephen will sell the team. I think...I hope he cares less than Jerry does, although I'm not sure Jerry cares at all.
Not the route. the Jones are well respected all, in the NFL...something is wrong with a purely incompetent picture and blaming every emotion insult upon Jerry.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
OK, let’s assume this is true. Do you think different QBs would have gotten better results against the 49ers two years in a row in playoffs
To be totally honest. Right now, I truly don’t know if a quarterback, a different quarterback would’ve made a difference.

BigD_95

Reaction score
No he didn't. Jerry threw 11 all pros into the field w/ 11 High School quality players and called it a good team.
That’s complete BS. This team was stacked. No reason to lose that game. Even if it was a bad plan on defense the QB should have been able to score. Not help put the team in a hole they couldn’t overcome

plymkr

Reaction score
I honestly enjoyed the 1 and 15 team because of the walker trade and the sense we were building something special with a future.
With the current GM , I know we are never winning the SB, so I feel hopeless.
Same here. We’re lost at sea with no direction. At least 1-15 there was a plan. I remember the offseason when Campo was fired and Parcells brought in. Coming off three 5-11 seasons felt better than coming off three 12-5 seasons. It seems like we don’t have a plan and are hoping we get better.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Hire this coach! Draft this player! Sign this free agent!

It doesn't matter.

Every player and coach who have passed through this organization for the last 28 years, most of whom you now hate because they failed to achieve the ultimate goal, were hired/signed by the general manager (Jerry) and director of player personnel (Stephen).

And guess what, they will hire/sign the next ones, too. Why? Because they gave themselves jobs-for-life.

Blame Dak like you blamed Romo, then blame the next QB. Blame Garrett and McCarthy, whatever you need to do. They're all symptoms of the disease.

As long as the cancer calls the shots, it doesn't matter.

Be glad for a 12 win season and an occasional wild card win, because that's as good as it gets. They have shown us their ceiling. How many decades does it take?
OIP.FZbvrz9dz5sBL0BUf23cfgHaFp
Thank -you. You have gotten out of the Matrix....

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Some fans will never get it because they’re stupid. Just look at some of the bright ideas they have for fixing the team. :rolleyes:

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Not the route. the Jones are well respected all, in the NFL...something is wrong with a purely incompetent picture and blaming every emotion insult upon Jerry.
Jerry is the laughingstock of the NFL. I'm sure owners respect him...I mean, he's the owner of the most valuable sports team every year. We are the real fools that pay him. But rather than insult ourselves, it's more therapeutic to go after him, and he is totally deserved of every insult.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Jerry is the laughingstock of the NFL. I'm sure owners respect him...I mean, he's the owner of the most valuable sports team every year. We are the real fools that pay him. But rather than insult ourselves, it's more therapeutic to go after him, and he is totally deserved of every insult.
You blaming the head of state for being an American?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Same here. We’re lost at sea with no direction. At least 1-15 there was a plan. I remember the offseason when Campo was fired and Parcells brought in. Coming off three 5-11 seasons felt better than coming off three 12-5 seasons. It seems like we don’t have a plan and are hoping we get better.
Yup, and hope is not a strategy.