I think a lot of people are taking the Dak friendly as “dumbed down”

clff15701

Reaction score
I don’t think that’s what the Cowboys are trying to get across. Moore’s vertical based offense had wr and the qbs both make adjustments while running 25 yards down the field only to lead to a pick because one or both were often not reading the same thing from the defense. McCarthys offense is going to contain most of the verbiage in the play call telling the qb and wrs where to be. Daks job is to get the ball out in the 10-15 yard range letting the wr or rb take the ball up the field horizontally. The ball comes out quickly on a step count limiting the turnovers. He’s going to have more time to read the defense upfront and based on his initial look and how the defense lines up the qb and wrs know what side of the field to target. Instead of a bunch of cues the wrs will be focused on their breaks and how many steps to take then break. The qb will be focused on how many steps until the ball comes out and throwing to a spot. Everything is timed planned and must go off on a certain step count.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
I watched last year teams like the eagles and giants run read option plays 50% of the time, and it worked. If something works for us then do it, who cares if it's dumbed down. As a matter of fact I woulda have loved to see dak not throwing the ball on the 2nd and 2 int before halftime against SF.

Run whatever gets us points. Until the defense adjust then run something else. We should be using more read option stuff because dak has shown he can do it, and it works for this offense. Even just once a drive to pickup a key first down and keep the chains moving.

clff15701

Reaction score
Yup just the difference between WCO and Air Coryell principles. One isn’t dumber or smarter than the other necessarily, just different philosophies.
Correct, Moore was taking the ball up the field 25 to 30 yards vertically. The WCO is taking the ball horizontal in the 10-15 range with much more of an emphasis on fundamentals and letting the WRs run after the catch…

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t think that’s what the Cowboys are trying to get across. Moore’s vertical based offense had wr and the qbs both make adjustments while running 25 yards down the field only to lead to a pick because one or both were often not reading the same thing from the defense. McCarthys offense is going to contain most of the verbiage in the play call telling the qb and wrs where to be. Daks job is to get the ball out in the 10-15 yard range letting the wr or rb take the ball up the field horizontally. The ball comes out quickly on a step count limiting the turnovers. He’s going to have more time to read the defense upfront and based on his initial look and how the defense lines up the qb and wrs know what side of the field to target. Instead of a bunch of cues the wrs will be focused on their breaks and how many steps to take then break. The qb will be focused on how many steps until the ball comes out and throwing to a spot. Everything is timed planned and must go off on a certain step count.
Good stuff!!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
the Bash Dak over Dallas Cult will take anything Dak related and make it into a negative about Dak. you show them an apple, they will say no its orange and its because Dak sucks. did this make sense? no. because that's how they think

phildadon86

Reaction score
Correct, Moore was taking the ball up the field 25 to 30 yards vertically. The WCO is taking the ball horizontal in the 10-15 range with much more of an emphasis on fundamentals and letting the WRs run after the catch…
I wish this was the philosphy when Dez was here. I swear JG was so entrenched in his arrogance that he wouldnt let Dez do what Dez did best. RAC. I think I saw Dez catch maybe 4 slants in his career. And he housed 2 of them. I actually think it was Romo who changed the play too.

CWR

Reaction score

KMs scheme seems very difficult for both wr and qb to be on the same page, which is a major flaw imo. It's not worth the risk and lack of confidence it creates.

The bad thing is if/when they succeed without him I'll be stuck wondering how much time we wasted.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
I watched last year teams like the eagles and giants run read option plays 50% of the time, and it worked. should be using more read option stuff because dak has shown he can do it, and it works for this offense. Even just once a drive to pickup a key first down and keep the chains moving.
RPO days are behind Dak. Athleticism gone for the most part. Too bad bc that offense was one he could understand and make quick decisions. Dak needs a boss run game or at least the threat of it. Cue up the stat where Dallas runs for 100 yards and 4 is nearly undefeated. 160 million reasons why you could have drafted another guy who could win with a successful running game.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Do people really think year 9 is the first year for a “Dak friendly” offense?

Dak fans gotta be the most easily fooled people in sports.

Lololololololololololol
The Cowboys have been creating a "Dak Friendly" offense since year 2 of Dak as QB. That's how long they have been at it. How much more "Dak Friendly" do you need to perform?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
The Cowboys have been creating a "Dak Friendly" offense since year 2 of Dak as QB. That's how long they have been at it. How much more "Dak Friendly" do you need to perform?
Dak fans fooled into thinking that after 8 years there finally making the offense Dak friendly lololololololol

Dak fans are legit insane lol

Big_D

Reaction score
The fact that Jerry even used this term again is just laughable. The usual garbage from an out of touch 80 year old “GM”.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Those that dont understand football will take it that way.

The truth is that THIS offense and the players in it are better than they were last year.

Gallup, Cooks, tolbert, Pollard, Tyron Smith and the starting Oline. Scheme also appears to be better in design.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dak friendly should never have been used. Same with Romo friendly.

How does someone not automatically thing it means "dumbing down"?????
Because it doesnt mean dumbed down. And if you actually listened to Jerry and especially Lamb in his interview it would make more sense.

But what it really means is Dak is surrounded by better talent. Which he is.

Its more like they took out the dumb and replaced it. The dumb parts of Moore's scheme.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
KMs scheme seems very difficult for both wr and qb to be on the same page, which is a major flaw imo. It's not worth the risk and lack of confidence it creates.

The bad thing is if/when they succeed without him I'll be stuck wondering how much time we wasted.
EXACTLY!

Jerry wasted 3 years forcing Moore on MM when MM could have been perfecting his offense and getting the play calling wrinkles out. Now he has to do that in year #4. And he probably cant install or change all he really wants to in one year. Has to keep a lot of what Moore did.